Activate Volte om Pixel 4XL - Android 11 R

Search This thread

ibrahim52

Jul 17, 2012
I would also recommend if you can check the developer preview if that works for volte because I believe a lot of options are enabled on developer preview and betas.

swangjang

Sep 12, 2018
The reason I'm always a skeptical about unlocking the bootloader is what if someday I lose the phone and the data is accessible otherwise there was a time during Nexus 4 I hardly had a stock OS on my phone.
Even if someone does get a hold of your device, I don't think it will be easy to retrieve files. The internal storage is encrypted so cable transfer requires the phone to be unlocked and TWRP requires data format.

Reactions: ibrahim52

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys

Finally i was able to activate volte on my carrier (STC-KSA) by the help of @somin.n module

You need to have unlocked bootloader and Magisk Canary installed

1. Flash the attached module via Magisk and reboot
    2. Check and activate Volte in settings
    3. Dial *#*#4636#*#* > check IMS service status > you should find IMS service registered and VOLTE is available
    4. You are good to GO !

Edit: it look like you need a Magisk module "SELinux Permissive" to get it working with you.

Note:
    I had a problem that the volte getting disabled after a reboot, in order to fix this:
    1. After applying the module restart your phone
    2. go to settings>network>Mobile network> wifi calling> choose "call over mobile network"
    3. Turn off your phone and take out your sim card.
    4. Turn it on again with sim card uninstalled.
    5. Turn off your phone, install your sim card , turn it on again.

Note: i have installed vodafone UK mbn file for my phone, you may need to change mbn file for your carrier (attached Mi9T mbn files)
    in order to change mbn file:
    1. Download the attached Mi9T mbn
    2. Extract the file and choose the desired mbn file
    3. open "Volte Pixel 4.zip" and go to
    Code:
    /system/vendor/rfs/msm/mpss/readonly/vendor/mbn/mcfg_sw/generic/myown/
    and paste your choosen MBN file.
    4. Go to the mentioned flashing steps and you are good to go!

This WORKED woohoooo boy finally it worked in UAE by rooting the phone but that was the only solution I guess. Now here is what I did.

1. Spent hours on trying to install TWRP, somehow failed miserably.
    2. Then installed fresh stock image , unlocked the bootloader and then started looking on google.
    3. Looking for how to root google pixel 4xl and you'd come across magisks method of patching the boot.img, PM me for tutorial link.
    4. Once installed and then I installed various root file explorer but was unable to copy the mbn until I realized what I am doing.
    5. I went to magisks ,installed the SE permissive linux.zip from local storage
    6. then reboot and coming back to magisks installed the thai volte enabler (wasn't needed)
    7. This time removed the one which I installed
    8. Finally installed the VOLTE PIXEL 4.zip from here and VOILA , reboot , tried making few calls and internet was still working high speed.
    9. Then I checked the IMS, voice over LTE shows REGISTERED :D

finally overnight r&d and after ages of rooting android phone but worth it. Thank you very much for all the developers who always comes out of the solution. This is clear google do not care about most of the carriers around the globe but XDA is a savior.
    You're right Ibrahim!!!
    It works amazingly well.

Do I have to install SElinux permissive? This sounds like a major security hole

Also, can someone please explain what exactly this zip is flashing? Is it just replacing the stock mbn file?
    Is there I way I can look inside the mbn file for the lines that made my carrier work, so that I can submit it to Rom developers?

Maybe @somin.n can give me a tip on how to get developers deploying this in a simple way. The ROM's I use have verified boot, so I must give them a solution that isn't magisk/flashing... Something they can do internally.

Thanks!
    You're right Ibrahim!!!
    It works amazingly well.

Do I have to install SElinux permissive? This sounds like a major security hole

Also, can someone please explain what exactly this zip is flashing? Is it just replacing the stock mbn file?
    Is there I way I can look inside the mbn file for the lines that made my carrier work, so that I can submit it to Rom developers?

