AC8257 CPU Based unit's problems & questions - Couldn't find any info about it

Search This thread

EagleXDR

Sep 1, 2019
A site by @howardc64 which has a lot of handy information about this headunit: https://sites.google.com/view/yt5760bac8259/home

Hey guys,

I recently got a new Chinese head unit for my exciting Kia Picanto: "Carlaoer 4GB/64GB Android 9" unit. It wasn't exactly my choice. The seller does not respond.

The specs are:
CPU: AC8257 (A Mediatek?)
XY LINK (No idea what that is): 1.6 (Z2)
Radio: NXP6857
MCU: 0.7 (Z2).

There is very little information on the web about that chipset/units that are based on it. I only found one thread here that led to another thread in Russian, over at 4PDA, but sadly, even with google translate, I couldn't understand any of it (It does look quite informative). If anybody who reads my thread happen to own a unit like this/with those specs, I'd be more than happy to hear from you!

I have a number of issues with the unit. I'm guessing most of them are not hardware related and can be somehow fixed, perhaps the key is getting root, but I couldn't figure it out on my own (I can follow instructions pretty well, but I'm not a developer or anything like that):

1. Google Assistant: After a pretty random period of use and always after a reboot, Google assistant will cease to function, saying it's not the default assistant and will ask me to set it as such. However, when I go into settings, it's definitely set as the default assistant (The only one that exists). When I choose "None" and then choose the Google assistant again, it starts working again for a while. In addition, I'm unable to choose "Google enhanced voice recognition" (Perhaps it's just called "Google"), and can only choose "Basic Google Recognition" as the voice input of choice. Regardless, I can talk to the assistant and use "OK google", so I don't know if it's related or of it matters. The only solution I found online talked about installing the google app in a system folder (Needs root), when it doesn't come pre-installed with the ROM (It didn't in my case, I got it from the Play Store). However, I'm not sure that's the case here, as it does seem to run for a while. Well, I'm not sure about anything :p.

2. Bluetooth randomly loses connection to my phone. Tried various phones in various positions, all using android 9 & 10 and it happened with all of them. I'd be happy to provide more information, but I can't understand why is it happening.

3. RDS Station name and information: RDS text rarely appears. When it does, it takes anywhere from 45 seconds to a couple of minutes to appear. I have tried various radio apps I found here and on the web, but nothing worked. I'm guessing it's because they were incompatible with my cpu/radio processor. What can cause such odd behavior of RDS?

4. Lastly and probably the weirdest: The system arrived with a cable that is attached to a SIM holder. So far so good. It appears as SIM2 in the pinout of the relevant harness (And also in the settings). When starting the unit for the first time, I was surprised to find out that there's SIM1, which already includes a CHN-UNICOM sim... It gets weirder, as the phone shows a single IMEI number for both of the sims. Is it possible that it's something virtual that was left by the manufacturer in the testing/developments stage? Can it be that there is an actual sim inside the unit (It's not a 2nd hand or anything like that)? I couldn't find anyone who ran into something like this before.

I know these questions are a lot, and I would be grateful for solving even one of those mysteries.
I thank you in advance!

Have a great day :)
Noam.

Last edited:

bicer79

Jun 7, 2016
Kıprıs
Yes, Carlaoer Dan bought two devices.
One is fine, but the other device has a software problem.
Seller Carlaoer was not helpful.
Carlaoer bad seller

Reactions: ihsan58

@gleidonbor

Nov 22, 2020
I have a head unit like this on my Peugeot 207, and I have the same problem with the Google Assistant.

Some factory aplication lost uptade after reboot.

Last edited:

piotrmocko

Dec 14, 2013
Kraków
3. RDS Station name and information: RDS text rarely appears. When it does, it takes anywhere from 45 seconds to a couple of minutes to appear. I have tried various radio apps I found here and on the web, but nothing worked. I'm guessing it's because they were incompatible with my cpu/radio processor. What can cause such odd behavior of RDS?

