ACT now for bootloader unlock | Official Whatsapp and Telegram groups Realme1

Search This thread

dastan4eva

Jul 28, 2014
Hello folks,

So i've recently bought realmeone recently primarily due to its hardware. Am not a big fan of color os tbh and in my limited research found some stuff from the internet

First, the bad bit :
  • Realme1's twin brother oppo F7 still has no way of unlocking bootloader.
  • Oppo seems to have disabled (deleted?) fastboot binaries.
  • Expecting GPL compliance from mediatek SOC is asking a bit too much.

Now the good bit :

Realme1 is project treble ready.
  • We've had examples treble doing wonders for even obscure mediatek devices like this one.

Root and twrp and custom roms are only possible once we have a working way to unlock the phone. And with the issues like messed up multi tasking atleast on the 3gb variant (which i have by the way) it becomes all the more important to have a good custom rom scene to fall back to if color os becomes too unbearable.

I'd assume anyone whose come looking for realmone here on xda, like me, would want to see some dev support for this awesome device. So I am hoping all you folks would take some time and mail oppo at [email protected] asking to make the device's boot loader unlockable.

For those of us who are laziest here's a draft that you can copy paste but i urge people who have time to make their own mail body so that every mail wont look same
Dear oppo,
First of all, as a user of realmeone, thanks for this great value for money smartphone. Many of us power users in the realmeone community would love to have the option to unlock the boot loader so as to be able to root the device. Rooting is essential to some of us who've been used to some nifty root tools like system wide ad blocker etc. We hope oppo will help us exploit full potential of its hardware by allowing boot loader unlock at the earliest.
Thanks

We've also have whatsapp and telegram group for realme1 running to better co ordinate these things and help each other out, find links below:

PS : If anyone knows any other mail id to contact them, feel free to point out I'll add that too here.

Last edited:

Forever Alone

Jun 22, 2012
We can backup and flash images using miracle box. I mean I haven't personally tried because I don't have miracle box but have seen in the forums that ppl are backing up invidiual images n flashing the firmware back into the device.
I don't know how miracle box works but if some genius can help us then maybe we can make some easy fastboot/sp Tools based tools to flash images..

I'm talking about Oppo f7..

1manshow

Jun 28, 2009
Done, email sent! Though I've just ordered my phone and yet to receive it. :laugh:

Sorry but had to cancel the order due to stubborn policy of Oppo not allowing bootloader unlock and fastboot binaries. There won't be any development for this phone despite being such a good phone. Heck, I need root for few of my favorite apps and thus can't miss them due to this stupid policy by OEM. No thanks, will wait for Mi A2 or buy Asus zenfone max pro

AVinaSh_S

Nov 30, 2017
Sorry but had to cancel the order due to stubborn policy of Oppo not allowing bootloader unlock and fastboot binaries. There won't be any development for this phone despite being such a good phone. Heck, I need root for few of my favorite apps and thus can't miss them due to this stupid policy by OEM. No thanks, will wait for Mi A2 or buy Asus zenfone max pro

Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 having Resurrection Remix OFFICIAL already :)

Daruwalla

Jun 15, 2011
Zambia
Finally Amazon agreed to take away the phone. Today the guy took the phone back and hopefully the refund will be processed soon. Screw you OPPO for your ****ty policies. I shouldn't have bought your phone at first place. No bootloader unlock=go to hell.

Now, search for another phone begins.

apat26

Aug 18, 2016
India
Finally Amazon agreed to take away the phone. Today the guy took the phone back and hopefully the refund will be processed soon. Screw you OPPO for your ****ty policies. I shouldn't have bought your phone at first place. No bootloader unlock=go to hell.

Now, search for another phone begins.

On what ground did you returned the phone to Amazon? I am planning to return. Just wanted to confirm......:)

Daruwalla

Jun 15, 2011
Zambia
On what ground did you returned the phone to Amazon? I am planning to return. Just wanted to confirm......:)

I just chatted with cc and told him the phone has ram management issues and ask him to check the reviews, everyone is complaining about it. He asked if I need a replacement or return, I politely told him to refund/return, he processed the return request.

This is the first time I ever returned something to Amazon so may be that's why the cc agreed easily. Your mileage will vary. Good luck.

Reactions: apat26

apat26

Aug 18, 2016
India
I just chatted with cc and told him the phone has ram management issues and ask him to check the reviews, everyone is complaining about it. He asked if I need a replacement or return, I politely told him to refund/return, he processed the return request.

This is the first time I ever returned something to Amazon so may be that's why the cc agreed easily. Your mileage will vary. Good luck.

Thanks dear. Even I will be doing so for the first time.
Lets see.

sankarsravz

Dec 7, 2017
VIJAYAWADA
Dear Sravan,

We are glad to see your interest towards RealMe 1 and deeply regret the inconvenience caused.

As per your inquiry regarding Rooting of the device, we would like to bring to your notice that we have taken your feedback and shared the same with the relevant team so that they can look into your suggestions.

