How To Guide [ADB DEBLOAT] [OOS 12, 11 & Custom ROMs] [2022.08.18 - v2.11] Extreme debloat your OnePlus 9

Search This thread
EXTREME DEBLOAT

Code:
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, asphyxiation due to lack of Oxygen,
ColorOS and OxygenOS migration,
existential crisis,
or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Hi!
First of all, this debloat.txt is heavily based on the work of SirTAVARES, but since his thread is no longer available i thought i might improve it and share.
This debloat file will wipe out almost everything from your phone. I use this debloat for daily usage and i don't see any problems.

Android 11

Support for Android 11 is discontinued.​

Get the v1.4 list here for Android 11 if the attachment below does not work.​

v1.4 - Tested with rooted OnePlus 9 running OxygenOS 11.2.9.9 LE25BA, Paranoid Android Ruby Alpha 2 and crDroid 20210716 build.

Known issues:
- If you have a WiFi network saved, using this debloat will make your phone forget the network.
Fix: If you connect to the network after using these, it won't forget it again.

- Phone lags for 10 seconds and a message with "Settings isn't responding" shows up whenever you open/go back to Bluetooth & Device Connection setting. However if you tap on "Wait" it'll go away, the setting will open and no problem. AFAIK it does not affect the actual functionalities of the settings.

*Changelog*

v1.0 - Release
v1.1 - Added oemtcma, Factory Mode, and Factory Mode Specialtest to the list.
v1.2 - [Comptible with up to OOS 11.2.7.7] Added Cloud Services, Charging Pilar, OnePlus Roaming, Membership, Secure Payment (experimental), Work-Life Balance to the list.
v1.21 - [Comptible with Paranoid Android Ruby Alpha 1] Added Abstruct from Paranoid Android.
v1.3 - [Comptible with Paranoid Android Ruby Alpha 2] Added Paranoid FaceSense to the list (experimental)
v1.4 - [Comptible with latest crDroid & OOS up to 11.2.9.9] Added LogCat, Jelly, Calendar, AudioFX, crDroid Music, Updater, Omni stuff, and some other apps to the list.
[DISCONTINUED]

Android 12​

v2.1 - Tested with rooted OnePlus 9 running OxygenOS 12.C60, LineageOS 19.1 (2022.06.12 build), and AOSPA Sapphire Beta (2022.06.11 build)

Get the list here if the attachment below does not work.

Yes, it's extreme. I use this for my liking, check the list before uninstalling!
Use at your own risk!

Features:
- Over 100 apps removed. Contains debloat for Google, OnePlus, and other apps
- Experimental Debloat:
GPS & Location
Always-on Display
- Almost everything can be downloaded from the Play Store if you accidentally removed something you didn't want to

(I recommend using the latest platform-tools for ADB)

Usage:
- Turn on USB Debugging
- In cmd type adb devices, and allow adb authorization on device
- Type adb shell
- (Optional) Type su
- Copy & paste the lines starting with "pm uninstall" to the cmd and press Enter. (You can select all or one-by-one too)
- Reboot & Enjoy :cool:

For reinstalling accidentally removed apps, try using
adb shell cmd package install-existing <package_name>

To do list:
Find other apps to remove :D

Known issues:
- Same as Android 11, see above

*Changelog*

v2.0 - Update to Android / OOS 12
v2.1 - [Comptible with latest LineageOS, AOSPA & OOS up to 12.C60] Added apps for OOS, LOS and AOSPA debloat.
v2.11 - Removed DocumentsUI from the list. (Some app depends on it)

*This could work with other devices with OOS / PA / crDroid running. Try and let me know*

Attachments

• Extreme Debloat - OnePlus 9 v1.4.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,047
  • Extreme Debloat - OnePlus 9 v2.11.txt
    10.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9
why llist all those app in your other stuff section? samsung, omnirom, mii, and various other OEM apps not on any OP phone. did you forget to clean up from a list? that paired with using pm uninstall instead of disable doesn't scream "run my script with confidence" :)

you say "Almost everything can be downloaded from the Play Store " but , not only is thats not true. many are OEM, you extreme debloating almost everything google but keep play store and services?, GPS, AR core,, location services and even webviewer. uninstalling the webviewer will break a a few settings that rely on it, as well as any application that decides to call on it for web content. webviewer is something that should be replaced, not removed.

just root and use magisk moduals made just for desires like that. google replicates uninstalled apps to the secondary slot for reboots in A11, thats why terminal de-bloater tricks it by removing the program but keeping files in the place google checks before deciding to repair itself.

