Acer Stock Firmware Files List (Full, Update and EUUs)

Search This thread

cesande

Nov 12, 2011
Feel like a noob on this one!

Sorry for the complete noob question but I have a A501 and trying to update it... ultimately to the OmniRom KK ..
I am trying to first update from 3.2 to ICS.
I downloaded this file
Acer_A501_4.066.29_COM_GEN1

Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 (LEAK)

[LEAK]Acer A501 ICS (COM_GEN1). Build number 041.126.01
Loaded to a fat32 formatted microSD (tried 8 and 16GB) .
Volume down + power gets me into what seems like the factory update but I get the android with the gears and then the android with the yellow Triangle and ! inside... and it just sits there.

1) is there any thing I am doing wrong to get ICS on this device.
2) is there a very detailed step by step anywhere to get this tablet rooted and get CWM loaded on it so that I can ultimately get OmniRom on it.
I have been reading threads and it seems I am somewhat going in circles.

I have 'some' experience with rooting rom loading etc as I have done so with my old Galaxy Sii and new Siv with no issues.

Any help or direction appreciated.

cbski9

Jul 31, 2012
Which firmware to use?

Guys, my mother just gave me her Acer A500 to fix. It appears to be "bricked". I get the dead android when booting into recovery. I get stuck at the android logo when booting normally, and I've even tried the factory reset via Power-VolDown-Unlock button. Needless to say, I can't get into it to determine what version is was on before; but I do know it was ICS (U.S. Region). Any suggestions on which firmware package to use to try and re-flash this thing?

HussainAkbar

Nov 23, 2006
Karachi
Bricked and need help

If I understand the first post correctly, the first part of the files are updates; those named xxx.COM_GEN and xxx.EMEA.GEN, though I don't see what WW & COM are. I assume EMEA is Europe-MiddleEast-Asia files. These files to be used for update of a working A500. Correct?

The EUU are full versions for use by bricked A500's. Correct?

My status: Bricked.

I tried the xxx.xxx.GEN files. The update goes to 20% and stops.

The EUU files with the assumption being should be updated with the CPUID/SBK, I downloaded and installed the A500 Manager from acerhacks.com. It had the option to open a web page to install the drivers. Did that.

Now. When plugging in and booting into APX mode, A500 Manager shows: "A500 detected in APX mode, download the drivers". My Win7's Device Manager shows an unknown USB device.

If I install the drivers, Windows Device Manager shows "A500 recovery mode device" BUT the A500 Manager says: "No device connected". removing the driver goes back to the previous state.

Have rebooted, reinstalled, cursed, prayed. What next?

snoking

Dec 25, 2013
A500 will not update from Acer Web Site

Given that Acer's updating is broken for the A500, does anyone have a link to the stock USA ICS release file and simple step by step instructions to update from 3.2.1? My brother gave me an A500 and did a factory reset before sending it to me, drats! I would like it to look/run like my A200 with ICS! Thanks Chris

snoking

Dec 25, 2013
Given that Acer's updating is broken for the A500, does anyone have a link to the stock USA ICS release file and simple step by step instructions to update from 3.2.1? My brother gave me an A500 and did a factory reset before sending it to me, drats! I would like it to look/run like my A200 with ICS! Thanks Chris

OK, progress!!! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

I downloaded the firmware here:

http://support.moulnisky.com/index.php?dir=Acer/A500/

You open the zip and install the update.zip file within the download on the external Fat32 SD card and boot that into recovery! Vol/Down - power on!

Android Verizon 4..0.3
Kernal 2.6.39.4+
Image verson Acer_AV041_A500RV06RC01_WW_CUS1
Build Number Acer_AV041_A500.1.041.00WW_CUS1

The A500 is now loading Chrome Browser and you can swipe apps away to kill them, Standard ICS stuff! Start screen is not the same as my A200.

Chris

Reactions: psycho4us4

tiunilohmu

Dec 27, 2006
Anyone can help?
I know it's pretty old.
After flashing the update.zip from here HC 3.2 using this,
Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3
[LEAK]Acer_AV041_A500_0.009.00_WW_GEN1
keyboard FC, navbar is missing, and setting apk is not there.
How can I get flash back HC 3.2 and try again.
I tried HC firmware, it has red triangle.
I even tried different firmware that has Gen1, some flash ok, but same result, some doesn't even flash.
please help if anyone know how, thanks

kibong27

Jun 11, 2013
Acer B1-720 boot loop

Hi All, after upgarding my firmware I stuck on boot logo of acer. How to fix it? I stumble in many websites and threads but i could not search any stock firmware for my device . Pls help.

Gepag

Jan 31, 2016
Hey everyone,

I just installed the Acer_A500_1.041.00_WW_CUS1 on my A500. Now its stuck showing me the ANDROID Logo (repeatedly flashing it). Unfortunately I am now stuck with this and nothing works anymore. I can't get into APX mode (When I try my A500 shows me the little Dead ANDROID Robot with the Exclamation Mark).

Can you help with this one?

Thanks!

Mark-Et

Apr 4, 2016
Anybody had a problem in a Acer A500 10inch tablet when you turn on the blue-tooth after trying to transfer files from another device it reboots once than desktop shows for a few seconds than reboots again than is stuck in boot loop were it gets to the point of ajusting screen brightness in bootup than split second black screen than android bootscreen restarting boot cycle???? I've left going for hours but still stuck in boot cycle, Left for months turned off then restarted but still goes to boot cycle . I've tried the system repair in power-volume button but still in boot cycle. I think the on board bluetooth has died in on position causing the boot cycle , Has anyone found a way around this without a complete system wipe & restoring firmware??? Or does anyone know what circuit board track to cut to stop power going to the bluetooth module (maybe this will allow the tablet to run again but without bluetooth??) I've tried to get files of the tablet by connecting to PC but the boot Loop prevents connection. Any help would be appreciated..

jake2307hockey

Jul 13, 2016
trying to upgrade my Acer Iconia A500

Hi I am looking to upgrade my Acer A 500 Build number _AV041_A500_1.031.00_WW_GEN1. Do you have the appropriate software?

Thanks,
Mark

MilkyPL

Sep 13, 2015
Olsztyn
Okay, device booted normally, but i still dont know how to install the ics package. A501

Sent from my HTC Desire 310 Exodus-build Symphony w130 using XDA Labs

MilkyPL

Sep 13, 2015
Olsztyn
Sorry for the complete noob question but I have a A501 and trying to update it... ultimately to the OmniRom KK ..
I am trying to first update from 3.2 to ICS.
I downloaded this file
Acer_A501_4.066.29_COM_GEN1

Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 (LEAK)

[LEAK]Acer A501 ICS (COM_GEN1). Build number 041.126.01
Loaded to a fat32 formatted microSD (tried 8 and 16GB) .
Volume down + power gets me into what seems like the factory update but I get the android with the gears and then the android with the yellow Triangle and ! inside... and it just sits there.

1) is there any thing I am doing wrong to get ICS on this device.
2) is there a very detailed step by step anywhere to get this tablet rooted and get CWM loaded on it so that I can ultimately get OmniRom on it.
I have been reading threads and it seems I am somewhat going in circles.

I have 'some' experience with rooting rom loading etc as I have done so with my old Galaxy Sii and new Siv with no issues.

Any help or direction appreciated.
Same here!

DRAFF

Feb 14, 2011
Hello, I actually have the Android 4.0.3 Acer_AV041_A500_RV03RC01WW_GEN1: is there any better version?

korinx23

Aug 30, 2016
Is there a stock rom for ACER LIQUID ZEST 3G (T06)model ? badly needed my phone got into bootloop

keke10501

Jun 9, 2017
Looking for file

Hi,
Anybody has the Acer_A501_1.309.02_COM_GEN1 file pleeeeease ???
I've done the EUUs a501 reset but I'm on the build 0.017.

Pattee88

Jan 28, 2016
Rom selection help please

Hi guys,

I know this is a terribly old thread but could use some help with how to work out which full rom to use for my device.

I underdtand that they are region based as mentioned above so need to know which one i should be using for an australian delivered a500 wifi only.

I have previously rooted the device which has now been removed but I am having issues with connecting to the acer update server so want to send it back to base stock rom as delivered and update from there.

jiafuli

Apr 3, 2020
Hi guys i have a acer iconia a500. The screen is in block to acer logo.i search de euu but in the site link i dead.can you help me?

Top Liked Posts