• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ADB] [NO-ROOT] [BULF] Samsung Galaxy S21 (SM-G991B) Debloat Process - A Better Experience

Search This thread

Hamid Chikh

##### LAST EDITED: 13-01-2021 FINAL #####
- This is the most extreme i could go without breaking essential features, tried to keep the bare minimum to maximize responsiveness and battery life. I'm still open to any suggestion from you guys if you want to try and add to it, feel free. Things seem pretty stable until now, waiting for your feedback.
We're now at:
- 241 Deleted apps
- 3 Disabled apps (uninstalling these will break apps.)
- 191 Kept system apps

Reactions: NozGojira

NozGojira

Jan 20, 2020
##### LAST EDITED: 13-01-2021 FINAL #####
- This is the most extreme i could go without breaking essential features, tried to keep the bare minimum to maximize responsiveness and battery life. I'm still open to any suggestion from you guys if you want to try and add to it, feel free. Things seem pretty stable until now, waiting for your feedback.
We're now at:
- 241 Deleted apps
- 3 Disabled apps (uninstalling these will break apps.)
- 191 Kept system apps
Done updating mine thanks, monitoring it now 🍻

Reactions: Hamid Chikh

NozGojira

Jan 20, 2020
Also, can you check if you still have double tap to launch camera. I lost it but I'm not sure if it's an app or just a permission
Hi hamid. I confirmed mine is working. so i think it's not on ur new updated presets.

I noticed under "Sounds and Vibration" in settings. Not a big deal. but for a guy like me that more on music lover type do we really lost the features, Adapt Sound and Separate app Sound setting? Thanks

Hamid Chikh

Hi hamid. I confirmed mine is working. so i think it's not on ur new updated presets.

I noticed under "Sounds and Vibration" in settings. Not a big deal. but for a guy like me that more on music lover type do we really lost the features, Adapt Sound and Separate app Sound setting? Thanks
Hi, thanks for confirming. And for music features, i removed them because i don't need them, but you're free to restore them. You just search for them on the deleted section and restore them, reboot and you're good to go.

Reactions: NozGojira

fever003

Jul 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hey, i just loaded all Deleted, Disabled, and KeptApps but i noticed I don't have VoLTE logo/connection anymore. Do you know if any of the Disabled/Deleted removed that so I can restore it?

and I am not able to search for Apps in the app drawer search box.

Last edited:

bindassever

Mar 1, 2015
hey, i just loaded all Deleted, Disabled, and KeptApps but i noticed I don't have VolTE logo/connection anymore. Do you know if any of the Disabled/Deleted removed that so I can restore it?
Same thing happening for me.
I restored all three apps with ims word to restore VOLTE.

For vowifi I restored
restored com.sec.epdg and wificalling app.

For searching apps.
Restore finder.

If you are using adbappcontrol just search for these apps and restore it.
hey, i just loaded all Deleted, Disabled, and KeptApps but i noticed I don't have VoLTE logo/connection anymore. Do you know if any of the Disabled/Deleted removed that so I can restore it?

fever003

Jul 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

For vowifi I restored

For searching apps.
Restore finder.

I have restored com.sec.enterprise.mdm.services.simpin, com.samsung.android.app.telephonyui.esimclient and still no VoLTE.

As for searching apps, do you know what is the exact package name? I can't seem to find "Finder" in the Deleted list.

fever003

Jul 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

For vowifi I restored

For searching apps.
Restore finder.

Sorry my bad for the post earlier, i actually saerched for "sim" instead of "ims". I reactivated all 3 apps with "ims" and can confirm I get back VoLTE.

I found Finder, it was Disabled!

Last edited:

Hamid Chikh

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience.
I don't have VoLte where i am right now so i deleted responsible apps.
Also, i organize my apps drawer in categories so i never need to search an app, that's why i took em out.
- Restore all of "sim" and "ims" apps for volte.
- Restore "finder" for the search ability.
Waiting for your feedback on the matter.

Hamid Chikh

For vowifi I restored

For searching apps.
Restore finder.

Hi, thank you for your help, it's much appreciated. I don't have VoLte on my area, so I can't confirm or deny, please, confirm for me.

Top Liked Posts

Hello, thank you for your help.
    - No need to mention IMS apps anymore, they're back in "keptapps"
    - I don't understand the part that states "apps required for powersaving with 96hz"
    Apps listed under that section are packages for "DEX", i don't they're not responsible for display or powersaving.

Thank you so much for your well comprehensive list of debloat list of apps. Powersaving with 96Hz I am talking about is this mod.
    Thank you so much for your well comprehensive list of debloat list of apps. Powersaving with 96Hz I am talking about is this mod.
    I dont think we really need to put the phone in the power saving mode anymore when we debloat some system app like this.
    I reinstall back the 2samsung separate app sound. But still didnt see on Sound And Vibration section. Any idea?
    I reinstall back the 2samsung separate app sound. But still didnt see on Sound And Vibration section. Any idea?
    You'll need to restore all audio services
    Here's a quick guide to boost and improve your overall experience with your Samsung galaxy device. It contains a debloating apps list to clear out some system resources, and other tips and tricks as well.

