ActiveSync problem 0x80072F17 Certificates

Search This thread

damden

May 28, 2008
I just updated my TP2 with the rom from the official htc website: ROM-versie:2.07.404.1 and now i'm getting the 0x80072F17 error when trying to sync with my companies exchange server.

Before it did work on rom version 1.88.404.3, which came with the TP2.

I know the problem is the certificate, but I do not care about the certificate, i just want to sync my calendar, contacts, and outlook email.

I cannot contact my system administrator (because I am one of them), and my company is not buying in the near future a valid certificate.

Can someone please help me making my HTC understand that I want to sync with outlook, but do not care about a valid certificat!!!:(

ronh

Mar 11, 2005
Most likely you are using a certificate from your own certificate server.
That's not a validated source.
Normally in a website you'll get a pop up on which you can choose to go on.
Your TP2 can't ask that question.

You'll have to export the root certificate from your internal certificate server to a .cer file.
Copy it to your device, and double click it in explorer. It will install automatically.
To be sure, reset your device, and you shouldn't get the error anymore.

Elo_Asker

Apr 1, 2010
Asker
Same Problem

I recently upgraded to latest ROM and the problem you describe emerged.

Please excuse my ignorance but the latest reply does not help me very much as I do not know how to do what you suggest. I seem to remember that for the last ROM version I was asked if I wanted to permanently trust the non valid certificate.

If anyone has a solution please inform us???

damden

May 28, 2008
because of this problem i got back to an older rom (downloaded from htc site), and yes you are right, this older version just asks one time if you want to continue with an invalid certificate. choose yes, and i can connect with exchange with no problem.

why is the new version not asking this question?

i exported the certificate, uploaded the .cer to my phone, opened it, but nothing happened. now i only do not know if i tried to open the file with explorer or with resco explorer. can anyone confirm if this option will work?

jo51pe

Sep 25, 2008
Sydney
You need to add it as a root certificate.
Follow these instructions:

blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/archive/2006/01/28/making-a-root-cert-cab-file.aspx

Worked for me.

zefogo

Aug 21, 2009
I just updated my TP2 with the rom from the official htc website: ROM-versie:2.07.404.1 and now i'm getting the 0x80072F17 error when trying to sync with my companies exchange server.

Before it did work on rom version 1.88.404.3, which came with the TP2.

I know the problem is the certificate, but I do not care about the certificate, i just want to sync my calendar, contacts, and outlook email.

I cannot contact my system administrator (because I am one of them), and my company is not buying in the near future a valid certificate.

Can someone please help me making my HTC understand that I want to sync with outlook, but do not care about a valid certificat!!!:(

:(:(:(
I still have the same problem! Can someone help???

zefogo

Aug 21, 2009
How I fix my certificate error 0x80072f17

visit: h**p://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=6755285#post6755285

molod

May 5, 2007
Same problem here and that post doesn't help me. anyone have a solution without buy a trusted certificate?
thanx