AC8257 CPU Based unit's problems & questions - Couldn't find any info about it

Search This thread

howardc64

Apr 30, 2016
Is it wiping user data as 1.73.3?

Just installed 1.73.6 on 5760B 1024*600, didn't wipe user data.

Actually, I forgot and left 1.73.3 (don't recall if it was 5/24 or 7/25 version) on the USB stick w/1.73.6 and 1.73.3 got installed which wiped my user data. But then I installed 1.73.6 over this without wiping user data.

Biggest change I notice is just the 2x boot up pop sound is gone. So maybe xyauto have more orderly sound hardware initialization now :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220813-094915.png
    Screenshot_20220813-094915.png
    237.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20220813-092241.png
    Screenshot_20220813-092241.png
    159.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20220813-094904.png
    Screenshot_20220813-094904.png
    145.9 KB · Views: 50

kumarsaovinod

Jan 13, 2016

Actually, I forgot and left 1.73.3 (don't recall if it was 5/24 or 7/25 version) on the USB stick w/1.73.6 and 1.73.3 got installed which wiped my user data. But then I installed 1.73.6 over this without wiping user data.

Biggest change I notice is just the 2x boot up pop sound is gone. So maybe xyauto have more orderly sound hardware initialization now :)
Hello,
I am new in this thread, i just want to know that after update is steering learn function working fine in your stereo,in my stereo everything working fine except this option-

Attachments

• 20220727_204738.jpg
    20220727_204738.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 50
  • 20220811_182429.jpg
    20220811_182429.jpg
    774.9 KB · Views: 49

howardc64

Apr 30, 2016
Hello,
I am new in this thread, i just want to know that after update is steering learn function working fine in your stereo,in my stereo everything working fine except this option-

My steering wheel learn works fine for a 2011 Prius. I only program volume up/down, forward/backward (radio channel, music player) and mode. I don't use the function your circled (range sensor?)

TorstenH

Feb 20, 2021
My steering wheel learn works fine for a 2011 Prius. I only program volume up/down, forward/backward (radio channel, music player) and mode. I don't use the function your circled (range sensor?)

I think less people known what's really missing. The possibility to switch between apps by keeping eyes on the highway:

Reactions: kumarsaovinod

kumarsaovinod

Jan 13, 2016
Yes, my stereo volume and forward reverse function working normally, and that (range sensor) option, i was using it for front camera, but after update it is not working.

howardc64

Apr 30, 2016
Yes, my stereo volume and forward reverse function working normally, and that (range sensor) option, i was using it for front camera, but after update it is not working.

I guess it a bug. Unfortunately no way to report to xyauto but maybe they will hear from their sellers soon enough.

Just to confirm it worked under 1.73.3 but not 1.73.6?

kumarsaovinod

Jan 13, 2016
I think less people known what's really missing. The possibility to switch between apps by keeping eyes on the highway:
Is it app for steering wheel function?

cibade

Aug 14, 2022
Hello everyone. When upgrading to 1.73.3 I have a problem hearing the voice instructions on google maps. All the instructions in the form of voice from this navigator are heard cut off at the beginning of the message, for example: "within 1 km I joined the highway", you would hear: "........1 km I joined the highway ". It is as if a sound mixer dimmed the beginning of any message that google maps gives. Has this happened to anyone else ?, thanks.

kumarsaovinod

Jan 13, 2016
Is it app for steering wheel function
Hello everyone. When upgrading to 1.73.3 I have a problem hearing the voice instructions on google maps. All the instructions in the form of voice from this navigator are heard cut off at the beginning of the message, for example: "within 1 km I joined the highway", you would hear: "........1 km I joined the highway ". It is as if a sound mixer dimmed the beginning of any message that google maps gives. Has this happened to anyone else ?, thanks.
No i haven't any issues like this i already updated my stereo in 1.73.6 version

kumarsaovinod

Jan 13, 2016
Anyone have YT5760B old firmware J1.73 or earlier version, i want it for downgrade my stereo's firmware, updated version firmware has many bug, if anyone have please share me link or Google drive link.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, everyone, i am hoping one of you can help me with updating my unit. I am having trouble navigating around xy autos website, and i am not sure wich file to download to update.

Can anyone maybe share a link to the correct update file?

And another question, when i update, do i just put the zip file on a usb stick or unzip every file first?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Your model is same as mine (I have 2GB) and the most commonly discussed model here. This is the file you want (ota, 2-4GB model). Just put the zip file on your USB stick (don't unzip) and push Android Update button. Make sure there are no other xyauto zip firmware on the USB.

XYAUTO (xygala.com)

I don't think 1.73.7 will erase user data (and license keys) but am not sure. Read my signature link website on this to know the risks (potentially losing license file)

You also have FW version that starts with letter J. We don't know the significance but seems to use same firmware as units without J* firmware. Following user had no problem upgrading his J* firmware unit successfully. But he has various feature problems (probably not due to updating J* firmware unit but don't know for sure) so read all his follow on posts.

There are others that have updated J firmware units. Use search function on this thread and enter "J1.73" to find all posts. Make sure you x out all the search suggestions for other threads. Anyway, here is the search result link

Search results for query: J1.73 | XDA Forums (xda-developers.com)
    Cool let us know what you find eventually for solution

BTW, looking at the chipset on the logic board. I think there is a chip that is dedicated to handle all camera functions (360, backup) This is why backup cam comes on so fast when you go into reverse. It doesn't depend on any app. As soon as backup signal is received, the LCD video chip switches to backup camera source instead of HU Android desktop/

I look in various menus to see if backup camera can be disabled all together. No luck.

Link in power mode sections shows 0.01A within a min when HU goes to sleep. This is very low and probably far lower than total consumption on rest of the car parked. I don't know if HU will draw more power periodically by waking up etc...

How long it last also depends on the 12V battery. Capacity? How new? Cell chemistry (deep cycle? AGM? etc)

Anyway for 0.01A, I'd not worry about it in relation to the rest of the electronics in the car.
    Coming back with the solution for getting the original Honda Civic 2013 backup Camera to work.
    Getting the camera signal from the original harness was necessary since it was not part of the canbus. Fortunatelly I didn't do that from the main 32 Pin connector but from the rear camera connector from the trunk.
    Is it wiping user data as 1.73.3?

I have recorder a video with the YT5760B system upgrade. It takes about 5 minutes to complete. In the attached ZIP file you can find the video.
    I have updated firmware to the latest version 1.71.
    • Setting up car's clock finally works with Mazda 6 GH
    • Annoying sound in the background did not disappear
    • DSP profiles work better since 1.70

Screenshot_20211026-084834.jpg
    The above one with "ota" in the name of the file is the right one to copy onto a USB stick and to update the head unit. Usually, the second file is to update the firmware via PC
    Yes, I have installed 1.66. I do not have any issues with volume. RDS started to work from time to time. Wi-Fi hotspot with Headunit Reloaded app still crashes.
    I have taken the plunge to update to v1.66 without backing up the old ROM, big risk of turning the head unit into a brick but luckily everything turned out fine.

My observations on the latest ROM:
    1. Android settings now report the OS as android 10.0 instead of 9.1, no idea if this is really true.
    2. New ROM did not erase the old settings and programs, but I could not login to my Google account. I had to restore to factory settings and setup everything from scratch.
    3. Split screen can be enabled in factory settings, same as my older ROM.
    4. Volume problem is still there, but seems not as bad as previous ROM. At least now I can set DSP to BBE mode and tune my Poweramp turning DVC off. Previously I had to use DVC so that I can tune to the EQ curve I want without encountering the volume problem, but with DVC I had to turn the master volume higher, which sounds ridiculously loud when I switch to Spotify or radio.
    5. Google Assistant asking to set as default still remains.

Another tip for those who want to use Google Assistant to make a phone call, you need to go to developer options and find the minimum text width, which is set to 600 by default, and change it to something slightly smaller like 592. This will make the OS think it's a phone rather than tablet, otherwise Google Assistant will say "I don't know how to do that yet" when you ask to make a phone call.