PS check out ADB AppControl with built in de bloating. even offers to backup the programs for you prior (not the data, just apk but its better than nothing)

lastly, i tried to address your flair usage of how-to guide and authoritive writing but re-reading what i said just made me sound like a jerk. i just see someone googling this in the future and getting screwed, by them. Dont be afraid to ask questions when you are unsure about something and workshop initial builds with other members before throwing it out there as a guide.

Last edited:
why llist all those app in your other stuff section? samsung, omnirom, mii, and various other OEM apps not on any OP phone. did you forget to clean up from a list? that paired with using pm uninstall instead of disable doesn't scream "run my script with confidence" :)

you say "Almost everything can be downloaded from the Play Store " but , not only is thats not true. many are OEM, you extreme debloating almost everything google but keep play store and services?, GPS, AR core,, location services and even webviewer. uninstalling the webviewer will break a a few settings that rely on it, as well as any application that decides to call on it for web content. webviewer is something that should be replaced, not removed.

just root and use magisk moduals made just for desires like that. google replicates uninstalled apps to the secondary slot for reboots in A11, thats why terminal de-bloater tricks it by removing the program but keeping files in the place google checks before deciding to repair itself.

PS check out ADB AppControl with built in de bloating. even offers to backup the programs for you prior (not the data, just apk but its better than nothing)

lastly, i tried to address your flair usage of how-to guide and authoritive writing but re-reading what i said just made me sound like a jerk. i just see someone googling this in the future and getting screwed, by them. Dont be afraid to ask questions when you are unsure about something and workshop initial builds with other members before throwing it out there as a guide.

1. You don't need to use it, all i can say is that because it works for me, i thought i'd share it.
2. "Almost" means most of them, of course there are some that cannot be downloaded.
3. I clearly state in the file that removing stuff can be risky, i didn't say that it can be used with confidence

AxelM

Jul 10, 2007
OnePlus 9
Mh, always, when I use it, the abdroid calendar storage is no longer available...any ideas? And my calendar app stopps working...

Mh, always, when I use it, the abdroid calendar storage is no longer available...any ideas? And my calendar app stopps working...

The phone works normally without it, and because i don't use it this list will remove those apps.
You can try using adb shell cmd package install-existing <package_name> to reinstall them.

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9
this is the situation i was trying to show concern about arising. part of me sympathizes with users who just want better performance and what not and I still do feel OP should have worded this less vague and authoritative because I feel most replies will be from users who assume this is a fleshed out guide and not something slapped together hastily and contains some mis-truths, applicable situations and errors.

That all being said, OP did title it extreme debloat, which is a pretty clear and easy to comprehend so anyone just running this without a considerable understanding of what it does or how it does it is just shooting themselves on the foot.

Don't run extreme de-bloats blindly and don't assume what one user is fine with removing is what you'll be ok with. Also, dont run pm uninstall on anything unless you are 100% sure you know exactly what it is, you will never need it again and if so, know how to install it again. pm disable exists for a reason and more should be aware of it.

If you find yourself habitually dealing with situaitons of something you need or not working, you should probably reinstall the OS. this is a extreme debloat and removes many things that arent easy to just reinstall on their own. (cant state this enough, OP did title it extreme debloat)

Last edited:

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9
If people still want to run this and arent 100% sure they want to commit to the same level of debloat as OP, do yourselves a favor and copy the commands into a word processor and find and replace pm uninstall with pm disable-user --user 0.

