Ad blocking app that works with Q ?

Search This thread

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Google Pixel 7 Pro
For years I used AdClear, which did the job perfectly; all ads were removed in-browser and in-apps. I'm on android Q Beta, and it doesn't block ads anymore. I tried Adguard, but that doesn't block ads on Q either. I am not rooted. Have you got any suggestions for an ad blocking app that works with Q, no root? Not just browser but apps as well? Thanks!

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
Last edited:
Reactions: StrangerWeather

moosc

Feb 21, 2010
Charlotte NC

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190327-090547.png
    Screenshot_20190327-090547.png
    246.7 KB · Views: 305

matraca

Oct 27, 2013
For browser use brave browser, I am also on Q beta and that is what I am using, it works great. As far as in app ads I don't have that problem as I have bought all my apps.

PugRallye

Mar 3, 2012
Hi, just come across this app bit it doesn't seem to block what look like Google ads on XDA and The Guardian (for example)

I've tried various configs without joy.

I'm on beta 3 btw

Anyone got any tips for how I can get this sorted please?

Thanks in advance

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi, just come across this app bit it doesn't seem to block what look like Google ads on XDA and The Guardian (for example)

I've tried various configs without joy.

I'm on beta 3 btw

Anyone got any tips for how I can get this sorted please?

Thanks in advance

Hi, I wasn't satisfied with Blokada in the end. I am now using Adlock which I found on XDA labs, and I find it excellent. There is a trial period after which it is not free anymore, but not very expensive either. May be it can help? Also, for XDA, if you use the full version of XDA Labs (which is free), there are no ads.

PugRallye

Mar 3, 2012
Thanks for the tip about Adlock, I'll have a look at that.

It works with beta 3 and blocks everything does it?

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Looks like Alock is blocking the ads here and on The Guardian that the other ad-blockers weren't.

I'll see how I get in with it over the next couple of weeks and will buy it if it works well.

Thanks again for the suggestion...

Reactions: StrangerWeather

Top Liked Posts