General AccuBattery - S22 Ultra battery statistics

Search This thread

rftsilva

Jul 21, 2012
São Paulo
Hello.

I installed Accubattery some days ago to check my S22 Ultra (snapdragon) performance.
Since a few updates ago, It is not even reaching 5h SOT with 22h total combined use.
Everything on my phone is stock. Nothing done about "optimiziation". It doesn't make any sense to buy a flagship and use it as an entry-level phone.

My settings are:
- Mostly on Wifi
- FHD+ with 50% brightness and adaptve refresh rate
- No bluetooth or NFC
- No AOD
- Most notifications allowed
- No battery saving mode

Mostly use it for browing, social media and youtube.
Camera app is a battery draining beast when used.

To my surprise, the app shows my phone is around 4400mA of battery, and discharging performance is as follows. Has anyone ever used it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220925-110651_AccuBattery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220925-110651_AccuBattery.jpg
    766.5 KB · Views: 260
  • Screenshot_20220925-110709_AccuBattery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220925-110709_AccuBattery.jpg
    455.4 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
All Samsung's should be optimized. 50% brightness is too high for indoor use; use manual brightness control and stay in the 30-40% range when possible. Cloud crap uses a lot of power in the background, Google backup Transport is a prime offender. 4G is more efficient for light bandwidth; make sure it's using 5G only for large data transfer bursts. If the download site is throttling data than 5G burning battery for nothing.

With 4400 mAh my N10+'s easily get 13 hours... and in actual usage they're only a fraction of second slower for most tasks.
I'm not pleased with Samsung today. No expandable storage makes you depended on cloud and/or external storage. A profound loss of balance and core functionality because of poor design. In part because Google scoped storage. I run on Pie and Q still. No 5G, variable refresh rate and the camera is less processor intensive.
That doesn't mean though that you can't improve your SOT dramatically.

This N10+ N975U/Pie I'm holding use to be a hot running hog, it's SOT was similar to yours... it sucked.
This is what it's doing today on a appropriately 3400 mAh derated battery that's nearing the end of its service life. A completely different animal and all modifications were done with a stock platform.
Screenshot_20220925-103532_AccuBattery.jpg

Until you put some serious effort into optimizing it you'll never know what it's full potential is...

Reactions: winoles

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
You've only use the app for 7 charges. It's not enough data. Come back in a month to see where your battery health stands !
The Google Android bucket concept is a mess. Leave it on for 2 months and it still sucks. The results will be vastly inferior to one that was hand optimized. Google Android isn't that smart.
Manipulate the bucket states as much you like and on a fast phone you'll notice nothing. I played with it for months. It may work on Pixels but Samsung's are a much different animal.

If you actually tone down a hog you'll notice it within a day or less. Its going to take more insight than just flipping on global power management though.

MRDOCA

Jun 7, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I also have a SD s22 ultra (908e). I was getting terrible battery life. Get adb control app for PC and debloat everything you don't use ( i used uninstall option) I went from a shocking 4.5-5.5 hours sot to a consistent everyday 8-9hrs sot also make sure you put all apps that you don't need notifications instantly for in deep sleep manually.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I also have a SD s22 ultra (908e). I was getting terrible battery life. Get adb control app for PC and debloat everything you don't use ( i used uninstall option) I went from a shocking 4.5-5.5 hours sot to a consistent everyday 8-9hrs sot also make sure you put all apps that you don't need notifications instantly for in deep sleep manually.
In individual app settings disabling background data and battery activity doesn't invoke global power management.

Close out apps when done with them as some apps like Brave will continue to run in the background and can use a considerable amount of battery over the course of a day. Camera is another one to watch.

Use Device Care>storage>clean now as needed. The older 360 degree version worked better but should be firewall blocked if used.
Clear system cache; in general reboots do nothing that can't be done with the system booted other than the former. Needless reboots waste power.

calinoi

Oct 14, 2011
Hey mate, may I ask which apps did you uninstall with ADB? I am worried to do stuff by my own because I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff, and I don't wanna end up with a brick instead of a smartphone. I would be really grateful if you would respond :) Thanks!

wazza1991

Aug 6, 2012
Also, it looks like you only had 7 sessions of charge and that too the phone wasn't charged to 100%. Charge it to 100% a few times and you will get a better estimate of your battery health. 4400mah seems too low.

maor23

Feb 19, 2014
do you have the list you debloated?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In individual app settings disabling background data and battery activity doesn't invoke global power management.

Close out apps when done with them as some apps like Brave will continue to run in the background and can use a considerable amount of battery over the course of a day. Camera is another one to watch.

Use Device Care>storage>clean now as needed. The older 360 degree version worked better but should be firewall blocked if used.
    Clear system cache; in general reboots do nothing that can't be done with the system booted other than the former. Needless reboots waste power.
    All Samsung's should be optimized. 50% brightness is too high for indoor use; use manual brightness control and stay in the 30-40% range when possible. Cloud crap uses a lot of power in the background, Google backup Transport is a prime offender. 4G is more efficient for light bandwidth; make sure it's using 5G only for large data transfer bursts. If the download site is throttling data than 5G burning battery for nothing.

With 4400 mAh my N10+'s easily get 13 hours... and in actual usage they're only a fraction of second slower for most tasks.
    I'm not pleased with Samsung today. No expandable storage makes you depended on cloud and/or external storage. A profound loss of balance and core functionality because of poor design. In part because Google scoped storage. I run on Pie and Q still. No 5G, variable refresh rate and the camera is less processor intensive.
    That doesn't mean though that you can't improve your SOT dramatically.

This N10+ N975U/Pie I'm holding use to be a hot running hog, it's SOT was similar to yours... it sucked.
    This is what it's doing today on a appropriately 3400 mAh derated battery that's nearing the end of its service life. A completely different animal and all modifications were done with a stock platform.
    Screenshot_20220925-103532_AccuBattery.jpg

Until you put some serious effort into optimizing it you'll never know what it's full potential is...
    You've only use the app for 7 charges. It's not enough data. Come back in a month to see where your battery health stands !
    Maybe 6ish hours on 5g with WQHD and Adaptive motion really aint that bad.