AC8257 CPU Based unit's problems & questions - Couldn't find any info about it

Search This thread

kumarsaovinod

Jan 13, 2016
Hello,
This TRAK N TELL company is selling there stereo which is same YT5760B and we can see clearly that in this stereo has VOLTE feature compatible, anyone knows that how to enable VOLTE feature on this stereo.

Attachments

• 20220816_105845.jpg
    20220816_105845.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 39

howardc64

Apr 30, 2016
Hello,
This TRAK N TELL company is selling there stereo which is same YT5760B and we can see clearly that in this stereo has VOLTE feature compatible, anyone knows that how to enable VOLTE feature on this stereo.

I recently encountered the following. It might provide some direction on where to research next

- In US, AT&T is shutting down 3G. For phones that connected to 3G for voice calls, AT&T automatically change them to VoLTE to make voice calls. However, AT&T didn't enable some international unlocked GSM phone for VoLTE. I have an international GSM unlocked Samsung S10. It would connect LTE and get data, able to send and receive text, but no phone calls due to AT&T not enabling these phones for VoLTE.

So in your quest for VoLTE, I'd imagine you need to research

1. Your carrier's status on VoLTE vs 3G calls
2. I can't even get LTE in US on most carriers on this HU. Presumably the cellular modem is made in China and supports China's LTE bands which is common to most of the world EXCEPT US. I did a post on this

As for how to get to Engineering menu, search for "Various HU menus" in the URL in my signature line.

I would guess its likely VoLTE maybe carrier specific.

kumarsaovinod

Jan 13, 2016
I recently encountered the following. It might provide some direction on where to research next

- In US, AT&T is shutting down 3G. For phones that connected to 3G for voice calls, AT&T automatically change them to VoLTE to make voice calls. However, AT&T didn't enable some international unlocked GSM phone for VoLTE. I have an international GSM unlocked Samsung S10. It would connect LTE and get data, able to send and receive text, but no phone calls due to AT&T not enabling these phones for VoLTE.

So in your quest for VoLTE, I'd imagine you need to research

1. Your carrier's status on VoLTE vs 3G calls
2. I can't even get LTE in US on most carriers on this HU. Presumably the cellular modem is made in China and supports China's LTE bands which is common to most of the world EXCEPT US. I did a post on this

As for how to get to Engineering menu, search for "Various HU menus" in the URL in my signature line.

I would guess its likely VoLTE maybe carrier specific.
May be you are right, may be it is depends on network providers.

Apk07

Dec 23, 2007
Michigan
You know what's funny, on my HU that's supposedly 1280x720, the digitizer appears to only be 1024x600. If I go to the touch screen settings and manually set the resolution instead of using "auto", 1024x600 is the only one that works accurately without registering my touches an inch away from my finger.

Is it common for a digitizer and LCD to use different resolutions, or am I running into a case where my screen might be a fake 1280x720? Several hardware/spec apps claim it's 1280x720 still but I have noticed ZLink's Android Auto is squished like it's the wrong aspect ratio.

I'll ask again... has annnnnnnyone on a res other than 1024x600 tried flashing these newer firmware versions?

howardc64

Apr 30, 2016
You know what's funny, on my HU that's supposedly 1280x720, the digitizer appears to only be 1024x600. If I go to the touch screen settings and manually set the resolution instead of using "auto", 1024x600 is the only one that works accurately without registering my touches an inch away from my finger.

Is it common for a digitizer and LCD to use different resolutions, or am I running into a case where my screen might be a fake 1280x720? Several hardware/spec apps claim it's 1280x720 still but I have noticed ZLink's Android Auto is squished like it's the wrong aspect ratio.

I'll ask again... has annnnnnnyone on a res other than 1024x600 tried flashing these newer firmware versions?

I think touch digitizer resolution has nothing to do with display resolution. 1024*600 was just coincidence. There is nothing technically that ties their resolution together.

And yes, would be good if someone with 1280*720 willing to follow xyauto updates and post results. It does seem like xyauto has merged 1024*600 and 1280*720 into one firmware by the absence of these resolutions. But we don't really know for sure. And even if it works, we don't know that it will stay that way in the future. A bit of a gamble and probably best conducted by someone with brick recovery experience just in case.