Maybe @somin.n can give me a tip on how to get developers deploying this in a simple way. The ROM's I use have verified boot, so I must give them a solution that isn't magisk/flashing... Something they can do internally.

Thanks!
    Hi, for my case I had to install SELinux permissive and then the Volte enabling zip before I got my Volte activated. Like you i was also concerned about security with the SELinux permissive, but i was able to uninstall SELinux permissive after getting Volte and it still remains! Checked my phone is SELinux enforcing now but still have Volte. Maybe give it a try? I didn't need any separate MBN also.
    But since I did root after a very long time, almost after my first nexus phone which was nexus 5, not sure about the modern root and how secure it is. Boot loader is unlocked and I am not sure if it is really secure to keep it that way, once I had confirmed that it isn't my ISP which is at fault but Google stock rom itself, I decided to ask more on this forum about how safe rooting is and if I should go back to root and carry on for the sake of using my phone global features.

The problem with Google's qualcomm mbn modem firmware is that it does not have the volte enable lines for all carriers.

This is probably due to the fact that they don't reach out and ask operators what their settings are (MMC MNC nubmers) but just use whatever Google Partner importers provide them. Hence, if your country doesn't officially import Google via a large importer, the MBN file will not have the proper settings.

I believe the MBN firmware in this post is taken from a Xiaomi qualcomm which has a much broader support globally for carriers.
    Samsung, LG and Apple will also have global support but then again it might also edit other things that I'm not aware of.
    You could also force enable VoLTE via the build.prop or the dialer app in some cases, there are all kinds of mechanisms on android for this crap... Much much simpler in Apple!

There's no chance to get google update their firmware, but we can get developers to start using the xiaomi qualcomm mbn, maybe then at least we can get LineageOS to support everything.
    The reason I'm always a skeptical about unlocking the bootloader is what if someday I lose the phone and the data is accessible otherwise there was a time during Nexus 4 I hardly had a stock OS on my phone.
    Even if someone does get a hold of your device, I don't think it will be easy to retrieve files. The internal storage is encrypted so cable transfer requires the phone to be unlocked and TWRP requires data format.
    Hi Guys

Finally i was able to activate volte on my carrier (STC-KSA) by the help of @somin.n module

You need to have unlocked bootloader and Magisk Canary installed

1. Flash the attached module via Magisk and reboot
    2. Check and activate Volte in settings
    3. Dial *#*#4636#*#* > check IMS service status > you should find IMS service registered and VOLTE is available
    4. You are good to GO !

Edit: it look like you need a Magisk module "SELinux Permissive" to get it working with you.

Note:
    I had a problem that the volte getting disabled after a reboot, in order to fix this:
    1. After applying the module restart your phone
    2. go to settings>network>Mobile network> wifi calling> choose "call over mobile network"
    3. Turn off your phone and take out your sim card.
    4. Turn it on again with sim card uninstalled.
    5. Turn off your phone, install your sim card , turn it on again.

Note: i have installed vodafone UK mbn file for my phone, you may need to change mbn file for your carrier (attached Mi9T mbn files)
    in order to change mbn file:
    1. Download the attached Mi9T mbn
    2. Extract the file and choose the desired mbn file
    3. open "Volte Pixel 4.zip" and go to
    Code:
    /system/vendor/rfs/msm/mpss/readonly/vendor/mbn/mcfg_sw/generic/myown/
    and paste your choosen MBN file.
    4. Go to the mentioned flashing steps and you are good to go!
    guys a little bit lost here, where can I find the Volte Pixel 4.zip , I've done similar steps in OP7T with success but cannot find this file
    How do I extract the mbn files myself?
    Is it located in the phone or in the stock image?
    Which directory do I go to?
    My Pixel 4xl able to get volte with mbn from redmi 9t (Snapdragon 662)
    Checked with my carrier, they made it very clear that the limitation and restrictions are from Google only. Anyways, have sent a feedback to Google if that helps otherwise wont be going for another Pixel handset. What is the use of having a smart phone with none of the features working.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone