How To Guide Activate 5G on non-5G Country

Search This thread

124leon124

Aug 30, 2018
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Non stand alone 5G, it pairs with 4G. The other 5G mode is SA ( stand alone). Do you what is the case with your carrier 5G, meaning are they really having NSA 5G or SA?
I don't know what they have NSA or SA. But today I had 200Mbps with 5G mark. Network Cell Info shows LTE. But my friend with Samsung s21+ had this same. Also he's speed was only 160Mbps. Maybe 5G works. I will test more to be sure 5G works correctly.

MikaHakkinen

Jan 14, 2011
Here are my findings. Pixel 6 Pro, Bahrain, STC. The module enables 5G, VoLTE and WiFi calling.

1. 5G - working, partially. Only connects to 5G in NSA mode while using LTE band 48. DL/UL speeds - highest I have seen are 674 and 62 respectively. If I am on an LTE band other than 48, such as bands 1, 3, 20 - I get that fake 5G icon, but if I go into Testing menu I can see that the network type is LTE, NR is available, but not connected. Not sure why. Want to test it with my Samsung S21+, if I recall correctly, 5G was available on all LTE bands? Not sure.

2. VoLTE - works, shows up as "HD calling", data works during a call.

3. WiFi calling - does not work, even though the module does enable the option. My carrier does support it and it is working on my S21+.

Last edited:

Griffinx

Dec 29, 2010
Which bank? I can check it. KBC works perfect Maybe you installed wrong module in Magisk
Could you tell what average speed do you have?
AIB & BOI & Google Pay didnt work. I was getting a 5G download speed 90Mbps but I've gone back to stock now.

Can you explain what you mean by Maybe you installed wrong module in Magisk. I just followed the steps in the 1st message in this thread,

iliya8801

May 13, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Here are my findings. Pixel 6 Pro, Bahrain, STC. The module enables 5G, VoLTE and WiFi calling.

1. 5G - working, partially. Only connects to 5G in NSA mode while using LTE band 48. DL/UL speeds - highest I have seen are 674 and 62 respectively. If I am on an LTE band other than 48, such as bands 1, 3, 20 - I get that fake 5G icon, but if I go into Testing menu I can see that the network type is LTE, NR is available, but not connected. Not sure why. Want to test it with my Samsung S21+, if I recall correctly, 5G was available on all LTE bands? Not sure.

2. VoLTE - works, shows up as "HD calling", works during a call.

3. WiFi calling - does not work, even though the module does enable the option. My carrier does support it and it is working on my S21+.

WIFI calling is working for me, but after the June update it is dropping calls constantly. kind of weird.

trefiesnaj

Sep 30, 2012
Hey,

Important announcement to anyone with a problem.
I'm communicating with ECC Europe. I hereby urge AND request you to file a complaint against Alphabet/Google, it will take a moment and it will help us all. The ECC is already looking into this and needs more of us, more evidence. Write everyone who has a problem with 5G on Pixels and in which countries. The ECC itself has said it's not ok for Google to behave like this and it will be addressed, there is a single market in Europe and devices listed here must work across the EU, that's why they are also unifying bands for 5G etc. Also, Google hasn't just released support in some US states, they wouldn't dare. I also call on Google to correct this.
Thank you, here is the link to the ECC.

It is OK to send this message to them:

"Hello,
I want to file a complaint about Google/Alphabet's practices. As it bans the use of their 5G on their Pixel phones unrestricted in all EU countries. The proof that they are just blocking it is that there is an option to enable this feature with the root of the phone (see here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/activate-5g-on-non-5g-country.4457071/ )

Thank you, have a nice day.
Your name"
Screenshot_2022-06-30-10-57-27-07_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Never_OutGunned

May 8, 2011
Hey,

I'm communicating with ECC Europe. I hereby urge AND request you to file a complaint against Alphabet/Google, it will take a moment and it will help us all. The ECC is already looking into this and needs more of us, more evidence. Write everyone who has a problem with 5G on Pixels and in which countries. The ECC itself has said it's not ok for Google to behave like this and it will be addressed, there is a single market in Europe and devices listed here must work across the EU, that's why they are also unifying bands for 5G etc. Also, Google hasn't just released support in some US states, they wouldn't dare. I also call on Google to correct this.

