• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Activate Volte on Pixel 4XL - Android 11 R

Search This thread

mar.aimn

Jul 6, 2019
Ok. Successfully activated VoLTE.

My carrier only support limited phone models, so I have to insert my sim into supported model to get my sim activated for volte.

Then I use the magisk module from OP and then follow the efstool steps from Pixel 5 thread to get volte working on my Pixel 4XL on Maxis telco from Malaysia
may i know which file did you mean by magisk module from OP?

edkmho

Aug 6, 2005
Hi edkmho
Are you success to able Volte on P3XL with celcom?
Hi Gualala,

I was unable to get it working with Celcom(Malaysia).

For you information, i have a spare phone Mi A1 running Pixel Experience 11. Using the same sim card from my P3 and it works VoLTE & VoWiFi too. Tested with calling with both VoLTE & VoWiFi without any problem.

The other reason for not rooting my phone was the banking apps keep failing. For now i am back to stock Android 12.

It's a shame that original Google phone not working.

Gualala

Jul 25, 2020
Hi Gualala,

I was unable to get it working with Celcom(Malaysia).

For you information, i have a spare phone Mi A1 running Pixel Experience 11. Using the same sim card from my P3 and it works VoLTE & VoWiFi too. Tested with calling with both VoLTE & VoWiFi without any problem.

The other reason for not rooting my phone was the banking apps keep failing. For now i am back to stock Android 12.

It's a shame that original Google phone not working.

Pls try to use this mbn file

Attachments

• mcfg_sw.mbn.zip
    9.9 KB · Views: 23

aresbv2000

Mar 18, 2009
Brasov
Anyone managed to successfully activate VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling on Digi.Mobil Romania? I don't know wich mbn to use. I miss the VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling on my Pixel. It used to work just perfectly on my Saamsung S20 but not on this Pixel :( I managed to make the VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling switches to be in the settings menu but that's all.
Screenshot_20211219-201840.png
Screenshot_20211219-201912~2.png
Screenshot_20211219-201926~2.png

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys

Finally i was able to activate volte on my carrier (STC-KSA) by the help of @somin.n module

You need to have unlocked bootloader and Magisk Canary installed

1. Flash the attached module via Magisk and reboot
    2. Check and activate Volte in settings
    3. Dial *#*#4636#*#* > check IMS service status > you should find IMS service registered and VOLTE is available
    4. You are good to GO !

Edit: it look like you need a Magisk module "SELinux Permissive" to get it working with you.

Note:
    I had a problem that the volte getting disabled after a reboot, in order to fix this:
    1. After applying the module restart your phone
    2. go to settings>network>Mobile network> wifi calling> choose "call over mobile network"
    3. Turn off your phone and take out your sim card.
    4. Turn it on again with sim card uninstalled.
    5. Turn off your phone, install your sim card , turn it on again.

Note: i have installed vodafone UK mbn file for my phone, you may need to change mbn file for your carrier (attached Mi9T mbn files)
    in order to change mbn file:
    1. Download the attached Mi9T mbn
    2. Extract the file and choose the desired mbn file
    3. open "Volte Pixel 4.zip" and go to
    Code:
    /system/vendor/rfs/msm/mpss/readonly/vendor/mbn/mcfg_sw/generic/myown/
    and paste your choosen MBN file.
    4. Go to the mentioned flashing steps and you are good to go!
    guys a little bit lost here, where can I find the Volte Pixel 4.zip , I've done similar steps in OP7T with success but cannot find this file
    How do I extract the mbn files myself?
    Is it located in the phone or in the stock image?
    Which directory do I go to?
    Ok. Successfully activated VoLTE.

My carrier only support limited phone models, so I have to insert my sim into supported model to get my sim activated for volte.

Then I use the magisk module from OP and then follow the efstool steps from Pixel 5 thread to get volte working on my Pixel 4XL on Maxis telco from Malaysia
    My Pixel 4xl able to get volte with mbn from redmi 9t (Snapdragon 662)