Last edited:

howardc64

Apr 30, 2016
Updated 5760B 1024*600 to 1.73.7. System Version Log list nothing new from 1.73.6

No drama, no user data wipe. Just the usual.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220817-181726.png
    Screenshot_20220817-181726.png
    239.4 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot_20220817-181737.png
    Screenshot_20220817-181737.png
    157.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot_20220817-181750.png
    Screenshot_20220817-181750.png
    147.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20220817-181759.png
    Screenshot_20220817-181759.png
    149.7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Toky745

Jan 20, 2022
I think touch digitizer resolution has nothing to do with display resolution. 1024*600 was just coincidence. There is nothing technically that ties their resolution together.

And yes, would be good if someone with 1280*720 willing to follow xyauto updates and post results. It does seem like xyauto has merged 1024*600 and 1280*720 into one firmware by the absence of these resolutions. But we don't really know for sure. And even if it works, we don't know that it will stay that way in the future. A bit of a gamble and probably best conducted by someone with brick recovery experience just in case.
I have 1280*720, i went through 1.7.3.3 to 1.7.3.6 and there are no issues so far, i have problems with rear camera, they were iven befpre update, currently black screen but I have ordered new one and hope it will solve it

Toky745

Jan 20, 2022

I have 1280*720, i went through 1.7.3.3 to 1.7.3.6 and there are no issues so far, i have problems with rear camera, they were even before update, currently black screen but I have ordered new one and hope it will solve it

howardc64

Apr 30, 2016
I have 1280*720, i went through 1.7.3.3 to 1.7.3.6 and there are no issues so far, i have problems with rear camera, they were iven befpre update, currently black screen but I have ordered new one and hope it will solve it

Great I will note it in the url in my signature link. Please update after 1.73.7

Since you seem to update soon after firmware release, perhaps you can post an update like post #948?

Apk07

Dec 23, 2007
Michigan
I think with that I'm gunna download the 1.73.7 and try it on my 1280x720 8GB head unit later today.

~5-6 hour ETA on the download o_O

Is there a way to backup my ZLink license? I'm find with data being wiped, I'd just like to make sure I don't murder my Android Auto.

howardc64

Apr 30, 2016
I think with that I'm gunna download the 1.73.7 and try it on my 1280x720 8GB head unit later today.

~5-6 hour ETA on the download o_O

Is there a way to backup my ZLink license? I'm find with data being wiped, I'd just like to make sure I don't murder my Android Auto.

I took a picture of zlink launch screen with the license code just for safe keepings.

But every time I've had user data wiped, zlink recovered its license on its own. It seems to even recover when not in network (not sure, recall seeing offline activation on launch screen) But I always setup network anyways and never had to enter the license code, it has always just recovered itself. May have to launch it a couple of times to get it to activate properly. So the license maybe stored somewhere on HU that isn't wiped or recovered through cloud. Can't promise anything but thats my experience :)

Apk07

Dec 23, 2007
Michigan
I took a picture of zlink launch screen with the license code just for safe keepings.

But every time I've had user data wiped, zlink recovered its license on its own. It seems to even recover when not in network (not sure, recall seeing offline activation on launch screen) But I always setup network anyways and never had to enter the license code, it has always just recovered itself. May have to launch it a couple of times to get it to activate properly. So the license maybe stored somewhere on HU that isn't wiped or recovered through cloud. Can't promise anything but thats my experience :)
If you extract the content there are some config files about licensing ZLink, so I think it may be baked into the OTA somehow...

Interestingly enough for me, last time I factory reset I could not get ZLink to activate until I had Wifi running. And even then, it failed to activate. Then I realized my timezone and time on the HU were not set properly yet... so I fixed that and closed/opened ZLink again and it activated properly. I know it's common for SSL certs and whatnot to get upset over the time being wrong, so that didn't surprise me much.

howardc64

Apr 30, 2016
If you extract the content there are some config files about licensing ZLink, so I think it may be baked into the OTA somehow...

Interestingly enough for me, last time I factory reset I could not get ZLink to activate until I had Wifi running. And even then, it failed to activate. Then I realized my timezone and time on the HU were not set properly yet... so I fixed that and closed/opened ZLink again and it activated properly. I know it's common for SSL certs and whatnot to get upset over the time being wrong, so that didn't surprise me much.

I now remember I had a failed activation message a couple of times. But never chased down why. I just keep relaunching zlink and eventually it activates. I think never more than 2-3 relaunches. Can't remember if network has to be on or not and behavior might have changed with firmware releases.