OP says "
For reinstall accidentally removed apps, use
adb shell cmd package install-existing <package_name>"

but did you make a copy of the apk before running the script? do you know where its located to point the command to? many of the apks this removes arent even accessible without root folder access. some also cant just be downloaded so if you need something back, you will more than likely be reinstalling the OS.

OP, unless you enjoy replying to people asking how to get "X" back or wondering why "Y" is gone, maybe re-word some things and clarify some of the comments you made. Im not out here trying to belittle you or make you feel any type of way. i guarantee theres millions of things you know and do better than i and thats amazing, thats what makes people coming together and working on outcomes so awesome. or if you are someone who sees anyone offering suggestions/corrections as a personal attack and just want to run a thread with you constantly on the defensive, thats fine too. I really am just trying to prevent people breaking their phones (regaurdless if they deserve it or not becuse, in the end, its titled extreme debloat, come on people lol)

AxelM

Jul 10, 2007
OnePlus 9
@applyscience: I totally understand your concerns. I checked all the names of the the unistalled files beforehand, but misinterpreted this one. It costs me some time, but fortunatly I work with titanium and so I was able within 3h to get everything to normal.
@_MartyMan_ : I just change the code to my goals and now everything works fine.
Did you know the code, where the files are just frozen, because than you can try it out first and than delete them...

Last edited:
Reactions: applyscience

TikiThePug

Feb 10, 2013
OnePlus 9
ASUS ZenFone 8
Thanks for the list, OP. Always nice to have a breakdown of the debloat apps.

Just as a suggestion to those who do not want to uninstall and feel more comfortable just disabling the apps, you can replace the first part of the commands in the ADB script from:
Code:
pm uninstall --user 0
to:
Code:
pm disable-user
Doing this will also save the state of the app even after doing an OS update.

fossils-n-dents

@_MartyMan

THANK YOU for this guide. I'm rocking the OP 9 5g Pro. My first Oneplus device I decided upon because Facebook does NOT ship with it. And the camera.

As a root enthusiast (Privacy concerns), removing the absolute trash apps embedded in carrier-sponsored Android in the U.S. MUST be done before my device gets it's data turned on.

And your delightful list (All Uninstall) is just what I needed. None of the apps I deleted are ever going to be needed in my life.

Slightly more privacy, and my battery idled on 100% for 5 hours.

I'm off to F-Droid for my usual lineup.

Thank You Again!!!

Reactions: _MartyMan_

RonnieDoitch

Feb 2, 2022
Does this actually remove the package/application from the phone, i.e. I get the storage space back that the app was taking up? Or does it only disable the app from 'user 0' and the storage space is unnaffected? I want to permanently remove some packages and so far everything I have seen regarding ADB is that it doesnt remove the pacakge/app, it merely disables it from the primary user.

I am considering rooting and using TWRP or Magisk to permanently remove the packages, but if ADB actually removes them, and I get my storage space back, then I will stick to ADB.

Also, why not remove com.oneplus.brickmode? Its OnePlus's Zen Mode as far as I can tell and is completely worthless. If I am wrong please correct me so I can re-enable this package.

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9 Pro
Does this actually remove the package/application from the phone, i.e. I get the storage space back that the app was taking up? Or does it only disable the app from 'user 0' and the storage space is unnaffected? I want to permanently remove some packages and so far everything I have seen regarding ADB is that it doesnt remove the pacakge/app, it merely disables it from the primary user.

I am considering rooting and using TWRP or Magisk to permanently remove the packages, but if ADB actually removes them, and I get my storage space back, then I will stick to ADB.

Also, why not remove com.oneplus.brickmode? Its OnePlus's Zen Mode as far as I can tell and is completely worthless. If I am wrong please correct me so I can re-enable this package.
I'm unsure. Your correct looked it up it's Zen mode your probably fine. I uninstalled Zen mode through titanium it shows this now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-02-03-13-17-46-22_e2956caca62cc7165450c78e62e6229f.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-02-03-13-17-46-22_e2956caca62cc7165450c78e62e6229f.jpg
    543.5 KB · Views: 89

It's still there, it's only removed for the current user. All i know is that is does not show up in Greenify so i think it's not running in the background.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EXTREME DEBLOAT

Code:
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, asphyxiation due to lack of Oxygen,
    ColorOS and OxygenOS migration,
    existential crisis,
    or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Hi!
    First of all, this debloat.txt is heavily based on the work of SirTAVARES, but since his thread is no longer available i thought i might improve it and share.
    This debloat file will wipe out almost everything from your phone. I use this debloat for daily usage and i don't see any problems.

