Active Edge stopped working randomly

Search This thread

JellyPuddie

Oct 3, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm having issues with active edge. You can squeeze for assistant or silent stuff. But it stopped working for me whenever the phone is locked. And it'll start working again when it's charging. It stops working again when it's off the charger...

Steps to reproduce:
1. Ensure your phone is not charging
2. Try squeezing for assistant, if it works then let your phone go to sleep and lock (5 sec default)
3. Unlock your phone and try squeezing again
4. If it stops working, put your phone into charging state (wireless or wired), and it should start working again until next sleep

Let me know if you have the same issue too? I'm on the Feb update btw.

JellyPuddie

Oct 3, 2017
Update:

I found out that "allow when screen is off" is causing the issue. Turning it off and active edge is working now (when screen is on). Perhaps Google can fix this soon :eek:

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Update:

I found out that "allow when screen is off" is causing the issue. Turning it off and active edge is working now (when screen is on). Perhaps Google can fix this soon :eek:
Mine is on and still working. Just saying. Screenshot_20200204-110154.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

mkouk

Nov 7, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Mike does something similar. I sometimes unlock the phone and the active edge does not work. Then I push the power button to lock the device, then unlock and it works fine. Can't really figure out as it's random...it doesn't happen every single time.

JellyPuddie

Oct 3, 2017
Mike does something similar. I sometimes unlock the phone and the active edge does not work. Then I push the power button to lock the device, then unlock and it works fine. Can't really figure out as it's random...it doesn't happen every single time.

Exactly the same issue! It works fine after I turned off "allow when the screen is off". I never used it with screen off, since the screen turns on whenever you lift the phone, or when it detects movement.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just factory reset and the issue still persists. Just so anyone else having the same issue know this.