How To Guide Activate 5G on non-5G Country

Search This thread

pakin1

Sep 6, 2010
Orange and T-Mobile Poland doesn't work with 5G.

I'm 100% sure I have 5G plan because everything is working just fine with iphone 12 pro max.

VoLTE and VoWiFi working

luke1018

Nov 25, 2021
Chengdu,China
Orange and T-Mobile Poland doesn't work with 5G.

I'm 100% sure I have 5G plan because everything is working just fine with iphone 12 pro max.

VoLTE and VoWiFi working
you'd better try opening zygisk and install safetynet fix and lsposed module.
and you may see the 5g type on your iphone, then choose proper na setting in signal guru

pakin1

Sep 6, 2010
you'd better try opening zygisk and install safetynet fix and lsposed module.
and you may see the 5g type on your iphone, then choose proper na setting in signal guru
Not sure why I should install safetynet fix and lsposed?
I have nacisk with root.
I granted root access to signal guru.

Edit:
Tried all options in signal guru forcing Control menu.
Still no 5G.
Tried with Orange Poland card.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220701-173852.png
    Screenshot_20220701-173852.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

fuadhdmini

Oct 16, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 10
Google Pixel 5
installed hentai OS, and update its inncremental update, you should get volte, vowifi and 5G out of the box. No need root nor NSG.

And it also has custom avb key, flashed it and then you can safely relock your bootloader.

Reactions: spinoza23

124leon124

Aug 30, 2018
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Looks like 5G doesn't work with Eir carrier in Ireland. I have only 5G fake signal. VoLTE works but no 5G speed. Network Cell Info shows LTE when Pixel shows 5G. Speed is LTE speed. Or maybe I did something wrong.

Last edited:

fuadhdmini

Oct 16, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 10
Google Pixel 5
installed hentai OS, and update its inncremental update, you should get volte, vowifi and 5G out of the box. No need root nor NSG.

And it also has custom avb key, flashed it and then you can safely relock your bootloader.
But unfortunately latest build has issues with streaming app such as Netflix and Disney Hotstar, already highlighted this to the ROM dev, he's looking into the matter.

Current solution is to use a custom kernel.

Whoever interested in trying Hentai OS, please join the telegram group of the HOS https://t.me/hentaiOSRaviole

fuadhdmini

Oct 16, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 10
Google Pixel 5
It works with all operators in China etc . CMCC/CU/CT
Someone successfully call with VoNR (test with some cities in China )

option 2 is SA mode ,other is NSA mode
option 3 ( 3a / 3x ) = NSA in most countries , access to EPC( LTE Network )
option 7 = option3 + 5GC ( 5G Core Network )
option 4 = option2 + LTE with 5G Core Network

cuz many location stop using NSA mode , so i was select option2 only

View attachment 5640031

View attachment 5640031

Is it possible to use signal guru to activate NSA mode? Maybe other combination?
See here. The instructions from this OP actually activate both SA + NSA.

luke1018

Nov 25, 2021
Chengdu,China
Not sure why I should install safetynet fix and lsposed?
I have nacisk with root.
I granted root access to signal guru.

Edit:
Tried all options in signal guru forcing Control menu.
Still no 5G.
Tried with Orange Poland card.
i am not sure either, however i did't have 5g signal first, i tried installing these modules then 5g is ok. so you may try.

Griffinx

Dec 29, 2010
This worked perfectly for me on a Pixel 6 on the eir network in Ireland but unfortunately my banking apps no longer work :sneaky:

Last edited:

Nightf0x_007

Nov 5, 2012
I have something strange here when i enable volte the signal drops and i cant change data to lte, to change from 5g to lte i must disable volte and the signal improves and becomes full

124leon124

Aug 30, 2018
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Non stand alone 5G, it pairs with 4G. The other 5G mode is SA ( stand alone). Do you what is the case with your carrier 5G, meaning are they really having NSA 5G or SA?