In my case I have no RDS in the radio app. I have no idea how to get it working. I found a description at one AliExpress offer, that YT5760B does not have RDS at all.

My head unit
  • Android 9.1 Car Edition YT5760B_00002_V001
  • 9" IPS 1024x600
  • Model: YT5760B
  • Manufacturer / Brand: alps
  • CPU: MTK AC8257 8 cores 850 - 2621 MHz 32-bit ARMv7 ac8257_demo_1g_32
  • ABIs: armeabi-v7a, armeabi
  • RAM DDR3 4GB
  • Storage 64 GB

piotrmocko

Dec 14, 2013
Kraków
The update you have suggested is Android 10. In your first post you have mentioned that you have Android 9. Have you installed exactly that update and did it update your Android from 9 to 10?

I have XY Link 1.61 and the new update is 1.65, so hopefully it will fix something.
Moreover, I have a different radio chip than you.

Could you please share the screenshot with the full specification of your head unit?
Screenshot_20201004-120433.png

Do you have any idea what for are small packages?
Screenshot 2020-12-24 123238.png

Last edited:
Reactions: bicer79

EagleXDR

Sep 1, 2019
I was wrong about my radio chipt, it is also NXP6856 (And I'm getting terrible reception).

About the android version: I wouldn't trust the number that the lovely Chinese fellas give you. I've encountered other posts that say that while the ROM reports Android 10, It's actually 6,7 and so on.

I can't take a screenshot right now, but it looks very similar, with the only notable differences being:
1. It shows a CPU of AC8259 (Instead of AC8257)
2. It says XY LINK: 1.65
3. Perhaps it also says Android 10, can't remember.

I'm 99% sure it will work on your system, but I can't promise that.

About the small packages, I'm guessing that they are small addons you can install. I tried the voice one, expecting to get a working google assistant, but instead I got a very intrusive chinese sepakinng assistant, while also getting most of my settings reset...

Reactions: bicer79

bicer79

Jun 7, 2016
Kıprıs
Hello.

I downloaded an update from the Xygala site but was unable to install it.

How can I do it?

Attachments

• IMG_20201027_082430.jpg
    IMG_20201027_082430.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 936

bicer79

Jun 7, 2016
Kıprıs
Which file did you download? What exactly did you do and what happened? Please describe it step by step.

I tried all the files in the link.

I tried it with a USB stick. Android upgrade is not enabled

I plugged it into computer with flashtool, device not detected (Usb1 and usb2)

I had YT9216 (8227L) before, I updated with these methods

Reactions: LGvnfans

tkhtapro

Dec 28, 2020
Used the update shown in screenshot from the above site, seems to be a better version than what i had, says its android 10.0 but cpu-z says its 9 (pie) api 28

No need to unzip, just put on usb stick, connect to usb port on HU and go to system info and click android upgrade (should be blue text).

Noticable differences are:

UI has changed, I hated the other UI and found no possible way to change it so am happy with this outcome

System info has changed as you can see in pics

I can now customize home screen which i could not do before the update.

System info shows XY Audio instead of XY link

1 problem hopefully someone can help me with, i had built in apple carplay, all i had to do was connect Iphone Via USB and it would activate carplay, this is not the case after update no action is initiated after plugging in iphone via usb. Hope someone can help with that.

It seems you must use the Zlink to use carplay / android auto but its near impossible if you dont live or know anyone with wechat in china

Hope this helps others details are in pics

Attachments

• 20201226_183811.jpg
    20201226_183811.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,662
  • 20201224_102028.jpg
    20201224_102028.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,609
  • 20201228_180929.jpg
    20201228_180929.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,565
  • Screenshot_20201228-190612_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201228-190612_Chrome.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 1,653
Last edited:

piotrmocko

Dec 14, 2013
Kraków
I have installed the update and it works. It is a fake Android 10.1. AIDA64 displays Android 9 and API level 28.
Screenshot_20201229-172903.png
Screenshot_20201229-211112.png

