How To Guide Activate 5G on non-5G Country

Search This thread

Aiples

Apr 12, 2021
Check your location and your package, I use AIS and True and both work fine. For both AIS and True, they won't let user use 5G if users don't use their 5G package so the icon and signal will be on 4G. In addition, for AIS you can even use 5G SA but you need to contact AIS to let they operate in service side (Which I suggest to contact via Pantip)
Screenshot_20220626-115744.png

Reactions: abbradar

abbradar

Apr 7, 2008
Check your location and your package, I use AIS and True and both work fine. For both AIS and True, they won't let user use 5G if users don't use their 5G package so the icon and signal will be on 4G. In addition, for AIS you can even use 5G SA but you need to contact AIS to let they operate in service side (Which I suggest to contact via Pantip)
Interesting. Do you have A12 or A13 Beta? And did you use the VoLTE Magisk module from this guide? Not sure what else to check... (I do have the 5G package too).

Attachments

• endc.jpg
    endc.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 279
  • info.jpg
    info.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 276
  • ais.jpg
    ais.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 277
Reactions: öneböy

Aiples

Apr 12, 2021
Interesting. Do you have A12 or A13 Beta? And did you use the VoLTE Magisk module from this guide? Not sure what else to check... (I do have the 5G package too).
I use A12. These are module that I use
Screenshot_20220626-131838.png
. Volte-property for pixel 6 pro is from this forum and that is the one use to enable VoLTE and 5G.

But look at the 2nd pic --> NR available: true so I think that all done but 5G might not available in your location. <-- Please confirm this with others.

For Volte, have you turn on VoLTE with AIS yet (just tell via Pantip). That also needed in order to use it with not officially support devices

Reactions: abbradar

abbradar

Apr 7, 2008
I see, thank you for the info! I'll ask around, if the coverage is the case I can switch. Someone with True has proper 5G around here.

praetorus

Jun 22, 2022
Returned to Stock firmware, because ING Bank in Romania don't work with root
If you live in Romania and use ING you need to think about :)
All bank apps work for me with magisk. You must use zygisk and prevent the app to identify the root, including hiding the name of app (all functions of magisk). Also safety net fix is installed.

DjinNO_o

May 28, 2022
All bank apps work for me with magisk. You must use zygisk and prevent the app to identify the root, including hiding the name of app (all functions of magisk). Also safety net fix is installed.
Yes, all works, but not Romanian version of ING Bank app :) I spent all day yesterday but no results

praetorus

Jun 22, 2022
Yes, all works, but not Romanian version of ING Bank app :) I spent all day yesterday but no results
I can't believe that. I had some experience that the app didn't want to work but finally I found that always it was my fault, that I did not switch on everything that was required to be switched on.

DjinNO_o

May 28, 2022
I can't believe that. I had some experience that the app didn't want to work but finally I found that always it was my fault, that I did not switch on everything that was required to be switched on.

As I know they use IBM trusteer and test it in Romania

praetorus

Jun 22, 2022

As I know they use IBM trusteer and test it in Romania
https://www.reddit.com/r/Magisk/comments/gsovxg
It seems to be detection of unlocked bootloader. This is strange attitude, they are limiting you in using your phone...

luke1018

Nov 25, 2021
Chengdu,China
I use A12. These are module that I useView attachment 5645991. Volte-property for pixel 6 pro is from this forum and that is the one use to enable VoLTE and 5G.

But look at the 2nd pic --> NR available: true so I think that all done but 5G might not available in your location. <-- Please confirm this with others.

For Volte, have you turn on VoLTE with AIS yet (just tell via Pantip). That also needed in order to use it with not officially support devices
first i cannot use 5g, now i installed these module, open zygisk, 5g is ok now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How? Shizuku+Pixel IMS? No need for 14 QPR3 beta 2.1?
    I flashed the file in the top post. And Pixel Carrier patch by swangjang (though it may not be necessary). NR-NSA mode connected in my region, speeds reached over 400Mbps down. I dont know about SA mode, the 5G is pretty limited in my area.
    I didnt touch Shizuku or IMS patches. Also VoLTE works (worked before the patch and works after). HD is displayed when calling.
    Is there a non-root option? System props should be modified, as far as I know thats not possible without root.
    There was an earlier post saying QPR3 beta took care of the 5g issue. I just don't know if 2.1 still works. Shizuku+pixel IMS takes care of Volte
    Hey, this tuto is working for several user to activate 5G on unsupported 5G country by Google.

You need : Rooted phone, 5G Plan, 5G Coverage.

STEP 1 : Install the module on magisk to activate VOLTE and reboot.
    STEP 2 : Install Network Signal Guru on the Play Store.
    STEP 3 : Click on the 3 dots, Forcing control, select your sim card.
    STEP 4 : Click on NR SETTING, and select on Opt2(0x10) and Opt3(0x01) on the ENDC menu.
    STEP 5 : Restart the phone, if you are on 5G coverage, it should be working for you.

If your carrier doesn't allow you to select 5G preferred network on settings, you might have to select "NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA" under Preferred network on the hidden *#*#4636#*#*

Of course, you do it on your own risk.

Thanks to Evan for finding it.

Actually worked on Hungary, Romania, UAE, Philippines, China, Thailand, Hong Kong...
    Worked on A12 and A13 Beta.
    It works with all operators in China etc . CMCC/CU/CT
    Someone successfully call with VoNR (test with some cities in China )

option 2 is SA mode ,other is NSA mode
    option 3 ( 3a / 3x ) = NSA in most countries , access to EPC( LTE Network )
    option 7 = option3 + 5GC ( 5G Core Network )
    option 4 = option2 + LTE with 5G Core Network

cuz many location stop using NSA mode , so i was select option2 only

5G.jpg
    It's beyond stupid that this brand new and undocumented menu was the key. I had previously played around with it and figured it was dangerous since it was difficult to revert.

As a note, T-Mobile US ENDC defaults to 0x11, using both 0x10 and 0x1.

Won't users also have to set NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA in the hidden *#*#4636#*#* menu if their carrier doesn't allow preferred 5G in network settings?
    Thanks finally 5g on P6. Working great in Greece Vodafone. For those volte vowifi not working, make sure you have already enabled it via your carrier. If you have never done it either search online for a simple sms text enable service for your operator or just call them and ask to enable it but tell them you have an iPhone or Samsung instead. Some operators let you enable it from their app In my country the same had to be done for 5g when 5g was first introduced in Greece. Also not that it makes any difference but just in case anyone is wondering i have an esim. So it works great for esim as well.
    嘿~我的PIXEL6 PRO在更新了7月后网速4G网络速度很慢,5G根本连不上(中国电信)。请问有新版的模块吗?
    يرجى التحدث باللغة الإنجليزية هنا يا صديقي