Apk07

Dec 23, 2007
Michigan
Updated from 1.73.0 to 1.73.7 on my 1280x720 8GB HU and it wiped data, which is fine- but the CANBUS app is completely FUBAR, it's distorted and the selections I used to have are no longer there. Prolly gunna try and grab an APK for it from a previous release.

Other than that, everything works fine. Screen res looks fine, ZLink still works fine, no weird popping or anything out of the ordinary.

Apk07

Dec 23, 2007
Michigan
Used one of the older CANBUS OTA's from the XYAuto site and got that back to working again.

The system does feel snappier compared to 1.73.0. Could just be placebo but it felt like Play Store updates were much quicker to download/install and moving around apps feels smoother. Not that it's a fast headunit at all, just... from a "painfully slow" to just "slow."

Last edited:

Alejandrobs

Jun 9, 2020
Friends, does anyone know how I can force the activation of the external amplifier? since the last two updates it does not turn on(8gb unit), when I activate the icon in the notifications, a power signal is sent to the amplifier but it turns off instantly (the amplifier power signal is through the blue cable) but it does not work now.

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    updated 11/19/22 1.73.7 + 11/18/22 UI20 for 1024x600 2GB/32GB YT-5760B

• Did not user data wipe over my prior firmware 11/4/22 1.73.7
    • Audio volume back to normal loudness. No longer need to press a bunch of volume +. Decided to keep this upgrade
    • I did get a crash + user data wipe during rapid power down/up sequence.
    Screenshot_20221120-214358.pngScreenshot_20221120-214413.pngScreenshot_20221120-214328.png
    Hey folks, quick question here. Has any of you experienced a self wipe from your head units? Mine just did that, lost all apps, zlink was not activated until I got wifi to the radio. Pretty strange event. There was some solar wind activity a few weeks ago, that can mess up electronics, but I don't know in my case no particular electromagnetic things happening in my garage, lol. Let me know about your thoughts, maybe is common with these units. Thanks
    Yes it happened to me 4 or 5 times when starting the car (see post #1124), since I changed power mode from "direct shutdown" to "user mode" the problem dissapeared.
    Thanks brother, do you have by any chance the engineering password available, I can't seem to find it this morning
    Check Howardc64's website, there is a lot of info there! The passwords are here:

Yeah. Thinking of that. But I saw someone posted on youtube that he can display voltage on taskbar without obd. I hope we can do that.
    I have a friend with a chinese HU installed in his VW golf, It is conected to the car via CANBUS (not obd) and he can see battery voltage, water temp., rpm, fuel level, odometer and more in the screen.

So it can be done, but is not easy, I dont know if canbus comunication in cars are standard between car manufacturers or if a canbus analyzer is needed, moreover, we need anyone who knows to develop android apps...
    Guys, is it mandatory to activate the DIRECT SHUTDOWN MODE? Will my battery be ok with USER MODE?
    Hi.

I think that most of the people uses "user mode", I have been using "direct shut down mode" and I have some problems with the HU because it wipes all user data.

@howardc64 Has tested how much curret it draws when sleeping and seems to be quite low
    Is it wiping user data as 1.73.3?

Just installed 1.73.6 on 5760B 1024*600, didn't wipe user data.

Actually, I forgot and left 1.73.3 (don't recall if it was 5/24 or 7/25 version) on the USB stick w/1.73.6 and 1.73.3 got installed which wiped my user data. But then I installed 1.73.6 over this without wiping user data.

Biggest change I notice is just the 2x boot up pop sound is gone. So maybe xyauto have more orderly sound hardware initialization now :)
    i did it !!! i did it !!! my radio works!! to much people with this problem and i found the solution trying bored files from xygala, i was bored, i downloaded all the files in that drive 1 by 1.. seems it’s a driver for lg screens, i will edit this to make a tutorial, but i need help to do it, my english is not so good
    I have recorder a video with the YT5760B system upgrade. It takes about 5 minutes to complete. In the attached ZIP file you can find the video.
    The XYgala.com has released another newer 1.73.7 split screen firmware (release date 28 October).
    And UI20 add-on pack has also been updated, it made adding the app to main screen bit easier.
    The new firmware updated the Zlink to ver 3.9.43, which causes sound/music distortion when using Carpaly.
    At least this problem appeared on my HU.
    if you are having the same problem, you can install zlink ver 3.9.27 from my previous post.
    I have updated firmware to the latest version 1.71.
    • Setting up car's clock finally works with Mazda 6 GH
    • Annoying sound in the background did not disappear
    • DSP profiles work better since 1.70

Screenshot_20211026-084834.jpg