• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Ad block for YouTube app?

Search This thread

blackspp

Dec 5, 2010
Amsterdam
I mostly use mobile sites, including youtube. But in all apps I use, games and such it works 100%. Just install the free version and pay if you like it. I did many years ago.

SKSXS

Nov 14, 2014
Interesting:)

I use utube less and less now especially for movies. Give Google time and they will screw up the their best apps.
Remember how good gmail -was- over a decade ago?
Liberals think everything needs fixed and proceed to do so until broke:silly:

Couldn't have said it better myself !!! :good::good:

I-Siamak-I

Oct 31, 2015
I'm a long time Adguard user, no adds in apps, browser, nowhere
When I search google play store I only see :AdGuard: Content Blocker for Samsung and Yandex
and it says " AdGuard Content Blocker is a free Android app that blocks ads in the Yandex browser and Samsung Internet mobile browser without root permissions. This AdGuard’s ad-blocking app works specifically in these two web browsers."
is there another version that you use for system wide ads?

Limeybastard

Oct 3, 2013
Florida unfortunately.
My advice would be plain and simple.
Use Samsung Internet Browser.
I know it's not perfect, but for me not bad at all.
I'm sure it's a good alternative.?

I really got so fed up with YouTube ads that i looked for a good straight forward alternative...
(I also did not want to use YouTube Vance etc..)
Saw remarks about Samsung internet browser,
started using it,
Very surprised, it was fast smooth etc.

With Samsung offering , free to install, add ons, to the browser....
AdBlockers and also a free to install, YouTube AdBlocker,
See screenshot.
i must admit i have not seen one advert, when browsing YouTube.
Note
I'm logged into YouTube with my Google account.

So my advice is to use Samsung Internet Browser
to browse YouTube until you get a better option.?
Good luck.
Im also a fan of samsung browser but that butt ugly grey color they use is absolutely disgusting.

willcor

Oct 2, 2008
Im also a fan of samsung browser but that butt ugly grey color they use is absolutely disgusting.

My Samsung Internet Browser, is not grey..?
It's black, as in black.... ..!
Settings itself is a bit greyish but other web pages black
see example YouTube page. Google etc
All i did was in Samsung Internet Browser /settings / Dark mode / or if you wish.... Light mode...
see screenshot.s
Good luck

Post note
Forgot to mention.....
Your device has to be set to Dark Mode overall,
then in Samsung Internet settings set also to Dark mode.

I also see what you mean with that grey ish.....!
Yes, some websites is mixture of that grey and black...!
So i guess you are right.... . with that "ugly grey".!

On my Note 20 i use Samsung Internet
mostly for YouTube and then YouTube, is black for me.
On my Samsung Tablet, i do use Vance.
Good luck.

Last edited:

willcor

Oct 2, 2008
When I search google play store I only see :AdGuard: Content Blocker for Samsung and Yandex
and it says " AdGuard Content Blocker is a free Android app that blocks ads in the Yandex browser and Samsung Internet mobile browser without root permissions. This AdGuard’s ad-blocking app works specifically in these two web browsers."
is there another version that you use for system wide ads?

Yes ,that's correct.... see link

https://adguard.com/en/welcome.html...IjaS_YA0wyXcduHORliYYD-qxzEuZgAkaAtjtEALw_wcB

It is not in the Play store...
Google does not take kindly to AdBlocker apps...!

I have got Adguard Premium... ( but there is a free version.)
For System, in apps adverts, games etc
very very good.... excellent.....
The best.!
Been using it for years.!
Unfortunately it struggles with ads in YouTube.

Then I have got separate Adguard for Samsung internet.
Then i also have Adguard VPN...
Works smoothly and integrates well into Adguard Prime.
(Very easy to use.)
Free version , Adguard VPN gives you 3 Gigs. data
Subscription.. unlimited data.
See screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201114-105322_AdGuard.jpg
    Screenshot_20201114-105322_AdGuard.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020

What, what, what?!!!
My Samsung browsers are have pure black backgrounds.
You running in dark mode and/or browser theme?
Or is this yet another Q or 20U glitch?
Or did Sammy screw this up with a recent browser update?

I tend to avoid updating anything if it's running well... unless the update has tangible gains I want.
The latest Brave update screwed up the blocker toggles and still didn't get dark mode right... and no way to save bookmarks directly as a file. Goofballs.
Take a look at your firewall as Brave can be a real hog running constantly in the background.
I may toss this app soon.