Moreover, there is a pre-installed but not activated ZLink app. Radio RDS is still not working. The Launcher did not change.
Screenshot_20201229-173426.png
Screenshot_20201229-173056.png
Screenshot_20201229-222333.jpg

But the worst is that 360 cameras app is asking for the activation and after the update I am not able to see my cameras.
Screenshot_20201229-173345.png
Screenshot_20201229-174507.png

To fix 360 cameras I have installed Roundadas app (see attachment) from the previous firmware that I found at https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=1000527&view=findpost&p=102949106 and 360 cameras works again

Attachments

• 20201229_171715.jpg
    20201229_171715.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,094
  • 20201229_171834.jpg
    20201229_171834.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 978
  • 20201229_171951.jpg
    20201229_171951.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 843
  • 20201229_172023.jpg
    20201229_172023.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,481
  • Roundadas_360_Cameras_v2020.07.07.15.apk.zip
    40.2 MB · Views: 883
Last edited:
Reactions: LGvnfans

piotrmocko

Dec 14, 2013
Kraków
1 problem hopefully someone can help me with, i had built in apple carplay, all i had to do was connect Iphone Via USB and it would activate carplay, this is not the case after update no action is initiated after plugging in iphone via usb. Hope someone can help with that.

After the update I have ZLink v3.8.8 but it is not activated and it does not work for me. Maybe you could try to update ZLink to v4 https://xdaforums.com/t/zlink-app.4030365/

MIchabo

Jan 9, 2021
Hola, podrían ayudarme con una pantalla android carloaer la cual no tengo apoyo técnico, la compra la realice con salida de video, pero al llegar la pantalla no me reproduce video en las pantallas externas, según investigue, me debe aparecer un icono de Vout, el cual no me aparece. La pregunta seria, existe alguna forma de activar esta opción, el equipo me trajo el cable para la salida de video. Adjunto imagen de especificaciones del equipo.
20210108_164530[1].jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The same pass works for me
    xyauto

Worked for me once. Then never again :( always pop up login password incorrect in Chinese after entering 4 letter human verification.
    Hello, recently i bought an Tesla style Android unit for my LX470 2005 Model.

I wanted to know is there anyone who built custom firmware for this model. (YT5760B_00002_V001 and the MCU is AC8259 . I have contacted Sergey who does great firmware but he don't do for this model.

Please let me know if anyone using this model.

this is an xyauto firmware which we are all upgrading in this thread.

But you have 1.73.8 which is very recent. Probably not worth the risk of bricking anything during upgrade (Tesla style seems more troublesome with various xyauto mistakes) If still want to pursue upgrade, look at website link in my signature.
    How did you get android 13 update?
    it's not android 13. I checked using the AIDA, and found out that's Android 10.
    Hello everyone. I think I posted this in another thread that was not the right one.

I recently purchased a unit from Amazon (Seller is Hihkity Tech). Listing claims it is 4G 64GB and 8core, and Android 13. However, the Developer Options is password protected (tried lots of passwords) and the Android System Webview is disabled.

I can connect to WiFi, however webpages do not load, and cannot add an account to Google Play Store.

Certain apps have Internet access, so it seems the ROM is configured to limit things that would enable someone to see it is not really Android 13.

Rom title and hardware are in the pictures. Also showing a picture of Android System Webview disabled, which I suspect is preventing webpages from loading. Serial number is obviously fake, so not even sure if VF16 is correct. Also showing picture of default GUI if it helps to identify what is running.

Questions: Any idea on the type of HU? Which files are appropriate for this AC8257 with NXP6686? I am not worried about the radio working as I only listen to internet music.

google "VF16_00007_V001" found this thread

Post #22 reveals its a YT7250B with xyauto firmware. People on the thread got firmware from seller and posted it although flashing firmware posted in online threads can be dangerous without full knowledge. xyauto file server has YT7250B firmware posted

I bought and installed this stereo:

2K 4G 8-256 CAM version.

