[ACS] [MTD] [YAFFS2] MIUI 1.12.23 RC 0.5 (Updated 1/4/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
MIUI EPIC GINGERBREAD.

Finished_logo.png

VIDEO (SPECIAL THANKS TO QBKING77)

What is mtd?
Video by qbking77

Read this before you flash:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=20210479

Welcome to MIUI for the Epic 4G

Changelog:

911 Should work Now
New CM7 Kernel Included
Videos Should Work
Seems Smoother
New WiFi stack, so the reboots associated with WiFi should be gone and WiFi should be more Stable

Working
Data
WiFi
Videos
911 (Most Likely)
GPS
MMS Send
Almost Everything Else
MMS Receive

Not Working
4G :(

Mms fix (thanks omair2005 for the guide)

1. Freeze Stock SMS program 2. Download GoSMS 3. Go to settings and check the following: a. Send Settings -- Split Large Messages b. Important Tips -- Enable Go SMS run persistently and Stock SMS Uninstalled 4. Reboot for safe measure 5. Ensure Data is connecting and working --> MMS send/receive should work!

Theme FIX (If themes don't work, do this. If they do work already, dont)

Install Terminal Emulator from Market

Type this
Su
exec /system/etc/init.d/06defaulttheme

Downloads:

http://forums.acsyndicate.net/showthread.php?2412-ACS-MTD-YAFFS2-MIUI-1-12-2-mtd-beta-6
Screenshots:

rom-thederekjay-official-miuius-for-htc-mytouch-g-glacier-tmobile_-tiui_0.jpg

xiaomi-phone3-blog.png

Whoa my thanks post got deleted

Miui epic team: past and present: bxfxf, mike_77, asdfghjkl, ahmgsk, death259, marcusant, ksmullins88, and me.

Miui.us, chinese miui team, miui android- making the rom for me to port

Epic cm7 team- you guys are awesome, made the files that I just copy and paste in, made an incredible rom

Rodderik, mkasick, decad3nce, noobnl, drockstar, every epic dev

Dfgas, jt1134, jamezelle, atoore

You testers
Samsung
Sprint

Last edited:

greatlakesghost

Dec 20, 2010
Duluth MN

Ok this one booted. Kinda similar to the 1.8 that booted. Screen flickers and is laggy, especially on home screen but i found if you switch wallpapers it helped both. Still no cell, wifi or gps but also in about phone its not showing a modem. So..... maybe the issue. No camera. Same issue with sd card, sees it but cant see pics or etc. Hardware keys are mapped right for the most part, camera button does nothing. Soft keys work buthome is menu, menu is nothing and search is screen lock.
@ ||acer||, not able to take screenies with phone, will try tomorrow or this weekend when i will be on my laptop.
Also would be great to get someone else to try this and the other booting one just to verify what i am seeing. Great job guys! Getting closer:)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
New build, same link. If you downloaded before this post, dl again and test. Changed a lot of visual files, so if it boots, it may fix flicker. May not boot though.

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
Testing, this and deano build. Anymore that I can throw on my sd card real quick?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
not yet from me for miui, but I do have a Sense 3.5 build in that thread if you're interested. Thanks for all the testing you do by the way. That's to all of you.

sryans2004

Dec 2, 2009
Finally 4G, Pennsylvania
not yet from me for miui, but I do have a Sense 3.5 build in that thread if you're interested. Thanks for all the testing you do by the way. That's to all of you.

Your build I got the black screen after Samsung logo.
Deano's build I got stuck on Samsung logo.

Did anybody happen to try to do what atoore said in the old MIUI thread?

Like I said in my previous posts, the gralloc libs might be causing the flicker issue. Afaik it doesn't matter how many garroloc.*.so you got inside the lib/hw folder as long it points to YOUR device's correct platform name inside the build.prop. For examples

gralloc.s5pc110.so is for the galaxy s 4g
gralloc.leo.so is for the HTC hd2
gralloc.goldfish.so is not for your device afaik.

You will need to find your device platform name and edit the build.prop with the correct name.

You guys mentioned that cm7 doesn't have the flickers right? Well I suggest that you use the gralloc.****.so from the working cm7 build and see what happeneds.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI EPIC GINGERBREAD.

Finished_logo.png

VIDEO (SPECIAL THANKS TO QBKING77)

What is mtd?
    Video by qbking77

Read this before you flash:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=20210479

Welcome to MIUI for the Epic 4G

Changelog:

911 Should work Now
    New CM7 Kernel Included
    Videos Should Work
    Seems Smoother
    New WiFi stack, so the reboots associated with WiFi should be gone and WiFi should be more Stable

Working
    Data
    WiFi
    Videos
    911 (Most Likely)
    GPS
    MMS Send
    Almost Everything Else
    MMS Receive

Not Working
    4G :(

Mms fix (thanks omair2005 for the guide)

1. Freeze Stock SMS program 2. Download GoSMS 3. Go to settings and check the following: a. Send Settings -- Split Large Messages b. Important Tips -- Enable Go SMS run persistently and Stock SMS Uninstalled 4. Reboot for safe measure 5. Ensure Data is connecting and working --> MMS send/receive should work!

Theme FIX (If themes don't work, do this. If they do work already, dont)

Install Terminal Emulator from Market

Type this
    Su
    exec /system/etc/init.d/06defaulttheme

Downloads:

http://forums.acsyndicate.net/showthread.php?2412-ACS-MTD-YAFFS2-MIUI-1-12-2-mtd-beta-6
    Screenshots:

rom-thederekjay-official-miuius-for-htc-mytouch-g-glacier-tmobile_-tiui_0.jpg

xiaomi-phone3-blog.png

Whoa my thanks post got deleted

Miui epic team: past and present: bxfxf, mike_77, asdfghjkl, ahmgsk, death259, marcusant, ksmullins88, and me.

Miui.us, chinese miui team, miui android- making the rom for me to port

Epic cm7 team- you guys are awesome, made the files that I just copy and paste in, made an incredible rom

Rodderik, mkasick, decad3nce, noobnl, drockstar, every epic dev

Dfgas, jt1134, jamezelle, atoore

You testers
    Samsung
    Sprint
    Mine 10char
    I might have a build up tonight but I'm going to decompile every jar fle in the framewor folder and soo what I can change in there so that may take while...
    MIUI_EPIC_1021_V2 :http://minus.com/mXWtojTpt

changelog:
    ram leak.
    wifi connecting(just connects more quickly,still not very stable).
    remove "sync" on statusbar
    Huge ram leaks on this. Either that or I'm leaving stuff running. Took it off the charger at 6am. Its 9:30 and I'm at 3 percent.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

ram leak is caused by compcache,next build will fix this.
    I wonder how the newest nsg miui is? maybe it fixes some of our issues.. 1.11.18?

I'm working on putting together a GUI MIUI builder. Using the instructions that bxfxf posted, I'm essentially making a program that automates those. Then, with any new version it will be a lot easier to churn out an update. Then perhaps we can get instant turn around as far as once a new MIUI.US release is done we can get it. Hopefully I will be able to finish it this weekend. I started last night, but didn't have a lot of time.