ADB/Fastboot tools debloat safe list

Search This thread
G

GuestD2160

How do I delete the gallery and the themes app in Miui?

Fellas, I want to remove these two apps but am unable to find what removes these. Also are these safe to remove? I've been thinking of using photos as my default gallery for a long time. Thanks!

bedalus

Jan 2, 2015
Chester
Szaki (Developer of the tool from post 5) has removed option for MIUI Cloud, so probably a good idea to keep that one for now. I think this is to prevent lock-out.

I had a problem unable to use adb. Might as well post what fixed it for me in case it helps others:
Disconnect USB between PC and device.
Stop adb server by entering "adb kill-server" in command window.
On device use "Revoke USB debugging authorizations" in "Developer Options"
On PC delete "adbkey" file in user directory, for example "[username]\.android"
Reconnect the device to the PC.

The window "Allow access [mac address] etc..." never appeared on my phone screen the first time. Took me ages to find this solution. After this the tool worked fine. Feels good to debloat :)

thebazman

Mar 7, 2009
Glasgow
Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools 6.8.1

Do a search and download. It's got a Gui and straight forward to use.
Will debloat and is a program i have used successfully multiple times.

wrong thread oops..

Last edited:

Calingo

Oct 13, 2013
On The Dark Side
More Apps

Nice list appreciate the work :good:
While I was happy with most of the apps mentioned, I still had a lot of bloatware running on my system and also these apps where not visible in the
Xiaomi ADB & Fastboot Tools app list
But after quick google search I have a tool which imported all my apps to the app list.

XiaomiADBFastbootTools-DLG - Debloat list creator
I could manage all my apps from there, bulk uninstall, bulk disabled.
Which allowed me to delete some very useless apps installed in the system which where previously not showing in the list.
went from (2.3 GB of 4GB Used) to (1.7GB of 4GB Used)

So here is the list of apps that I have disabled and have not encountered any issues : (I have a Tablet Device and I don't use it for calls so I have disabled some call related apps - don't do that )

AiAsstVision
Analytics
BlockedNumberProvider
DownloadProviderUi
FM
FM_TEST
FindDevice
Health
HybridAccessory
HybridPlatform
Joyose
KSICibaEngine
MSA
MiLinkService2
MiLiveAssistant
MiPlayClient
MiRadio
MiService
Mipay
MiuiDaemon
MiuiVideo
NextPay
PaymentService
PersonalAssistant
QuickSearchBox
SogouInput
TSMClient
Telecom
TranslationService
UPTsmService
VipAccount
VirtualSim
VoiceAssist
VoiceTrigger
VsimCore
WMService
XMCloudEngine
XMPass
XMRemoteController
XiaomiServiceFramework
XiaomiSimActivateService
YellowPage
YouDaoEngine
mab

Last edited:
Reactions: xyster_v

uglypish06

Nov 20, 2019
I tried uninstalling msa it went hard brick lmao

Edit: I think for now revoking msa is the best option and disabling all those ads in every miui app settings

Last edited:

mig33

Aug 14, 2012
Samsung Galaxy A55
have you downloaded the program from github? Its a fully gui - click and delete. its for all current versions of miui as far as the developer has said. personally i'm on 10.4.4.0. The list that it gives you to delete are considered "safe to delete apps" - worst case i guess you soft brick.and need to do a factory reset. The app also leaves all the .apks for you to reinstall should something misbehave.

Sir can I have questions. My device still locked bootloader and I want to debloat my redmi note 8 pro. its is safe enough to do. Can a device with locked bootloader to bricked until factory reset not helping anymore. Or I must UBL and do brick prevention steps to do debloat system app just to be safe?

Sorry for bad english.

Fritzkier

Jan 12, 2016
Sir can I have questions. My device still locked bootloader and I want to debloat my redmi note 8 pro. its is safe enough to do. Can a device with locked bootloader to bricked until factory reset not helping anymore. Or I must UBL and do brick prevention steps to do debloat system app just to be safe?

Sorry for bad english.

You don't need to unlock the bootloader. If you're afraid of bricking your phone, only remove apps on the safe list.

Reactions: mig33

ni6hant

Nov 13, 2017
New Delhi
Why do you need to remove Downloads? Isn't that an important application?

---------- Post added at 05:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 AM ----------

Also, I think removing Recorder might cause issues with auto call recording feature.

Muad.Dib

does this applies to redmi note 8 (normal not pro) ???

When this thread is for RN8PRO, you can safely use the same method to debloat your phone.
Being the same eco-system (MIUI) it is safe to assume, both device will have about the same behavior when it comes to disabling apps from their respective OS being MIUI for both of them.
That said, what worked for one might not work exactly the same for the other, and if you keep in mind it is often best to simply disable Google/MIUI related apps, you should normally be quite safe.
It is also trials and failures which will give you the best results for you.

Why do you need to remove Downloads? Isn't that an important application?

Also, I think removing Recorder might cause issues with auto call recording feature.

Myself I have not disabled download for the same reason as you, thinking it may be used by some other apps I may be using in the OS.

Same goes for the recording, as I am using the call recording feature myself, like you I assumed it might be needed. Not to mention I am not ruling out yet of using the recorder by itself from time to time.

In the end what works for one because of his/her certain uses of his/her device, might not work exactly the same for an other user with other specific uses. But with some little logic we can already remove a lot of stuff we have no use for (ads, statistics, reports etc etc...).