In case of any further suggestion/inquiry, you can also contact us by calling on our toll-free number 1800-102-2777 from Monday to Sunday, 0900 AM to 0700 PM or you can also reply back to us on the same email.

Regards,
Palak
RealMe Mobiles

Reactions: Sree_988711

deepakgaba14

Oct 16, 2015
Dear Sravan,

We are glad to see your interest towards RealMe 1 and deeply regret the inconvenience caused.

As per your inquiry regarding Rooting of the device, we would like to bring to your notice that we have taken your feedback and shared the same with the relevant team so that they can look into your suggestions.

In case of any further suggestion/inquiry, you can also contact us by calling on our toll-free number 1800-102-2777 from Monday to Sunday, 0900 AM to 0700 PM or you can also reply back to us on the same email.

Regards,
Palak
RealMe Mobiles

Hi Palak,

Please count my vote in for unlocking bootloader. I'm sure the realme line up will enjoy more popularity if this happens.

nisanthu

Oct 30, 2015
Mail got replay

Their response shown below

"We understand that you want to give root access to the device and we apologize for the inconvenience caused. As per the policy, it is not suggestible to root the device. However, if you want to root the device, you can root it using any third party boot-loader on your risk. We won't be able to assist you with any information regarding the rooting of device."

VK84663

Jun 20, 2016
Their response shown below

"We understand that you want to give root access to the device and we apologize for the inconvenience caused. As per the policy, it is not suggestible to root the device. However, if you want to root the device, you can root it using any third party boot-loader on your risk. We won't be able to assist you with any information regarding the rooting of device."
Which means root is possible;)
Third party boot-loader:confused:

Sent from my MotoG3 using XDA Labs

Celesteela

Feb 5, 2018
What third party are they even talking about? The bootloader has to be unlockable to do anything, unless they find some exploits.
Has anyone tried the oem fastboot unlock command?

Avneett

Jun 18, 2018
A Request to RealMe Officials

Hi, The RealMe Team
This device really has got the attention of the people with it's specifications, just like how Xiaomi redmi phones did but unfortunately this Locked Bootloader thing is really making me feel as if i am using an Apple, please let the people enjoy their freedom of using an Android. Perhaps in return company will gain more customers.
Thank You.
Regards
Avneet

helblazer

Apr 1, 2017
Hyderabad
Has anyone tried the Kingoroot app on the phone? I know MediaTek phones can be difficult to root but I was able to root MTK6737 devices with Kingoroot. It does not unlock the bootloader or anything but it gives you root privileges.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello folks,

So i've recently bought realmeone recently primarily due to its hardware. Am not a big fan of color os tbh and in my limited research found some stuff from the internet

First, the bad bit :
    • Realme1's twin brother oppo F7 still has no way of unlocking bootloader.
    • Oppo seems to have disabled (deleted?) fastboot binaries.
    • Expecting GPL compliance from mediatek SOC is asking a bit too much.

Now the good bit :

Realme1 is project treble ready.
    • We've had examples treble doing wonders for even obscure mediatek devices like this one.

Root and twrp and custom roms are only possible once we have a working way to unlock the phone. And with the issues like messed up multi tasking atleast on the 3gb variant (which i have by the way) it becomes all the more important to have a good custom rom scene to fall back to if color os becomes too unbearable.

I'd assume anyone whose come looking for realmone here on xda, like me, would want to see some dev support for this awesome device. So I am hoping all you folks would take some time and mail oppo at [email protected] asking to make the device's boot loader unlockable.

For those of us who are laziest here's a draft that you can copy paste but i urge people who have time to make their own mail body so that every mail wont look same
    Dear oppo,
    First of all, as a user of realmeone, thanks for this great value for money smartphone. Many of us power users in the realmeone community would love to have the option to unlock the boot loader so as to be able to root the device. Rooting is essential to some of us who've been used to some nifty root tools like system wide ad blocker etc. We hope oppo will help us exploit full potential of its hardware by allowing boot loader unlock at the earliest.
    Thanks

We've also have whatsapp and telegram group for realme1 running to better co ordinate these things and help each other out, find links below:

PS : If anyone knows any other mail id to contact them, feel free to point out I'll add that too here.
    I've already mailed and got response that there's no way I can unlock bootloader and they also told me that it voids warranty and crap so they don't provide that. Regarding kernel sources, they simply ignored it.

I'm going to return the phone back to Amazon. No wonder why XDA opened a forum for OPPO phones which is not developer friendly.
    BOOTLOADER UNLOCK CONFIRMED FOR REALME 1 and REALME 2 PRO

also kernel sources will be released by Jan 15 2019. Please refer to #AskMadhav video for more information. Time for some development guys :D
    I was saving my cash just to buy Realme 1. I know from before Oppo and Vivo devices dont release their kernal sources,hence it is impossible to root..yet i came here ,checked the forums for Realme 1. Got my Answer. Changed my mind. Going for another phone, Hell no am not buying if i cant unlock bootloader and root it. Sniff my stinky A** Oppo Vivo cunning Bast****
    Done, email sent! Though I've just ordered my phone and yet to receive it. :laugh:

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone