• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

adb and fastboot

Search This thread

hell_on_acer

Dec 8, 2021
Hello, i want to reactivate my old acer A701 by flashing a newer img or zip.I have the following problems.When I try to do the recovery with a zip file on an sdcard i get the prop error.When i try to flash it by an img i always get i haven set the ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT even when I do an export ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT=/home/leopold/platform-tools.
A printenv shows the ANDROID_Product_OUT and the img is in platform-tools.
What is going wrong, what can i do?

D

Deleted member 1890170

You either apply Flash zip from sd from within Android's Recovery menu or you use external ADB Sideload command to flash a properly signed ZIP-file what contains the ROM, or you use external Fastboot Flash command to flash an IMG-file what requires device's bootloader is unlocked.

Last edited by a moderator:

hell_on_acer

Dec 8, 2021
Hello and thank you,
like i wrote above, i want to flash it.Now i found at another place i have to write:
sudo ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT="./" fastboot flashall recovery Az.img
when i do that, the flash is starting but then i get the error android-info.txt is missing.
So i guess i have a wrong image.
Does anybody have an image for the A701 with a newer android version.Or can give me a link.
My 4.1.1 does not recognice newer apps.
leopold

D

Deleted member 1890170

Take note that
Code:
fastboot flashall <ROM.IMG>
is to be used to flash a complete ROM, whereas
Code:
fastboot flash recovery <RECOVERY.IMG>
is to be used to flash only a Recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:

hell_on_acer

Dec 8, 2021
Ok, i understand but i m lost.
I have some imagees and some zip files what should work on my a701.
If I use fastboot with img, i get no android-txt found.
if I work with adb reboot recovery and the zip files I will allways get the partition error prop undefined.
Can I supress the search for the android -txt?
What else can I do?
one of the zip files is from here https://acer.shreps.fr/, it is the said stable kitkat.

D

Deleted member 1890170

If you have access to a Windows computer then make use of a Flash Tool what's suitable to the tablet. :)

hell_on_acer

Dec 8, 2021
Unfortunately i can not find a flashtool for the nividia tegra3.
I have some zip files what should work on the a701 but all have the error check partition size [-Prop_UNDEFINED-) then the installation will be aborted.
Is there a way to eliminate the partition check.
Or does somebody have a zip or an img with a working update or recovery for a recent Android working on the a701?