How To Guide Activate 5G on non-5G Country

Search This thread

teddysx3

Jan 17, 2023
Hello all,

Unfortunatly for my Pixel 7, is was not able to make my 5g work. I have a 5g plan, located in Bulgaria.

I have done all the steps, rooted, installed magisk module, network signal, nr mode settings - sa+nsa. I have also did the *#*#4636#*#* and chose NR only and NR/LTE, did not have luck, only LTE is present..

Any clue what could be the issue?

Thanks

arik100

Apr 6, 2012
did this on my pixel 6a, how do i know if it's working?
i dont see any change in the notification icon

austinck88

Sep 12, 2021
Only the RM90 package and above can get 5G at the moment. Even then it's not automatic. You need to go to the stupid Digi app and "subscribe" to the 5G "add-on". I assume all that's been done? Might want to also confirm by calling Digi if your SIM needs a newer version.
understand, my digi has been activated, that is function and show 5G on my Sony Xperia iv, but only my P6P still under LTE, same sim card swap .

Mahoro.san

Dec 17, 2011
I had it working in 5G for my pixel 6 for some days than it suddenly stuck in LTE yesterday and no matter how much I redo the steps it just won't go back to 5G

I am in HK CSL which is 5G and volte supported

Edit solved : I enabled the sim 2 of 5G at the same time which it only allow 5G at one sim.
So need to put sim 2 back in LTE and redo the steps

Last edited:

grgana

May 5, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 6
I had it working in 5G for my pixel 6 for some days than it suddenly stuck in LTE yesterday and no matter how much I redo the steps it just won't go back to 5G

I am in HK CSL which is 5G and volte supported

Edit solved : I enabled the sim 2 of 5G at the same time which it only allow 5G at one sim.
So need to put sim 2 back in LTE and redo the steps
Sorry for the quote i couldn't post it otheway for some reason... Yesterday I saw an article that A13 QPR BETA 2.1 supposed to contain bunch of 5g connectivity fixes for eligible devices..
anyone running this build ?
Or willing to try it out?

NIKOST

Dec 2, 2012
Sorry for the quote i couldn't post it otheway for some reason... Yesterday I saw an article that A13 QPR BETA 2.1 supposed to contain bunch of 5g connectivity fixes for eligible devices..
anyone running this build ?
Or willing to try it out?

In a greek forum, a guy installed it and the VoLTE toggle has appeared in settings for COSMOTE carrier. But VoLTE does not currently work.

Reactions: grgana

superpixie

Sep 24, 2015
I'm really lost with this whole thing...
Pixel 5 rooted with Magisk, verified with root checker
Volte module installed

Network Signal Guru installed (this is where I get lost). There are no places to select my SIM, etc...

So without all those settings from step 3, i'm out of luck, not sure where to go?? any ideas??
View attachment 5741081
i have same issue like this on p5a, have solved this issue?

monsoon0505

Jun 18, 2022
Yesterday everything was all right.
but today I lost the volte but 5g is work.
I upgrade magisk yesterday.
how can I fix the volte
Thanks a lot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230307-235840.png
    Screenshot_20230307-235840.png
    373.7 KB · Views: 251
  • Screenshot_20230307-235629.png
    Screenshot_20230307-235629.png
    266.3 KB · Views: 250
  • Screenshot_20230307-235731.png
    Screenshot_20230307-235731.png
    212.1 KB · Views: 219
  • Screenshot_20230308-000021.png
    Screenshot_20230308-000021.png
    219.9 KB · Views: 250

supermansaga

Mar 12, 2011
Hello all,

Unfortunatly for my Pixel 7, is was not able to make my 5g work. I have a 5g plan, located in Bulgaria.

I have done all the steps, rooted, installed magisk module, network signal, nr mode settings - sa+nsa. I have also did the *#*#4636#*#* and chose NR only and NR/LTE, did not have luck, only LTE is present..

Any clue what could be the issue?

Thanks
Same for me. The network signal guru did enable 5G for my two other Pixel 7 Pro in China with China Telecom, but just not the 3rd one. It's driving me nuts. Google is soooo evil now.

junaidar

Sep 20, 2021
Hey, this tuto is working for several user to activate 5G on unsupported 5G country by Google.

You need : Rooted phone, 5G Plan, 5G Coverage.

STEP 1 : Install the module on magisk to activate VOLTE and reboot.
STEP 2 : Install Network Signal Guru on the Play Store.
STEP 3 : Click on the 3 dots, Forcing control, select your sim card.
STEP 4 : Click on NR SETTING, and select on Opt2(0x10) and Opt3(0x01) on the ENDC menu.
STEP 5 : Restart the phone, if you are on 5G coverage, it should be working for you.

If your carrier doesn't allow you to select 5G preferred network on settings, you might have to select "NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA" under Preferred network on the hidden *#*#4636#*#*

Of course, you do it on your own risk.

Thanks to Evan for finding it.

Actually worked on Hungary, Romania, UAE, Philippines, China, Thailand, Hong Kong...
Worked on A12 and A13 Beta.
5G is working is Saudia also tried this method on rooting Pixel 7 pro and it worked all fine. Thanks for this method bro.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, this tuto is working for several user to activate 5G on unsupported 5G country by Google.

You need : Rooted phone, 5G Plan, 5G Coverage.

STEP 1 : Install the module on magisk to activate VOLTE and reboot.
    STEP 2 : Install Network Signal Guru on the Play Store.
    STEP 3 : Click on the 3 dots, Forcing control, select your sim card.
    STEP 4 : Click on NR SETTING, and select on Opt2(0x10) and Opt3(0x01) on the ENDC menu.
    STEP 5 : Restart the phone, if you are on 5G coverage, it should be working for you.

If your carrier doesn't allow you to select 5G preferred network on settings, you might have to select "NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA" under Preferred network on the hidden *#*#4636#*#*

Of course, you do it on your own risk.

Thanks to Evan for finding it.

Actually worked on Hungary, Romania, UAE, Philippines, China, Thailand, Hong Kong...
    Worked on A12 and A13 Beta.
    It works with all operators in China etc . CMCC/CU/CT
    Someone successfully call with VoNR (test with some cities in China )

option 2 is SA mode ,other is NSA mode
    option 3 ( 3a / 3x ) = NSA in most countries , access to EPC( LTE Network )
    option 7 = option3 + 5GC ( 5G Core Network )
    option 4 = option2 + LTE with 5G Core Network

cuz many location stop using NSA mode , so i was select option2 only

5G.jpg
    It's beyond stupid that this brand new and undocumented menu was the key. I had previously played around with it and figured it was dangerous since it was difficult to revert.

As a note, T-Mobile US ENDC defaults to 0x11, using both 0x10 and 0x1.

Won't users also have to set NR/LTE/GSM/WCDMA in the hidden *#*#4636#*#* menu if their carrier doesn't allow preferred 5G in network settings?
    Thanks finally 5g on P6. Working great in Greece Vodafone. For those volte vowifi not working, make sure you have already enabled it via your carrier. If you have never done it either search online for a simple sms text enable service for your operator or just call them and ask to enable it but tell them you have an iPhone or Samsung instead. Some operators let you enable it from their app In my country the same had to be done for 5g when 5g was first introduced in Greece. Also not that it makes any difference but just in case anyone is wondering i have an esim. So it works great for esim as well.
    嘿~我的PIXEL6 PRO在更新了7月后网速4G网络速度很慢,5G根本连不上(中国电信)。请问有新版的模块吗?
    يرجى التحدث باللغة الإنجليزية هنا يا صديقي