[ACS][KERNEL][CWM Flashable] EH17Plus Rooted Ext4 Tweaked ***UPDATED 9/18/11***

Search This thread

bilestoad

Nov 10, 2010
DC
Plus Version of the EH17 Kernel, rooted, bootanimations, and with my kernel, memory, and VM tweaks... also ext4 capable.

Updated 9/6/11***
Fixed the reboot recovery problem..

http://www.forums.acsyndicate.net/s...xt4-Tweaked-Superuser.apk-Su-Busybox-Built-In

yee-ha! hating the random reboots, they destroy my ability to rely on my phone, grrr. Super-grassy-ass.:D

uhoh, i now realize the reboot recovery issue is a different one, but also one I bump into - 2 days ago in fact - so ALSO yee-ha. thanks for ALL of your work!

BigJPNut

Jan 21, 2011
yee-ha! hating the random reboots, they destroy my ability to rely on my phone, grrr. Super-grassy-ass.:D

uhoh, i now realize the reboot recovery issue is a different one, but also one I bump into - 2 days ago in fact - so ALSO yee-ha. thanks for ALL of your work!

Try an EC05 rom....you wont be disappopinted

chris41g

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2009
ok, so can someone tell me, from the version posted a few post back what exactly the problem was?? I may be confused and I want to get it right.. hopefully before anothe leak comes out haha

and BigJPNut can you pm me some Gtalk info, or irc or something to test these before I post them so I dont look like an idiot next time?

Gersonian

Sep 22, 2008
Washington, DC
I didn't flash the previous version. I skipped the middle and waited till the reports of bootloops stopped, but I can tell you that this version is fantastic. However, I am still trying to figure out how to get a bootanimation working. Can you, or anyone else, explaint o me how I can get one of these working on here? I would like to use either of the Epic 4g ones, and maybe give the E4GT a spin. I just cannot seem to figure it out, and I miss have a bootanimation.

Is it just a matter of dropping his bootanimation stuff into system/media?

bilestoad

Nov 10, 2010
DC
Chris41g, as you know I'm a fan...Would you consider adding some kind of verison numbers to your plus kernels? I know that would be helpful for me, anyway. Anyone? Bueller?

otsukafan

Feb 9, 2011
My personal opinion is that eh17 sux dead wombats so I don't see it being on the next leak or official. Whatever chris can do for us stuck here now is cool and greatly appreciated, but I'm not sure how much effort needs to be thrown at it. That's just me.

well normally they are one and done.. this one is different..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Fire n mage

Oct 13, 2010
newport news, VA
You're previous EH06+ kernel didn't stick on my olympus rom and now EH17+ doesn't stick on my Urban Vendetta rom, I am ext4 is that a problem?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

chris41g

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2009
it will always be that, thats the linux kernel version that gingebread kernels are based on...

greatlakesghost

Dec 20, 2010
Duluth MN
You're previous EH06+ kernel didn't stick on my olympus rom and now EH17+ doesn't stick on my Urban Vendetta rom, I am ext4 is that a problem?

Vedetta uses the eh17+ as its kernel. And typically the version doesnt change. You can download cpuspy or android system info from the market to see what kernel you have to verify.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Reactions: Fire n mage

iori

Jul 23, 2008
yes I want to have other custom boot animation too
is that still possible?

darkfire79

Dec 13, 2008
SU update

Is anyone else having trouble with SU trying to update? .. but then not sticking. (and rebooting shortly after it updates to 3.0)

Thank you

// I ended up returning to the regular EH17 deodexed kernel whic solved the issue. Unfortunantly now I can't get AOSP helper for JuiceDefender to install. [shrug]

Last edited:
the biggest issues i've had with eh17 is that its big rom at over 160mb
the system is completely bogged down for space
the first thing you want to do before installing this kernel is use a file explorer that can navigate to the system/app folder and delete as much bloat as possible otherwise superuser and busybox cant autoinstall with the plus kernel because there isn't any room left
you dont need rw to delete files from system
i use a program called sufbs (superuser file explorer)
if you know the exact names of the bloat files you can remove with terminal emulator
rm /system/app/bloat.apk

Last edited:

hoffman1984

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
Troy, NY
www.phux.org
Is anyone else having trouble with SU trying to update? .. but then not sticking. (and rebooting shortly after it updates to 3.0)

Thank you

// I ended up returning to the regular EH17 deodexed kernel whic solved the issue. Unfortunantly now I can't get AOSP helper for JuiceDefender to install. [shrug]

My guess is because the kerenel itself is rooted, that it's replacing any su updates... I'm trying to work this issue out in my ROM ATM. Don't have a functioning *nix box though =P

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Plus Version of the EH17 Kernel, rooted, bootanimations, and with my kernel, memory, and VM tweaks... also ext4 capable.

Also it has CWM Purple built-in so its ACS Updater Compatible, as well QuickBoot and ROM Manager..

creates a symlink from bootanimation.zip to sanim.zip, so no need to rename boot animations.

Updated 9/6/11***
    Added a few new tweaks...
    Fixed bootanimation symlink..
    changed the script to not overwrite SU/Superuser.apk or Busybox in case you want to upgrade
    Fixed the reboot recovery problem..

let me know what yall think..

thanks to qbking for testing

http://www.forums.acsyndicate.net/s...xt4-Tweaked-Superuser.apk-Su-Busybox-Built-In
    Ok tried another update, should be working fine, reverted some of the newer tweaks, I'll revisit them at a later date...
    and no it's not abandoned..

I have started a how to for people to start doing these themselves to hopefully spur some more development in this area..

as always.. same link..
    New version uploaded.. should fix the reboot recovery issue.. plus I am trying some new tweaks, let me know what you think.

also, I changed it (i think) not to overwrite SU or busybox or Superuser.apk if they already exist.. so you should be able to upgrade versions without the kernel ****ing it up
    This is probably one of those "noobie' questions but if I understand this correctly, I can wipe data/cache/delvic cache 3 times - flash the rfs2xt4 zip - flash the eh17 kernel - then flash the hurricane rom - all in CWM - is that correct?

No, but close. If you flash the rom over the kernal then you have stock kernal. Do your wipes, flash the rom, flash rfs2ext4 zip, RESTORE B4EXT4BACKUP THAT ZIP CREATES IN CWM, flash kernal, and reboot. Doneskis.
    I figured it out.. I forgot a symlink from recovery to busybox.. ill upload it tonight