This worked perfectly for me on a Pixel 6 on the eir network in Ireland but unfortunately my banking apps no longer work :sneaky:
Which bank? I can check it. KBC works perfect Maybe you installed wrong module in Magisk
Could you tell what average speed do you have?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to force Google to open this? It's a European market, should be open for every European country!
    I'm all in favor of that. But force? No. We cannot force Google to do anything. :)) Convince...maybe.
    What we all can do (and I already did it) is submit feedback from Settings > About > Send feedback about this device. That's what we can do. To show that we really want and need those features. Other than that... I'm not sure there's much we, as inidividual users, can do.

It's still unclear to me what's going on with these services in Europe. It doesn't seem to be carrier's fault.
    Because:
    1. This happens with all the carriers
    2. The services work perfectly fine with the same SIM on other phones.

Also, the Android OS itself (AOSP), for as far as I know, does have the necessary settings to run those services successfully. But the Pixel version does not. So...it looks like it's on Google's side. Why they refuse to just open this for all the carriers in AOSP I don't understand.

Also, another probably stupid question, but, if the problem is adding some lines into build.prop, wouldn't it be possible to build a semi-custom build of Android from official sources with those settings built in? This way, you wouldn't need root anymore. And it would only be a question of relocking the bootloader to have full functionality restored for payments and such.
    So...would you be able to relock the bootloader after that? I'm guessing the answer to that last part would be no. But any idea why...? I mean, it's pretty much stock, just with a bit of tweaking. Has anyone tried that before?
    Pixel 6 can be used or not ?

Or it can only be used for Pixel 6 Pro
    The approaches OP provided at least work for my Pixel 6 with Android 12
    This method stopped working for me too. It worked after I upgraded to Android 13 - August, but after I flashed the recommended bootloader in slot "B" as inactive since my active was slot "A" to avoid bricking the device, the method stopped working.
    Hey, this tuto is working for several user to activate 5G on unsupported 5G country by Google.

You need : Rooted phone, 5G Plan, 5G Coverage.

STEP 1 : Install the module on magisk to activate VOLTE and reboot.
    STEP 2 : Install Network Signal Guru on the Play Store.
    STEP 3 : Click on the 3 dots, Forcing control, select your sim card.
    STEP 4 : Click on NR SETTING, and select on Opt2(0x10) and Opt3(0x01) on the ENDC menu.
    STEP 5 : Restart the phone, if you are on 5G coverage, it should be working for you.

If your carrier doesn't allow you to select 5G preferred network on settings, you might have to select "NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA" under Preferred network on the hidden *#*#4636#*#*

Of course, you do it on your own risk.

Thanks to Evan for finding it.

Actually worked on Hungary, Romania, UAE, Philippines, China, Thailand, Hong Kong...
    Worked on A12 and A13 Beta.

5G.jpg
    It's beyond stupid that this brand new and undocumented menu was the key. I had previously played around with it and figured it was dangerous since it was difficult to revert.

As a note, T-Mobile US ENDC defaults to 0x11, using both 0x10 and 0x1.

Won't users also have to set NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA in the hidden *#*#4636#*#* menu if their carrier doesn't allow preferred 5G in network settings?
    Thanks finally 5g on P6. Working great in Greece Vodafone. For those volte vowifi not working, make sure you have already enabled it via your carrier. If you have never done it either search online for a simple sms text enable service for your operator or just call them and ask to enable it but tell them you have an iPhone or Samsung instead. Some operators let you enable it from their app In my country the same had to be done for 5g when 5g was first introduced in Greece. Also not that it makes any difference but just in case anyone is wondering i have an esim. So it works great for esim as well.
    Can confirm 5G works on A1 Bulgaria. Reached 800Mbps indoors. VoLTE doesn't work though. When the call starts, the networks drops to H+. But this is an issue with my carrier. They are terrible, only support flagship Samsungs and iphones.