Active edge, how does it work?

Search This thread

makalele2

Oct 17, 2011
I've just purchased my first pixel phone. I wanted to test active edge, but I don't really know how to activate it. In settings I've set sensivity to the lowest and indeed it reacts when I squeeze the phone. But only in this screen in settings. Even though it says it's on, no matter how much I squeeze the phone, nothing happens. I've even read Google manual about this topic and still I cannot active it, no matter what. When should it activate? When I'm on home screen or when my screen is locked?

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
I've just purchased my first pixel phone. I wanted to test active edge, but I don't really know how to activate it. In settings I've set sensivity to the lowest and indeed it reacts when I squeeze the phone. But only in this screen in settings. Even though it says it's on, no matter how much I squeeze the phone, nothing happens. I've even read Google manual about this topic and still I cannot active it, no matter what. When should it activate? When I'm on home screen or when my screen is locked?

Hi there, it works out of the box, you don't have to activate it. It should work when your screen is locked and at any other time.
One thing that I can think of is if you have disabled your nav bar for some reason, or if you are in immersive mode. Then it doesn't work in my experience.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Also if in your country there is no Google Assistant yet - it won't work either!