"Hello,
I want to file a complaint about Google/Alphabet's practices. As it bans the use of their 5G on their Pixel phones unrestricted in all EU countries. The proof that they are just blocking it is that there is an option to enable this feature with the root of the phone (see here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/activate-5g-on-non-5g-country.4457071/ )

Your name"
This would be great, except ECC is SO SLOW to react, plus (at least in my country) they require proof of purchase, credit/debit card statement AND that you have already filed a complaint to Google, which the latter has declined. At least in my case, I have not filed a complaint to Google, since I know they will not do anything about it, but redirect me to the page, where it states non-supported countries are not supported. Also since there is no Google directly in my country (hense no 5G), I purchased my phone second hand from a disappointed 1st hand owner and I have no proof of purchase from Google.

trefiesnaj

Sep 30, 2012
This would be great, except ECC is SO SLOW to react, plus (at least in my country) they require proof of purchase, credit/debit card statement AND that you have already filed a complaint to Google, which the latter has declined. At least in my case, I have not filed a complaint to Google, since I know they will not do anything about it, but redirect me to the page, where it states non-supported countries are not supported. Also since there is no Google directly in my country (hense no 5G), I purchased my phone second hand from a disappointed 1st hand owner and I have no proof of purchase from Google.
Hello, You do not need proof of buying. Use for example screenshot about phone, that You have Pixel. It is work for me and it is very friendly our ECC at Czech republic. They only need more evidence. I have Pixel too bought from another country unofficially, but it is still mean, that it must work everywhere in Europe 👍 it is only message to ECC, nothing else, they write, that they must have only few more people.
According to preliminary information from my local representative, Google is facing another huge fine, the need to negotiate a remedy, and if Google does not comply, it will have to withdraw from the EU market (but it will not allow that, it will fix this with software). In addition, anyone who bought a phone in Germany, for example, and found it didn't work in their country, or went on holiday and it didn't work, has the option of returning the phone at any time. Even after one year for example and the store has to pay him the original price he bought the phone for. And I'm sure Google wouldn't like that. 😁

jafffar98

Nov 25, 2013

2. VoLTE - works, shows up as "HD calling", works during a call.

That's because STC just introduced SA 5G last month in collaboration with Huawei, so I don't believe they covered the entire country yet. STC is currently the only carrier that has SA, the highest I got is around 850+ Mbs DL speed with Batelco. HD calling and VoLTE work for me too.
Update: I didn't test VoWiFi before, I just did and it is working.

Last edited:

gvpula

Feb 21, 2009
Pula
Hey,

"Hello,

Your name"View attachment 5652319
I have write a complain to the European Consumer Network as you advice, thanks for sharing, and I'm also urging others to do the same. Demand your rights, it's your money.

gvpula

Feb 21, 2009
Pula
Anyone tested this in Croatia?
Thanks
So sad that the a company like Google did this, so so sad, the Pixel had to be the android king and it turned out to be worst than cheep Chinese phones, what a disappointment,
The Mi11i that I have in my city has 900Mbs download speeds and it's a 300€ Chinese phone. I would be ashamed.

theduh

Jul 16, 2022
User from the Philippines on Globe Telecom network

1. 5G works though it is on an LTE back-end.
2. Volte seemed to be working. I see HD call and can browse/surf the internet even if I am in an active conversation and connection stays on LTE.
3. Wifi calling does not work. IMS says that it is not registered, but my carrier confirmed that VoWifi is active on my plan. Volte and Wifi Calling works just fine on a Note 20 using my SIM card.