Unfortunately I have 3 problems in order of importance:
    1. The steering wheel controls do not work, nor do the panel controls of the original car (indicated that they could be retrieved)
    2. The car radio by removing the key only turns off after 2-3 minutes.
    3. Does not recognise the air conditioning controls.

My car is Opel Meriva B - 2013
    The canbass is connected correctly, clicking on the buttons does not detect any INPUT. I click on the buttons but it does not detect it. Ditto for the original car radio panel. I have also tried loading other canbus profiles suggested by the seller (who has now disappeared for 3 days, he doesn't answer me anymore)
    Do you have any suggestions (apart from returning the car radio).

View attachment 6079549

Read this thread
    i did it !!! i did it !!! my radio works!! to much people with this problem and i found the solution trying bored files from xygala, i was bored, i downloaded all the files in that drive 1 by 1.. seems it’s a driver for lg screens, i will edit this to make a tutorial, but i need help to do it, my english is not so good
    I have recorder a video with the YT5760B system upgrade. It takes about 5 minutes to complete. In the attached ZIP file you can find the video.
    Is it wiping user data as 1.73.3?

Just installed 1.73.6 on 5760B 1024*600, didn't wipe user data.

Actually, I forgot and left 1.73.3 (don't recall if it was 5/24 or 7/25 version) on the USB stick w/1.73.6 and 1.73.3 got installed which wiped my user data. But then I installed 1.73.6 over this without wiping user data.

Biggest change I notice is just the 2x boot up pop sound is gone. So maybe xyauto have more orderly sound hardware initialization now :)
    You might need to reinstall 1.73.7 to recover matching zlink version. Not sure anyone who knows how to extract apks still hang out on this thread.
    I managed to extract all the apks from 1.73.7.
    Strangely. I couldn't find zlink.apk.
    There is ZlinkActivationCode.apk, which is the only apk related to zlink.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Update!
    Finally found the zlink apk. it was inside the vendor.new.dat.br.
    I have uploaded zlink apk here, just in case someone needs it.
    I believe this is the zlink ver 3.9.27 comes from the 1.73.7 firmware.
    I haven't got chance to test it on my HU (now is midnight here in Australia), will do it tomorrow.
    Late Feb release of an xyauto UI is pretty good. Has maps (I use with google maps app with offline maps), radio, HU music player, a fixed app launch icon pane (left vertical) and a user changeable app launch icon pane (lower bottom) all on one screen.

Generally quite nice. google maps has voice input search, auto dark mode at night while navigating (none navigation mode unfortunately stays in day mode) map will be always north up while driving without navigation route.

Screenshot_20220429-113525.pngScreenshot_20220502-172333.pngScreenshot_20220502-212853.png

patch file link Note this seems to be for 1024x600 screen only. Didn't see it in other resolution folders.

Mode switching is a bit mysterious (I have a steering wheel button programmed to switch modes). In the old default UI, mode switch with switch between currently running apps. Seems to do nothing on this UI while being displayed.

This launcher provide everything I use so no need to fiddle with the HU much. Just power on the car and drive. The useful features are

- FM radio (wife listens to this and its her car)

- Maps always displayed and track your position smoothly (Seen other launchers with map. Position only update every second or so, very jerky display). Google maps fixed to north up unless navigating. Voice input destination via mic icon on google maps search bar. Maps always in bright color mode (quite bright at night but area is not entire screen) Navigation will auto change to dark mode at night.

- BT works if setup to auto pair. Incoming calls pops up on screen. Can voice command out going calls with iPhone easily. Just say "siri call xxx" with iPhone mic able to hear you. iPhone looks up your contact and dials while connecting to HU's BT for speaker/mic sound.

- Music player will play all music files in the system/USB stick.

- Color choices are nice. Colorful but background is dim for night time use. Only issue is google maps none navigation mode display stays bright. Other nav software might handle this better.

- Google maps generally likes portrait displays like a phone. This horizontal smaller window sometimes hide the next driving intersection change behind the green direction box on top. Not too big of a problem.

- Left column icons are not changeable. Bottom row is user changeable.