Limeybastard

Oct 3, 2013
Florida unfortunately.
What, what, what?!!!
My Samsung browsers are have pure black backgrounds.
You running in dark mode and/or browser theme?
Or is this yet another Q or 20U glitch?
Or did Sammy screw this up with a recent browser update?

I tend to avoid updating anything if it's running well... unless the update has tangible gains I want.
The latest Brave update screwed up the blocker toggles and still didn't get dark mode right... and no way to save bookmarks directly as a file. Goofballs.
Take a look at your firewall as Brave can be a real hog running constantly in the background.
I may toss this app soon.

Ten percent or less is pure black on samsung browser. Just those areas behind the results are dark. Rest is dark grey.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020

Ten percent or less is pure black on samsung browser. Just those areas behind the results are dark. Rest is dark grey.

That's acceptable and neccessary. On the new Brave dark theme you can't easily see reply boxes and end up guessing where they are on some sites... lol that ain't working right at all. Plus instead of the pure black top/bottom bars tard Brave will show bright white sometimes. It will also juxtapose to white areas that should be medium grey on some websites.
Yeah that gets it... not.

No issues like that on Sammy, it's a dark neutral gray which is pretty damn near perfect for overall usability. Works well on all sites as best I can tell.
The only thing I don't like are the controls on the bottom... the rabid gerbils strike again.

Limeybastard

Oct 3, 2013
Florida unfortunately.
That's acceptable and neccessary. On the new Brave dark theme you can't easily see reply boxes and end up guessing where they are on some sites... lol that ain't working right at all. Plus instead of the pure black top/bottom bars tard Brave will show bright white sometimes. It will also juxtapose to white areas that should be medium grey on some websites.
Yeah that gets it... not.

No issues like that on Sammy, it's a dark neutral gray which is pretty damn near perfect for overall usability. Works well on all sites as best I can tell.
The only thing I don't like are the controls on the bottom... the rabid gerbils strike again.
But you agree samsung browser ain't no black bear.

copota

Jun 29, 2012
USA
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
I use the Firefox Browser with uBlock Add-on, plus Dark Reader Add-on to get a dark mode in YouTube. Simply bookmark YouTube in Firefox, and add the bookmark to your home screen, and it's like you're using the YouTube app. Plus, it even keeps playing when the screen is locked so you can continue listening to the videos.

Only downside I found, is the fullscreen aspect ratio is not the same like in the YouTube app. Firefox does some weird cropping, but not a deal breaker for me, especially since I get full ad-blocking in Firefox.

These days I avoid any and all apps that require to be installed outside of the Play Store. I have too many banking apps on my phone, and want the security of the phone uncompromised. Also, using apps like AdGuard? You do realize you're sending your data through thier servers to get ad-blocking. Not very secure if you ask me.

Back in the day, when I rooted my phones, nothing beat AdAway from F-Droid. But, as I mentionind, I stay clear of rooting, ROMs, 3rd party DNS servers, and apps outside of the Play Store.

Tonyy1206

Feb 14, 2018
I use the Firefox Browser with uBlock Add-on, plus Dark Reader Add-on to get a dark mode in YouTube. Simply bookmark YouTube in Firefox, and add the bookmark to your home screen, and it's like you're using the YouTube app. Plus, it even keeps playing when the screen is locked so you can continue listening to the videos.

Only downside I found, is the fullscreen aspect ratio is not the same like in the YouTube app. Firefox does some weird cropping, but not a deal breaker for me, especially since I get full ad-blocking in Firefox.

These days I avoid any and all apps that require to be installed outside of the Play Store. I have too many banking apps on my phone, and want the security of the phone uncompromised. Also, using apps like AdGuard? You do realize you're sending your data through thier servers to get ad-blocking. Not very secure if you ask me.

Back in the day, when I rooted my phones, nothing beat AdAway from F-Droid. But, as I mentionind, I stay clear of rooting, ROMs, 3rd party DNS servers, and apps outside of the Play Store.
go through all that just to use YouTube lol. & You avoid apps outside the playstore for security reasons but use Add-on extensions that would do the same thing as an app. I encourage you to check the permissions needed for Ublock & Dark Reader addon to be installed. Same permissions an app would ask for. Only way a phone gets compromised is if you let it by not having Two-Factor Authentication in all your accounts and notifications of unrecognized devices or ip addresses.

Top Liked Posts