Android 11

Support for Android 11 is discontinued.​

Get the v1.4 list here for Android 11 if the attachment below does not work.​

v1.4 - Tested with rooted OnePlus 9 running OxygenOS 11.2.9.9 LE25BA, Paranoid Android Ruby Alpha 2 and crDroid 20210716 build.

Known issues:
    - If you have a WiFi network saved, using this debloat will make your phone forget the network.
    Fix: If you connect to the network after using these, it won't forget it again.

- Phone lags for 10 seconds and a message with "Settings isn't responding" shows up whenever you open/go back to Bluetooth & Device Connection setting. However if you tap on "Wait" it'll go away, the setting will open and no problem. AFAIK it does not affect the actual functionalities of the settings.

*Changelog*

v1.0 - Release
    v1.1 - Added oemtcma, Factory Mode, and Factory Mode Specialtest to the list.
    v1.2 - [Comptible with up to OOS 11.2.7.7] Added Cloud Services, Charging Pilar, OnePlus Roaming, Membership, Secure Payment (experimental), Work-Life Balance to the list.
    v1.21 - [Comptible with Paranoid Android Ruby Alpha 1] Added Abstruct from Paranoid Android.
    v1.3 - [Comptible with Paranoid Android Ruby Alpha 2] Added Paranoid FaceSense to the list (experimental)
    v1.4 - [Comptible with latest crDroid & OOS up to 11.2.9.9] Added LogCat, Jelly, Calendar, AudioFX, crDroid Music, Updater, Omni stuff, and some other apps to the list.
    [DISCONTINUED]

Android 12​

v2.1 - Tested with rooted OnePlus 9 running OxygenOS 12.C60, LineageOS 19.1 (2022.06.12 build), and AOSPA Sapphire Beta (2022.06.11 build)

Get the list here if the attachment below does not work.

Yes, it's extreme. I use this for my liking, check the list before uninstalling!
    Use at your own risk!

Features:
    - Over 100 apps removed. Contains debloat for Google, OnePlus, and other apps
    - Experimental Debloat:
    GPS & Location
    Always-on Display
    - Almost everything can be downloaded from the Play Store if you accidentally removed something you didn't want to

(I recommend using the latest platform-tools for ADB)

Usage:
    - Turn on USB Debugging
    - In cmd type adb devices, and allow adb authorization on device
    - Type adb shell
    - (Optional) Type su
    - Copy & paste the lines starting with "pm uninstall" to the cmd and press Enter. (You can select all or one-by-one too)
    - Reboot & Enjoy :cool:

For reinstalling accidentally removed apps, try using
    adb shell cmd package install-existing <package_name>

To do list:
    Find other apps to remove :D

Known issues:
    - Same as Android 11, see above

*Changelog*

v2.0 - Update to Android / OOS 12
    v2.1 - [Comptible with latest LineageOS, AOSPA & OOS up to 12.C60] Added apps for OOS, LOS and AOSPA debloat.
    v2.11 - Removed DocumentsUI from the list. (Some app depends on it)

*This could work with other devices with OOS / PA / crDroid running. Try and let me know*
    Updated with new apps for OOS, AOSP, and LOS. Enjoy :D
    First bit of development for our beloved op9. Fantastic
    @applyscience: I totally understand your concerns. I checked all the names of the the unistalled files beforehand, but misinterpreted this one. It costs me some time, but fortunatly I work with titanium and so I was able within 3h to get everything to normal.
    @_MartyMan_ : I just change the code to my goals and now everything works fine.
    Did you know the code, where the files are just frozen, because than you can try it out first and than delete them...
    D
    Deleted member 1755208
    just use