[ACS] [MTD] [YAFFS2] MIUI 1.12.23 RC 0.5 (Updated 1/4/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

omair2005

Jul 26, 2007
I have a vvm back up from a previous rom (cleangb). Do I need to restore it before installing this apk, or is the vvm app included?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

No just install this like regular Apk.. Don't need to restore. This version is better too..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

diablo311

Dec 22, 2011
mission viejo
Oky one thing that bugs me in the op or its just me
From not working the led notification is gone there is only 4g not working.
But for me led notification doesn't work either or so idk what's with the change up?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

HumanXv2

Nov 23, 2011
Longview,TX
Everything works great. Good speed, smooth operation, themes rock. 4G isn't a big deal as sprints 3G here leaves a lot to be desired. My LEDs don't work either but I could care less. Tethering works which I need to do homework here at work, and I figured out extended settings and screenshots. Great job guys

Sent from my MIUI'd Epic using xda premium

Salent

Sep 5, 2010
Everything works great. Good speed, smooth operation, themes rock. 4G isn't a big deal as sprints 3G here leaves a lot to be desired. My LEDs don't work either but I could care less. Tethering works which I need to do homework here at work, and I figured out extended settings and screenshots. Great job guys

How did you get extended settings to work?

HumanXv2

Nov 23, 2011
Longview,TX
Went to miui.us forums to the mods forums and there's a thread about it. Go to the download links and select version 1.12.16 and get the flashable zip with or without overscrolling. Power down and go into recovery to flash it and you might have to mount/system to get it to install. For some reason the app drawer doesn't work, but I'm not concerned enough to find out why.

HumanXv2

Nov 23, 2011
Longview,TX
Might wanna reflash the rom without wiping if you flashed a different version of the ES.

iatedeadpeople

Mar 4, 2011
Oakley

Native Screenshots? If so, how?

HumanXv2

Nov 23, 2011
Longview,TX
I hadn't heard either way but I'm having trouble finding them. I'm going to look into it tonight since I don't have anything better to do. I got a shootme apk but it keeps telling me I don't have root and some ****e about lower level graphics.

Sent from my desk using xda premium

Death259

Nov 15, 2010
Latest Build:
http://instabrick.me/marcusant/MIUI/MIUI_1.12.23_RC0.5.zip

Things that I can confirm work in this build:
  • Hardware Keyboard
  • SMS <= 160 chars (I'm having issues with texts over 160 chars, but YMMV)
  • Voice Calls
  • Wifi (Stable)
  • LED Indicator for Full Charge/Emails/Texts
  • Theme Manager
  • Data
  • Headphone Jack
  • Signal Strength Indicator
  • MMS (pictures, etc.)
  • Camera (Still Photos and Video Recording)
  • GPS
  • Torch
  • Hardware Video Decoding (Youtube, etc.)

Things that I can confirm don't work in this build:
  • 4G - Wimax
  • Screenshots

If something is missing let me know, I like to compile a list of what does and doesn't work with each big release so that everyone will clearly know what to expect.

Thank you all developers who help make this possible. Including, but not limited to CM7 Team, Marcusant and Xboxfanj.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI EPIC GINGERBREAD.

Finished_logo.png

VIDEO (SPECIAL THANKS TO QBKING77)

What is mtd?
    Video by qbking77

Read this before you flash:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20210479

Welcome to MIUI for the Epic 4G

Changelog:

911 Should work Now
    New CM7 Kernel Included
    Videos Should Work
    Seems Smoother
    New WiFi stack, so the reboots associated with WiFi should be gone and WiFi should be more Stable

Working
    Data
    WiFi
    Videos
    911 (Most Likely)
    GPS
    MMS Send
    Almost Everything Else
    MMS Receive

Not Working
    4G :(

Mms fix (thanks omair2005 for the guide)

1. Freeze Stock SMS program 2. Download GoSMS 3. Go to settings and check the following: a. Send Settings -- Split Large Messages b. Important Tips -- Enable Go SMS run persistently and Stock SMS Uninstalled 4. Reboot for safe measure 5. Ensure Data is connecting and working --> MMS send/receive should work!

Theme FIX (If themes don't work, do this. If they do work already, dont)

Install Terminal Emulator from Market

Type this
    Su
    exec /system/etc/init.d/06defaulttheme

Downloads:

http://forums.acsyndicate.net/showthread.php?2412-ACS-MTD-YAFFS2-MIUI-1-12-2-mtd-beta-6
    Screenshots:

rom-thederekjay-official-miuius-for-htc-mytouch-g-glacier-tmobile_-tiui_0.jpg

xiaomi-phone3-blog.png

Whoa my thanks post got deleted

Miui epic team: past and present: bxfxf, mike_77, asdfghjkl, ahmgsk, death259, marcusant, ksmullins88, and me.

Miui.us, chinese miui team, miui android- making the rom for me to port

Epic cm7 team- you guys are awesome, made the files that I just copy and paste in, made an incredible rom

Rodderik, mkasick, decad3nce, noobnl, drockstar, every epic dev

Dfgas, jt1134, jamezelle, atoore

You testers
    Samsung
    Sprint
    Mine 10char
    I might have a build up tonight but I'm going to decompile every jar fle in the framewor folder and soo what I can change in there so that may take while...
    MIUI_EPIC_1021_V2 :http://minus.com/mXWtojTpt

changelog:
    ram leak.
    wifi connecting(just connects more quickly,still not very stable).
    remove "sync" on statusbar
    Huge ram leaks on this. Either that or I'm leaving stuff running. Took it off the charger at 6am. Its 9:30 and I'm at 3 percent.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

ram leak is caused by compcache,next build will fix this.
    I wonder how the newest nsg miui is? maybe it fixes some of our issues.. 1.11.18?

I'm working on putting together a GUI MIUI builder. Using the instructions that bxfxf posted, I'm essentially making a program that automates those. Then, with any new version it will be a lot easier to churn out an update. Then perhaps we can get instant turn around as far as once a new MIUI.US release is done we can get it. Hopefully I will be able to finish it this weekend. I started last night, but didn't have a lot of time.