ACCA Wireless Charing for Pixel 5 Running Proton AOSP

Search This thread

mikage_kun

Feb 25, 2011
Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask about this, but here goes.

I LOVE the Pixel 5. The form factor to me just can't be beat, and I'm not eager for the day I'll have to swap to the 6, 7, or whatever comes next. That day recently came a bit closer than I would have liked.

My beloved pixel 5 finally got hit by the dreaded battery bloat. A local repair guy was able to save me, this time around, but it was a bit close for comfort.

It seems clear to me the battery issue was due to the fact I am home a lot more these days, and I leave my Pixel on the wireless charging stand all the time. It appears a safe way to minimize problems would be to turn on Adaptive Charging. However, proving nothing is ever easy or straightforward, that's not an option for me. I'm running kdrag0n's Proton AOSP rom, and as happy as I am with it, it doesn't currently support adaptive charging. Thankfully, I've rooted the device, and see Advanced Charging Controller is an option. The easiest way to use it seemed to be to install ACCA.

As best I can tell, it does work...but only with wired charging. From what I'm reading, there are settings I can change to, for example, limit charging wirelessly to only 80% maximum. Going into forums though, it appears the settings are device-specific. Since most Pixel 5 users are running the stock Android from Google, they don't need ACCA (Adaptive charging is already there), so I've painted myself into a niche here.

Certainly I'm not the only Pixel 5 user, wanting to limit WIRELESS charging, via a root solution because I'm running a modded OS that doesn't include it? 😅

Can anyone advise, short of having to flash stock firmware back on the phone?

Reactions: adeptustech

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask about this, but here goes.

I LOVE the Pixel 5. The form factor to me just can't be beat, and I'm not eager for the day I'll have to swap to the 6, 7, or whatever comes next. That day recently came a bit closer than I would have liked.

My beloved pixel 5 finally got hit by the dreaded battery bloat. A local repair guy was able to save me, this time around, but it was a bit close for comfort.

It seems clear to me the battery issue was due to the fact I am home a lot more these days, and I leave my Pixel on the wireless charging stand all the time. It appears a safe way to minimize problems would be to turn on Adaptive Charging. However, proving nothing is ever easy or straightforward, that's not an option for me. I'm running kdrag0n's Proton AOSP rom, and as happy as I am with it, it doesn't currently support adaptive charging. Thankfully, I've rooted the device, and see Advanced Charging Controller is an option. The easiest way to use it seemed to be to install ACCA.

As best I can tell, it does work...but only with wired charging. From what I'm reading, there are settings I can change to, for example, limit charging wirelessly to only 80% maximum. Going into forums though, it appears the settings are device-specific. Since most Pixel 5 users are running the stock Android from Google, they don't need ACCA (Adaptive charging is already there), so I've painted myself into a niche here.

Certainly I'm not the only Pixel 5 user, wanting to limit WIRELESS charging, via a root solution because I'm running a modded OS that doesn't include it? 😅

Can anyone advise, short of having to flash stock firmware back on the phone?