Accidentally wiped Internal Storage in TWRP... Any possible fix to get partitions or anything back?

Search This thread
Apr 4, 2021
I attempted to install LineageOS 17.1 on my Mi A1, but while wiping storage, I accidentally also clicked Internal Storage and wiped it too. Now, I tried to restore my backup but when I go to restart to turn on my Mi A1, it gets stuck in a boot loop. I also tried using XiaoMiFlash and the original ROM to get all the firmware settings to stock. Now, I tried also installing custom ROM again, LineageOS 17.1 but it also gets stuck in a boot loop. Is there anything else I can do?? I'm very frustrated... I hope my device isn't completely bricked. Any help is appreciated.

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
  • I attempted to install LineageOS 17.1 on my Mi A1, but while wiping storage, I accidentally also clicked Internal Storage and wiped it too. Now, I tried to restore my backup but when I go to restart to turn on my Mi A1, it gets stuck in a boot loop. I also tried using XiaoMiFlash and the original ROM to get all the firmware settings to stock. Now, I tried also installing custom ROM again, LineageOS 17.1 but it also gets stuck in a boot loop. Is there anything else I can do?? I'm very frustrated... I hope my device isn't completely bricked. Any help is appreciated.
    Welcome to XDA!
    Its not recommended to open more than 1 thread on same topic, please have a read of the forum rules and most importantly, enjoy your stay!

Apr 4, 2021
    It should be ok with mi flash tool
    I have already tried that, the only issue now is that the Custom ROM after installing (LineageOS 17.1) will not boot properly. Maybe this is because I skipped TWRP Recovery? Well, I don't know why but TWRP Recovery zip will not copy into phone storage. it is originally .img file, but the guide I'm following has .zip file so I converted into zip via Windows Explorer (file manager). But, it does not copy and when I use img to zip website converter iand it does copy, but it says "invalid zip file format" once flashing.

One thing I should note, the backup does work now. I had a typo when making the folder so it wouldn't work. Backup does work now, but something really stupid is happening. When I go to turn on screen lock, it will keep looping me into "which type do you want to choose, fingerprint + pin, password, pattern" after completing the process. If I don't choose fingerprint, it finishes but the screen lock isn't effective. Any help on this?

User699

Feb 28, 2021
    I have already tried that, the only issue now is that the Custom ROM after installing (LineageOS 17.1) will not boot properly. Maybe this is because I skipped TWRP Recovery? Well, I don't know why but TWRP Recovery zip will not copy into phone storage. it is originally .img file, but the guide I'm following has .zip file so I converted into zip via Windows Explorer (file manager). But, it does not copy and when I use img to zip website converter iand it does copy, but it says "invalid zip file format" once flashing.
    You cannot just convert that image file into a zip file like that.
    Where did you get that twrp file from?

If you want to install twrp, you need to flash the twrp.img file via fastboot, then sideload the twrp.zip via trwp.
    (maybe just flashing the img file works too, but I often read that you have to do both).