#Keep in mind that:
    -All of these tweaks have been tested by myself and other people before me and present no harm to the integrity of your device.
    -I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR DEVICE
    - Here's a comprehensive list of apps and their respective descriptions.
    - We recommend restoring all apps before factory resetting your phone, to avoid any bugs/features break.

#WHAT THIS DOES:
    - Generally, it'll disable some apps that run on the background using resources, this includes edge apps, AR stuff and a lot of preloaded crapware from Samsung, Google and other partners like Facebook, netflix, etc... and guide you throughout some settings and stuff to do to help maintain your device in a good shape.

#Why Would i want to Debloat my phone ?
    Since a lot of apps are not longer running and consuming power, resources are saved from unnecessary apps and services, a lot of the times not even requested by the user. You'll notice after debloating your device:

- Longer Battery life (see screenshot by bindasseve)
    - Faster app launch time
    - Faster charging (including cable charging via PC)
    - Less heat when charging
    - Less heat when using the phone or gaming
    - Smoother overall experience (see geekbench score attached)

##### LAST EDITED: 15-01-2021 #####
    We're now at:
    - 233 Deleted apps
    - 2 Disabled apps (uninstalling these will break apps.)
    - 185 Kept system apps

We recommend BACKING UP YOUR DATA and FACTORY RESETING your device before starting, it's not necessary but you never know, just in case.

You're gonna need ADB AppControl:
    >>>>>>>>>> DOWNLOAD <<<<<<<<<

1 - Remove and Disable bloatware using ADB AppControl:

- Restore all your deleted and disabled apps to avoid conflict with previous configurations (if you already disabled/uninstalled apps).
    - Load "Disabled" preset and select disable while checking "delete app data" then hit apply.
    - Load "Deleted" apps preset and select "uninstall" while checking "delete app data" then hit apply.
    - You can load "KeptApps" preset and restore everything to make sure you didn't delete what's not supposed to be removed.
    - Restart your phone to recovery, wipe cache partition (3 times is better), then reboot to system.

# You want a feature back ? Restore the following​

- Search in app drawer, "Finder" from disabled apps.
    - Home screen widgets, Restore "Samsung Free" from deleted apps and set it to disable.
    - Dolby Atmos, Restore "SoundAlive" from deleted apps
    - Samsung reminder, Restore "reminder" from deleted apps
    - Accessibility settings, Restore "Accessibility" & "Samsung Keyboard"
    - Wifi Caling, Restore "com.sec.unifiedwfc" & "com.sec.epdg".
    - Other are available throughout the thread

2 - Settings to turn on/turn off to save power & improve performance

- Adaptive Battery: ENABLED.
    - Adaptive brightness: ENABLED.
    - Limit battery to 85% charge (Android 12).
    - Set battery setting to RESTRICTED for Android System.
    - Set apps to sleeping state under device care - battery - background usage limits (i avoid deep sleeping because they show up as disabled)
    - Suspend execution of Cached apps (under dev options): ENABLED.
    - Set animation scale to x0.5 on all 3 settings (under dev options)
    - Switch off this setting in Google play store under general.

3 - Limit refresh rate to 96hz using adb (stays adaptive but doesn't go past 96hz)

- adb shell settings put system peak_refresh_rate 96.0 (sets high limit to 96hz).
    - adb shell settings put system min_refresh_rate 1.0 (sets low limit to 1hz).

4 - Things you SHOULD do as good maintenance for your device to behave well overtime.

- Boot into recovery and clear cache partition (3 times is better than 1)
    - Repair apps, also from recovery mode, here's an explanation on why it's good for you system.
    - Use Galaxy App Booster under Samsung Good Guardians, it makes your phone faster by re-compiling your apps in a speed targeted profil.
    - Check Permission manager for any excess of permissions like location and nearby devices, as those will consume power
    Some of those apks on the block list just sit there and do nothing unless needed.
    You need to know what you're blocking and if it really needs/should to blocked.
    Dependencies, dependencies, dependencies, the app names and functions can be deceiving.
    Samsung's have so many features you may never realize what you lost and for little or no gain.

The Google system and user apps are some of the worst offenders.
    1- I have been uninstalling apps over adb for a long time now, and from a functionality standpoint, they don't interfere with the user experience, but on the contrary, uninstalling them improves the experience.
    2- There are no apps that "just sit there", they all will consume power and resources on the background, only noticeable on the long run.
    3- This is an extensive, maxed out and extreme list of bloatware, you can of course choose to skip some of those apps if you need them, your use case may be different then mine.
    - Can't access accessibility section of the settings (caused by one accessibility app uninstalled)
    I'll do my best try and localise the specific apps causing the glitches with time, feel free to contribute with more apps/side effects and tips

This is caused by delete samsung keyboard.Dont delete samsung keyboard and accesibilty menu works again
    Actually, kept Knox dead and just reinstalled the app itself. Works fine so far...
    It probably restored whatever it needed during reinstall
    Could you provide info of each app, so we know what are we going to delete \ disable?
    You can use This app to check for package names, also, you can reinstall/download deleted apps using AppControl if you can't find them after debloating