Good Luck!

Hope this helps ;)

Last edited:

Muad.Dib

For those who debloated their phones, just a word of notice if you are willing to use Casting built-in function to mirror your screen for example, some services are needed:

Those two services are needed for casting to work:
Mi Connect Service (com.xiaomi.mi_connect_service)
UniPlay Service (com.milink.service)

So if you debloated your phone you need those two back on and running. If they are, search for remote display happens and remote displays are found as expected.

So if you went a bit aggressive on anything you did not feel like being needed, you may want to reenable those :)

Hope this helps.

Gajendra12345

Mar 8, 2020
HELP NEEDED for VPN Dialogs App restore

Hi guys,
I have uninstalled all the necessary bloatwares using adb fastboot tool using commands, from my unrooted redmi note 7 pro & it's working too good but there is one problem as I accidentally "UNINSTALLED VPN DIALOGS APP" & now I am unable to use those 3rd party VPN apps to connect to other servers & I really don't wish to do a factory reset & again restore my device for just that small App, is there any method that can help me to connect to other servers using 3rd party VPN Apps( Specially for PUBG) ??
Please Help
Thanks,

Last edited:

Nihat2003lol

Jul 7, 2019
Hey gang, i have been working my way slowly through the adb/fastboot tools debloat list on the N8P and here is a list of the apps that i have uninstalled so far. My device is rock solid with no issues, and i'm seeing around 13 hours of sot so far.

heres the list, i'll update every once in a while as i slowly uninstall more.

Analytics
Android accessibility suite
app vault
browser
calendar
compass
Catchlog
digital wellbeing
downloads
fm radio
facebook
feedback
freeform
games
gmail
google app
google duo
google lens
joyose
msa
market feedback agent
mi credit
mi drop
mi pay
mi video
mi wallpaper
miui daemon
music
notes
PAI
Partner bookmarks
partner netflix activation
quick apps
quick ball
recorder
scanner
translation service
weather
WMService
yellow pages

what about Baidu IME for MIUI which comes with china version?

Tinderbox (UK)

Mar 31, 2010
England, UK
Using ADB I decided to disable games instead of removing it.
But when i try to enable it i get an fail error.
The games is still in the uninstall list, So i tried uninstalling it and then re-installing it, But game still shows in the disabled list.
I cannot find games in my phones app list.

So i did a "full factory" reset and then ran ADB on my PC again, But games is still showing as disabled, And is not in my in phone app list.

Anybody know whats going on, I don't really play games on my phone, But i should be able to re-enable it right?

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey gang, i have been working my way slowly through the adb/fastboot tools debloat list on the N8P and here is a list of the apps that i have uninstalled so far. My device is rock solid with no issues, and i'm seeing around 13 hours of sot so far.

heres the list, i'll update every once in a while as i slowly uninstall more.

Analytics
    Android accessibility suite
    app vault
    browser
    calendar
    compass
    Catchlog
    digital wellbeing
    downloads
    fm radio
    facebook
    feedback
    freeform
    games
    gmail
    google app
    google duo
    google lens
    joyose
    msa
    market feedback agent
    mi credit
    mi drop
    mi pay
    mi video
    mi wallpaper
    miui daemon
    music
    notes
    PAI
    Partner bookmarks
    partner netflix activation
    quick apps
    quick ball
    recorder
    scanner
    translation service
    weather
    WMService
    yellow pages
    The tool is called Saki tools

The tool that I always use is called saki tools, available on github. I'm sure he uses this also. It's great.
    Just enable usb debugging on phone, open the application on pc and allow usb debugging, delete whatever you want.
    Hopefully this clears up some confusion.
    https://github.com/Szaki/XiaomiADBFastbootTools/releases/tag/6.8.1
    Not called Saki tools, its made by a developer names SZaki - its called Xiaomi ADB Fastboot Tools. but yes, thats the link. (why can i not post links?)

The tool that I always use is called saki tools, available on github. I'm sure he uses this also. It's great.
    Just enable usb debugging on phone, open the application on pc and allow usb debugging, delete whatever you want.
    Hopefully this clears up some confusion.
    https://github.com/Szaki/XiaomiADBFastbootTools/releases/tag/6.8.1
    have you downloaded the program from github? Its a fully gui - click and delete. its for all current versions of miui as far as the developer has said. personally i'm on 10.4.4.0. The list that it gives you to delete are considered "safe to delete apps" - worst case i guess you soft brick.and need to do a factory reset. The app also leaves all the .apks for you to reinstall should something misbehave.
    For which version of miui?
    Could you make as it.bat files for one click usage, yeah Miui also tend to change Apk names randomly each version update so you need to make different [.bat] for each miui versions. I did has my own personal list. Personally tested but outdated for already sold whyred.

You could make one click with options wizard
    1. [remove extra Google app]
    2. [total remove Google (Unsafe, for some one who want reinstall to microg/bitsGapps/picoGAPPs, make sure you already logout Google and has other keyboard installed) ]
    3. [remove extra miui]
    4. [total remove miui apps(make sure you got another launcher and logout miui account)]
    5. [remove all non miui/Google bloats (Ie. Fb, preinstalled game)]
    no special rom, just used adb/fastboot tools to uninstall - can't put links here for some reason, but just google it - its on github. Super simple, graphical interface. If you uninstall, it saves the .apk's so you can reinstall if necessary