• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Ad blocking mod

Search This thread

tomerstern

Feb 11, 2011
Moving over to the S10e from the S8 Plus (both non-rooted), I'm trying to find a mod which blocks ads all across the system.
I applied something in the past to my S8 which blocks almost all ads, but I can't remember what it is. I can see that I have DNS66 and Disconnect Me Pro installed, both are not running.
So what could be the thing which blocks all of my ads?

In short, looking for a solution to block most if not all ads on my Galaxy S10e.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Reactions: M3H3D1

Sathandwf

Nov 29, 2013
Moving over to the S10e from the S8 Plus (both non-rooted), I'm trying to find a mod which blocks ads all across the system.
I applied something in the past to my S8 which blocks almost all ads, but I can't remember what it is. I can see that I have DNS66 and Disconnect Me Pro installed, both are not running.
So what could be the thing which blocks all of my ads?

In short, looking for a solution to block most if not all ads on my Galaxy S10e.

Thanks a lot in advance.

I'm using this dns.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190531-230751_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190531-230751_Settings.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 6,860

Glotttis

Mar 2, 2013
I'm afraid system wide ad blocking is no longer effective. App developers got really smart with ad integrations. I tried DNS solution and Adhell (before it shut down). Nothing works, all popular apps that get frequent updates show ads.

G

GuestK00377

I'm afraid system wide ad blocking is no longer effective. App developers got really smart with ad integrations. I tried DNS solution and Adhell (before it shut down). Nothing works, all popular apps that get frequent updates show ads.
Disconnect pro

Glotttis

Mar 2, 2013

I tried all the methods that are available. There are many apps where I can't block ads no matter what I try. For example Duolingo app, when it loads an ad not a single ad blocker detected anything! I think many apps and games are smartly programmed to deliver ads from the same server as app content and there is nothing any ad blocker can do. Just like Youtube app.

Last edited:
G

GuestK00377

I tried all the methods that are available. There are many apps where I can't block ads no matter what I try. For example Duolingo app, when it loads an ad not a single ad blocker detected anything! I think many apps and games are smartly programmed to deliver ads from the same server as app content and there is nothing any ad blocker can do. Just like Youtube app.

Disconnect pro is system wide adblocker for samsung devices which is powered by knox. its available in galaxy app store for $23

Jannomag

Sep 20, 2015
Hamburg
Disconnect Pro isn't worth the money. $23 for an app that just block traffic but doesn't allow any filters or exclusions except "trusted apps" is quiet expensive.
I tried the app once and wasn't a big fan of it. It works, but nothing more.

Adguards dns is completely for free and with a Tasker quick toggle you can easily switch it off when needed...without to start or restart any app.
I can share my Tasker settings, if someone wants it. I also created a task to disable the DNS if I'm connected to some public WiFi networks where the DNS isn't supported.

|||||

Jul 21, 2016
I used adaway with many devices, it works very good.
But sometimes I had to deactivate it, to see some content.

Top Liked Posts