[ADB | FASTBOOT | LINUX COMMANDS] BootLoader, Kernel, Recovery, ROM, Root, Backup

lordaker

Aug 11, 2019
Dakar
Afternoon,

I try to reinstall my Infininx Smart 2 X5515 by using the firmware from the url below:
https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-23850.html

Infinix X5515 Smart 2 (X5515-H398DEG-GO-180903V166) [Factory / Signed]

But nothing work and the phone is unusable. I install the recovery.img file by using ADB/Fastboot(macOS)
But when I reboot to recovery mode, the logo of Infinix appear and reboot again, appear for a while and reboot
again. :(:(:(:(:(:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Code:
the-webinarts:tools thewebinarts$ ./fastboot update 
.DS_Store                        emulator                         recovery-verified.img
NOTICE.txt                       emulator-check                   recovery.img
X5515-H398DEG-GO-180903V166.zip  fastboot                         source.properties
adb                              lib/                             support/
android                          mksdcard                         system.img
bin/                             monitor                          twrp/
boot-verified.img                package.xml                      twrp.img
boot.img                         proguard/                        vendor.img
the-webinarts:tools thewebinarts$ ./fastboot update X5515-H398DEG-GO-180903V166.zip 
--------------------------------------------
Bootloader Version...: 
Baseband Version.....: 
Serial Number........: 
--------------------------------------------
archive does not contain 'android-info.txt'
fastboot: error: could not read android-info.txt
When I type the following cmd below to know the version of fastboot I use and the product:

Code:
the-webinarts:tools thewebinarts$ ./fastboot getvar version
version: 0.5
Finished. Total time: 0.003s
the-webinarts:tools thewebinarts$
Code:
the-webinarts:tools thewebinarts$ ./fastboot getvar product
product: KEYTAK6580_WEG_L
Finished. Total time: 0.003s
the-webinarts:tools thewebinarts$ ;
Do you have a good process who works well for my model?
S/N: H6N2 (This is the Serial number of my phone)

Last edited:

mirfatif

Oct 18, 2016
Last edited:

Swagnik

Aug 21, 2018
Kolkata
Few months ago I was actually I was trying to fix a Moto device!!!
At that time I found a adb or Fastboot command (most probably fastboot) which displays every single details about the device starting from root access, cpu, gpu, clock speeds and every single details!!!

But unfortunately I lost the command nd now I need it!!!
So if anybody knows it plz ...........!!
Thanks.................:good:

piotr1953

Jun 30, 2019
Bricked lg g5 in qdl mode

Hi guys!

BACKUP / RESTORE APPS & DATA (From/To PC)

Is it still possible on Android Nougat/Oreo on last Samsung devices?

Thanks!

BRICKED LG G5 IN QDL MODE
[35158.598244] usb 2-3: Qualcomm USB modem converter now attached to ttyUSB0
[email protected]:/$ adb tcpip ttyUSB0
error: device '(null)' not found

[email protected]:/$ adb devices -l
List of devices attached

[email protected]:/$

[email protected]:~$ fastboot devices
[email protected]:~$

May I ask how to use it???
Vale Piotr

Uredie

May 20, 2014
Hey, i have one problem. When im trying to backup whole internal storage to PC, im using
Code:
adb pull "/sdcard" "C:/11"
This works perfectly, but when i try to copy those files to my internal phone storage with command
Code:
adb push "C:/11/sdcard/" "/sdcard/"
It makes just SDCARD(with copied files) folder in internal storage instead of copy files from this folder to Internal storage.

How to copy from PC folder named SDCARD to internat storage? Do i need to copy every catalog with another command specified
Code:
adb push "C:/11/sdcard/DCIM" "/sdcard/"
?
Maybe im misunderstanding something, but it dont make difference if i wrote
Code:
adb push "C:/11/sdcard/" "/sdcard/"
or
Code:
adb push "C:/11/sdcard/" "/sdcard"
It still make sdcard folder in my storage.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Globs has nothing to do with file extensions. On mostly shells * matches only non-hidden files. dotglob (.*[/ICODE) ensures that hidden files (starting with a [ICODE].) are also matched.
Aa I said, its no biggie for me, but, by "globs", there are plenty of files other than "globs" that do not have file extensions. My understanding (and I did a quick check) of a "glob", is that specifically HAS a file extension. eg. *.txt And yes, I inderstand that hidden files are basically all file extension (if they dont have one already). But I am taking about files specifically without any dot.

I am NIOT talking about hidden files, I am taking abourt ones without any dot whatsoever. First to mind are boot scripts (which you may have backed up on your SDCard), also album art is stored as a JPG without any extension, and on your SDCard (so you would hope to back that up). Android has many uses of files without dots in the name. So I dont see how .* could match a file name important_secret_data i.e. no dot

Clearl;y I do not care too much personally, otherwise I would do the test, but :meh: Someone who does care should simply check if I am wrong before depending on it.

Reactions: Uredie

HemanthJabalpuri

Feb 19, 2018
Repalle, India
t.me
Android has many uses of files without dots in the name. So I dont see how .* could match a file name important_secret_data i.e. no dot

Clearly I do not care too much personally, otherwise I would do the test, but :meh: Someone who does care should simply check if I am wrong before depending on it.
run these in terminal, you can get a better idea.
Code:
echo >./.hasdot
echo >./noext
ls .*
@mirfatif
It seems like this dotglob is copying the parent directory contents too, since .. is also a hidden entry. With this it pushes the same entries two times.

@Uredie
you can try this adb push C:/11/sdcard/. /sdcard/.

Last edited:

Uredie

May 20, 2014
@HemanthJabalpuri and all others thanks for answers :) You are making great community ;)

Looks like it works, it put file from FolderA directly to /sdcard on phone without making folder :)

So if im not wrong, the best idea to copy all files from phone and then copy everything directly to phone is:
Code:
adb pull /sdcard C:/BackupFolder

then

adb push C:/BackupFolder/. /sdcard/
I have couple more questions.

1)The same files are overwrited or skipped while copying?
2)Did somebody have problem that when you copied files by this way and then backed up, photos have f. up made date? Like old photos have new date and it show as new in Google Photos.
3)I forgot what else I was supposed to write, I edit later if I remember
Edit 3) Remember already. I Was curious about 1 thing but it's already cleared.
When you have for example DCIM on phone, then backed up from PC folders with DCIM inside it will merge folders, just like copy files from DCIM pc to DCIM phone.
I was curious because if i was copying files on phone it was making something like DCIM(1).

Last edited:

mirfatif

Oct 18, 2016
@Uredie @DiamondJohn @HemanthJabalpuri thanks for your contribution.

In fact the behavior of globbing and wildcards differs widely even among *NIX shells. Windows is a different world altogether. The debate seems to be off-topic here. And I'm no way more than an ordinary shell user. That's why I linked the basic explanation on Wikipedia. There are great resources on internet like this and this which satisfactorily resolve this matter already.

Hope it helps.