AC8257 CPU Based unit's problems & questions - Couldn't find any info about it

Search This thread

Inatrer

Mar 17, 2021
Thank trou my friend ! Someone have the link for 1.66 in 32bit ? Or It's possible to patch boot.img of 1.68 then flash it on my 1.66 ?

It's same firmware for 32/64bits ? Because I look I have 32bits system

Last question, Do I have to modify boot.img with hex editor I have android 10 32bits on the HU ?

Thank very much @Inatrer
it looks like it is same for 32/64 (or it is only 32bit, it is only one for this model on the developer site)
i am not sure if you should modify, you can try to do it witout modification, if it is needed, you will not have root and you will need to flash modified.
I have same model of device (but 2/32 ver) and most people on 4pda says it is not 10 android, it is fake and we have 9.
anyway, if modify needed it is not danger to flash not modified.
The problem is only if you flash not for your device.

on 4pda another way to have rood with no flashing, but using ADB and supersu, only the problem there, that supersu always asking (at boot, not sure) to modify core or some script, not remembre already. and if you press yes you will have bootloop.

Reactions: nextgeek

piotrmocko

Dec 14, 2013
Kraków
@Inatrer can you link some guide how to use SP Flash Tool? I found this one, but I'm not sure if it is correct. Especially I don't know how to put the headunit into download mode without having any phisical buttons.

accee

Mar 21, 2021
If in your original firmware ZLink app was active, then after upgrading to v1.68 it still will be.

But if you previously didn't have active ZLink, then it won't become active after upgrade.
I dont have zlink activated... But i dont know how to do activation.

The QR code and chines Wechat doesent worka for me..

Is for someone this metode works?

piotrmocko

Dec 14, 2013
Kraków
You can't activate ZLink app. Only the manufacturer of the head unit can activate it. The seller can't. The company who sell ZLink doesn't reply to emails.

Instead of ZLink app you can buy and install HeadUnit Reloaded for Android Auto. Version 6.3 of this app works with Android Auto wireless. Tested on my Samsung Galaxy S8 with Android 9.

videojo

Apr 21, 2012
I dont have zlink activated... But i dont know how to do activation.

The QR code and chines Wechat doesent worka for me..

Is for someone this metode works?
download and flash 1.68 firmware without zlink carplay support and activate carplay funktion in secret menu 8888 usb settings menu to carplay on and reboot

accee

Mar 21, 2021
download and flash 1.68 firmware without zlink carplay support and activate carplay funktion in secret menu 8888 usb settings menu to carplay on and reboot
Yes. It works for me.... But with wire... Zlink has wireless carplay support...

Maby any other app can do wireless carplay?

accee

Mar 21, 2021
Hi all.
Y5760b radio.
Canbus 3.1 - in right bottom corner i dont have steringwhele learn button.. in an earlier version I had such a button and I could change the meaning of the steering wheel buttons. Please, let me know what version of CanBus you have and the steering wheel learning is working on?

pablo.andrey

Apr 17, 2021
Hi everyone. I need help !

I tried to update the firmware on my AC8257 using the recovery option. I downloaded the zip version of the XYAUTO link.

It gave an error. Now, it does not boot. It just stays on that screen. Can you help me update with the smart phone flash tool software? Detail: windows does not recognize the drive.

Attachments

• 20210417_130902.jpg
    20210417_130902.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • som.png
    som.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 20210416_141000.jpg
    20210416_141000.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 30

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have this hissing sound too, did you found what causes it?
    I didn't. I would like to install some low-pass filters on each wire to speaker, but I don't know what exact filter it should be.

@videojo I believe that you did some amplifier upgrade. Did you have a similar audio issue?

I have attached a recording of this strange sound - increase your volume level to 100% to hear it. At the end of the recording there is quite break when this sound disappears before next song starts.
    I didn't. I would like to install some low-pass filters on each wire to speaker, but I don't know what exact filter it should be.

@videojo I believe that you did some amplifier upgrade. Did you have a similar audio issue?

I have attached a recording of this strange sound - increase your volume level to 100% to hear it. At the end of the recording there is quite break when this sound disappears before next song starts.

Yap, it this the exact same sound my unit makes too. It almost sounds like coil whine.
    Just spent like 30 min messing with those settings with no success. Guess I'll have to unplug the rear connector.

I have this hissing sound too, did you found what causes it?
    Mostly poor hardware/ component layout.
    This is a feature of these cheap greybox units.
    Found a way to fix all mic issues by replacing the internal mic that can be found on the left side of the unit with a mic from an old Motorola phone
    The link requires login and password. Can you tell me where to register?

Username: xyauto
    Password: 123456
    The update you have suggested is Android 10. In your first post you have mentioned that you have Android 9. Have you installed exactly that update and did it update your Android from 9 to 10?

I have XY Link 1.61 and the new update is 1.65, so hopefully it will fix something.
    Moreover, I have a different radio chip than you.

Could you please share the screenshot with the full specification of your head unit?
    Screenshot_20201004-120433.png

Do you have any idea what for are small packages?
    Screenshot 2020-12-24 123238.png
    I was wrong about my radio chipt, it is also NXP6856 (And I'm getting terrible reception).

About the android version: I wouldn't trust the number that the lovely Chinese fellas give you. I've encountered other posts that say that while the ROM reports Android 10, It's actually 6,7 and so on.

I can't take a screenshot right now, but it looks very similar, with the only notable differences being:
    1. It shows a CPU of AC8259 (Instead of AC8257)
    2. It says XY LINK: 1.65
    3. Perhaps it also says Android 10, can't remember.

I'm 99% sure it will work on your system, but I can't promise that.

About the small packages, I'm guessing that they are small addons you can install. I tried the voice one, expecting to get a working google assistant, but instead I got a very intrusive chinese sepakinng assistant, while also getting most of my settings reset...
    When you will have time, then please confirm what Android version you have in
    Android Settings > System > Advanced > About car
    Screenshot_20201004-120554.png
    I have the same unit.

1. I don't have this problem.

2. Mine didn't bring the external mic either.

3. Ran geekbench and have about the same score as you. Will install DevCheck to confirm the 3 cores situation. Would be nice to have all the cores working tho because the performance is not very good. Can we use DevCheck results to ask for a refund of any kind, since the unit is advertised as an octa-core?
    After reading the Russian forums, using Chrome translate of course, I realised the way they mark the processors as 8 cores could be misleading. Some say it's 4 cores with 4 GPU cores, others say it's 4 big and 4 little cores.

Using a search on geekbench for posted scores, I see most of them have similar scores. Using my Huawei phone score as comparison, multi core score is about 3x of single core score, which is consistent with the head unit score ratio, so the core being offline might not be the cause of the low score, probably the processor simply sucks given the low single core score.

Russian forum discussions also mentioned the lousy DSP handling, with attenuated volume when heavy bass kicks in, the Rock DSP mode sounds good but the volume variation is very irritating.