• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Activate Volte on Pixel 4XL - Android 11 R

Search This thread

ibrahim52

Jul 17, 2012
If you are in ROOT you need to flash both file ( VOLTE for Pixel 4/4XL , and SELinux Permissive )
Exactly but also make sure that you remove SE Linux permissive module once voLTE starts working verifying it through IMS services status.

Your SE Linux status should be enforcing and not permissive for security reasons. To verify that status, you can download any root checker app.

Reactions: gamal001

gamal001

Jul 15, 2011
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 4a
Exactly but also make sure that you remove SE Linux permissive module once voLTE starts working verifying it through IMS services status.

Your SE Linux status should be enforcing and not permissive for security reasons. To verify that status, you can download any root checker app.

any specific mbn or the one in op ?

DinarQ8

Nov 23, 2010
Kuwait City

I still keeps SE Linux permissive and the VoLTE works fine

ibrahim52

Jul 17, 2012
I should copy the mbn file to the volte zip file before flash them right?
See it's up to you. For me it worked right away without any changes because I am also on Etisalat and for me it did not matter. The moment it started working for me that's all it is.

Also to make you more excited, I have not noticed a single lag on receiving calls plus the calls are now having the logo of HD, truly the call quality improves as well as the appearance of call details is instant unlike I used to have a ringing but the caller ID appeared late showing black screen for few seconds.

I am really hoping, by Android 12 they should allow lot more carriers to use the phone with its full capabilities. I even removed my phone from listings on online selling platforms.

Reactions: DinarQ8

ibrahim52

Jul 17, 2012
In fact I'm not sure what the future holds with magisks cuz the developer is now working for Google. Hope we have Android 12 compatibility with magisks when it is released.

ibrahim52

Jul 17, 2012
Is it me or just everyone, after patching the voLTE everything is going good except when I'm trying to make a conference call, it gives a message of phone switch off for the other party. Eventually I am not able to make a conference call by taking more people on a single call. I'm not sure if it is just me or others have face the same thing.

ibrahim52

Jul 17, 2012
Okay sorted. The attached Etisalat mbn file I tried to make it as a part of the original archive of voLTE enabler zip. Removing the existing module, I flashed the modified zip file. Unfortunately it did not work. I then read it everything including selinux permissive. It took a while for everything to start working normally, then I tried the conference call. Surprisingly, no clue how but it started working automatically. Phewwww. I was not able to make conference calls since I first flashed, don't know what made it work but it was working anyway.

edkmho

Aug 6, 2005
Ok. Successfully activated VoLTE.

My carrier only support limited phone models, so I have to insert my sim into supported model to get my sim activated for volte.

Then I use the magisk module from OP and then follow the efstool steps from Pixel 5 thread to get volte working on my Pixel 4XL on Maxis telco from Malaysia
Fuad,

Would you mind share the link from efstool steps from Pixel 5 thread.

I am trying to get my Pixel 3 XL on volte with celcom.

Thanks.

fuadhdmini

Oct 16, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 10
Google Pixel 5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys

Finally i was able to activate volte on my carrier (STC-KSA) by the help of @somin.n module

You need to have unlocked bootloader and Magisk Canary installed

1. Flash the attached module via Magisk and reboot
    2. Check and activate Volte in settings
    3. Dial *#*#4636#*#* > check IMS service status > you should find IMS service registered and VOLTE is available
    4. You are good to GO !

Edit: it look like you need a Magisk module "SELinux Permissive" to get it working with you.

Note:
    I had a problem that the volte getting disabled after a reboot, in order to fix this:
    1. After applying the module restart your phone
    2. go to settings>network>Mobile network> wifi calling> choose "call over mobile network"
    3. Turn off your phone and take out your sim card.
    4. Turn it on again with sim card uninstalled.
    5. Turn off your phone, install your sim card , turn it on again.

Note: i have installed vodafone UK mbn file for my phone, you may need to change mbn file for your carrier (attached Mi9T mbn files)
    in order to change mbn file:
    1. Download the attached Mi9T mbn
    2. Extract the file and choose the desired mbn file
    3. open "Volte Pixel 4.zip" and go to
    Code:
    /system/vendor/rfs/msm/mpss/readonly/vendor/mbn/mcfg_sw/generic/myown/
    and paste your choosen MBN file.
    4. Go to the mentioned flashing steps and you are good to go!
    guys a little bit lost here, where can I find the Volte Pixel 4.zip , I've done similar steps in OP7T with success but cannot find this file
    How do I extract the mbn files myself?
    Is it located in the phone or in the stock image?
    Which directory do I go to?
    My Pixel 4xl able to get volte with mbn from redmi 9t (Snapdragon 662)
    Checked with my carrier, they made it very clear that the limitation and restrictions are from Google only. Anyways, have sent a feedback to Google if that helps otherwise wont be going for another Pixel handset. What is the use of having a smart phone with none of the features working.