[ACS][CWM 3.0.25+]Rfs2Ext4 and Ext42Rfs **UPDATED 7/27

Search This thread

Zeinzu

Aug 18, 2010
Manchester
www.sdx-developers.com
For ext4 conversion don't you only need a kernel that supports ext4? I still to this day haven't converted. Also does anyone have a link for the zip to enable journaling?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

NipTuck170

Apr 3, 2008
Hey guys. i dont know if im blind or just retarded, but when i click on the link to download the zip for the rfs2ext4 file, i get redirected to a forum page on the syndicate site and i dont see the file anywhere. can someone point me in the right direction? thanks in advance.

NipTuck170

Apr 3, 2008
Thanks!...I'm having the same problem with the latest Syndicate Rom Frozen V1.2...Can you help me with that before I post in that thread?

mjolnir677

Sep 18, 2010
Richmond
Thanks!...I'm having the same problem with the latest Syndicate Rom Frozen V1.2...Can you help me with that before I post in that thread?

Sure

There's newer stuff out though, but back when I had my OG Epic, SRF1.2 was my daily driver.

Marcusant revival is pretty sweet, but my favorite color is red, lol. Runs great though on my buddies phone.

chillywings

Feb 26, 2009
Broken links

Link in the OP and other links I've found in this thread and through googling are broken. I managed to get the rfs2ext4.zip from RandomKing's mirror on the previous page, but I'm still looking for the other zip. Can anyone mirror this one as well?

Thanks in advance.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Reactions: chillywings

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE:

There was a big in CWM that caused the date to change a good portion of the time randomly to the next day, causing the script not to be able to find the backup, and in some cases not finish the backup. I have fixed that, also in EG22 odexed the /system partition is too full to do a proper conversion so now the script removes the following packages:

Code:
    package:/system/app/Launcher2.apk=com.android.launcher
    package:/system/app/KeyBoardSlideUpCounter.apk=com.samsung.KeyBoardSlideUpCounter
    package:/system/app/MediaHubV126.apk=com.sdgtl.mediahub.spr
    package:/system/app/SprintZone.apk=com.sprint.dsa
    package:/system/app/SprintTV.apk=com.mobitv.client.sprinttv
    package:/system/app/SprintTVWidget.apk=com.mobitv.sprint.tvwidget
    package:/system/app/FreeHDGameDemos.apk=com.gameloft.microwidget
    package:/system/app/TN6.2-sprint-handset-6201501.apk=com.telenav.app.android.sprint
    package:/system/app/amazonmp3.apk=com.amazon.mp3
    package:/system/app/qik-8.66-release-ffc.apk=com.qikffc.android
    package:/data/app/com.sprint.widget.tutorial-1.apk=com.sprint.widget.tutorial
    package:/system/app/Asphalt5_DEMO_SAMSUNG_D700_Sprint_ML_330.apk=com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftAsphalt5Demo.asphalt5
    package:/system/app/W_Installer.apk=com.sprint.w.installer
    package:/system/app/Brightness.apk=com.samsung.Brightness
    package:/system/app/Dlna.apk=com.sec.android.app.dlna
    package:/system/app/nascar09-prod-release.apk=com.handson.h2o.nascar09
    package:/system/app/BuddiesNow.apk=com.sec.android.widgetapp.buddiesnow

Is what the title implies.. if you are running rfs flash the rfs2ext4.zip, it does a nandroid backup, converts to ext4, restores nandroid, clears dalvik, tombstones, and lost+found... then fixes permissions.

Running ext4? Flash the other zip to goto rfs with the same procedure...

[ACS][CWM 3.0.25+]Rfs2Ext4 and Ext42Rfs
    Does anyone ahve a working Mirror? The download link at ACS is broken

RFS2EXT4

Just the one to convert to EXT4.
    Chris... You might want to change the script for the rfstoext4 and change it to say please flash a rom instead of please reboot... That might confuse people....
    Other than that it works great.. Nice job.
    How do we know if we're running ext4 or rfs??

I Odin'd the EG22 rom and checked reformat partition. Is this rfs? Because before the Odin version that included CWM purple 3.1.0.1., I had to install 3.1.0.1. from a zip and then the next time I three fingered, it converted to ext4 (right??). So what is my phone now?

And ALSO, is there some way to tell? For example, someone hands you a rooted epic 4g and doesn;t tell you what's installed, how can I tell which file system it is?

Open Terminal Emulator, type in "mount" (without quotes) and look for couple of line that says /dev/block/stl(9,10,11). Those are your /system /data and /cache partition. The third word on the line should say rfs or ext4. By default all stock ROM are RFS.

-- Starfox