• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ADB and Fastboot issue on Galaxy Tab S7

Search This thread

wolfyj1

Mar 20, 2020
hesperia
I am having trouble using the adb pull to root a brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 with Android 11 using Magisk. I did the date change to get the OEM unlock available. I was then able to unlock the bootloader and turned on the USB debugging and get the message every time it starts that the bootloader is unlocked. I downloaded the Magisk from github.com v23.0. Then copied the AP TAR file for my stock firmware to do the patch in Magisk. I have a file in my download folder named “magisk_patched-23000_H5VRc.tar”. I am using the “adb pull /sdcard/download/magisk_patched_[random_strings].tar” but keep getting things like:

1) adb: error: failed to stat remote object '/sdcard/download/magisk_patched_[random_strings].tar': No such file or directory

2) adb: error: failed to get feature set: device unauthorized.
This adb server's $ADB_VENDOR_KEYS is not set
Try 'adb kill-server' if that seems wrong.
Otherwise check for a confirmation dialog on your device.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I would be open to any sugestions.

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
Code:
adb pull
is used to copy files / directory from your phone to your computer

Synthax:
Code:
adb pull <device file location> <local file location>

To copy files / directory from computer to phone you have to use
Code:
adb push

Last edited:

wolfyj1

Mar 20, 2020
hesperia
Ok so in the internal storage of my tab is a file called “download” in that file is something named “magisk_patched-23000_H5VRc.tar”.

So I guess my question is if I use “adb pull /sdcard/download/magisk_patched_[random_strings].tar” will the computer go to the internal storage on the tab in the download folder and get the “magisk_patched-23000_H5VRc.tar” file?

Or should I use “adb pull /internal storage/download/ magisk_patched-23000_H5VRc.tar”? If so do I need to use underscore between internal and storage?

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
Take note that also ADB's pull command is size-limited.
It might therefore be advantageous to first unpack the TAR file on the phone, and then transfer the desired files to the computer with adb pull

Last edited:

wolfyj1

Mar 20, 2020
hesperia
Android's file / directoy names are case sensitive.

Knowing this the directory name in question is /sdcard/Download.
I was hoping that it was as simple as the capitalization of Download. Here is the message now.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb pull /sdcard/Download/magisk_patched_[random_strings].tar

adb: error: failed to stat remote object '/sdcard/Download/magisk_patched_[random_strings].tar': No such file or directory

Is it possible that my adb and fastboot program is not working correctly? I was hoping that there would be a simple fix for this. Guess not.

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
Portland, OR
I'm pretty sure that Samsung devices don't support fastboot mode. I've owned lots of them and fastboot has never been available. Instead we have download mode, which must be interfaced with via Odin or Heimdall, etc.

Of course, ADB should work, and is universally available on all Android devices.