Knowing that both Volte and VoWifi work on my plan on a different device, is it safe to say that this is now a device or is it still a carrier configuration issue? Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    User from the Philippines on Globe Telecom network

1. 5G works though it is on an LTE back-end.
    2. Volte seemed to be working. I see HD call and can browse/surf the internet even if I am in an active conversation and connection stays on LTE.
    3. Wifi calling does not work. IMS says that it is not registered, but my carrier confirmed that VoWifi is active on my plan. Volte and Wifi Calling works just fine on a Note 20 using my SIM card.

Knowing that both Volte and VoWifi work on my plan on a different device, is it safe to say that this is now a device or is it still a carrier configuration issue? Thanks!
    Hey, this tuto is working for several user to activate 5G on unsupported 5G country by Google.

You need : Rooted phone, 5G Plan, 5G Coverage.

STEP 1 : Install the module on magisk to activate VOLTE and reboot.
    STEP 2 : Install Network Signal Guru on the Play Store.
    STEP 3 : Click on the 3 dots, Forcing control, select your sim card.
    STEP 4 : Click on NR SETTING, and select on Opt2(0x10) and Opt3(0x01) on the ENDC menu.
    STEP 5 : Restart the phone, if you are on 5G coverage, it should be working for you.

If your carrier doesn't allow you to select 5G preferred network on settings, you might have to select "NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA" under Preferred network on the hidden *#*#4636#*#*

Of course, you do it on your own risk.

Thanks to Evan for finding it.

Actually worked on Hungary, Romania, UAE, Philippines, China, Thailand, Hong Kong...
    Worked on A12 and A13 Beta.

Thanks, I can confirm that 5G and VoLTE work with this in Slovakia (Telekom).
    Hey, this tuto is working for several user to activate 5G on unsupported 5G country by Google.

You need : Rooted phone, 5G Plan, 5G Coverage.

STEP 1 : Install the module on magisk to activate VOLTE and reboot.
    STEP 2 : Install Network Signal Guru on the Play Store.
    STEP 3 : Click on the 3 dots, Forcing control, select your sim card.
    STEP 4 : Click on NR SETTING, and select on Opt2(0x10) and Opt3(0x01) on the ENDC menu.
    STEP 5 : Restart the phone, if you are on 5G coverage, it should be working for you.

If your carrier doesn't allow you to select 5G preferred network on settings, you might have to select "NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA" under Preferred network on the hidden *#*#4636#*#*

Of course, you do it on your own risk.

Thanks to Evan for finding it.

Actually worked on Hungary, Romania, UAE, Philippines, China, Thailand, Hong Kong...
    Worked on A12 and A13 Beta.
    It works with all operators in China etc . CMCC/CU/CT
    Someone successfully call with VoNR (test with some cities in China )

option 2 is SA mode ,other is NSA mode
    option 3 ( 3a / 3x ) = NSA in most countries , access to EPC( LTE Network )
    option 7 = option3 + 5GC ( 5G Core Network )
    option 4 = option2 + LTE with 5G Core Network

cuz many location stop using NSA mode , so i was select option2 only

5G.jpg
    It's beyond stupid that this brand new and undocumented menu was the key. I had previously played around with it and figured it was dangerous since it was difficult to revert.

As a note, T-Mobile US ENDC defaults to 0x11, using both 0x10 and 0x1.

Won't users also have to set NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA in the hidden *#*#4636#*#* menu if their carrier doesn't allow preferred 5G in network settings?
    Thanks finally 5g on P6. Working great in Greece Vodafone. For those volte vowifi not working, make sure you have already enabled it via your carrier. If you have never done it either search online for a simple sms text enable service for your operator or just call them and ask to enable it but tell them you have an iPhone or Samsung instead. Some operators let you enable it from their app In my country the same had to be done for 5g when 5g was first introduced in Greece. Also not that it makes any difference but just in case anyone is wondering i have an esim. So it works great for esim as well.
    Can confirm 5G works on A1 Bulgaria. Reached 800Mbps indoors. VoLTE doesn't work though. When the call starts, the networks drops to H+. But this is an issue with my carrier. They are terrible, only support flagship Samsungs and iphones.