• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mouryas911

Jul 20, 2017
I have a friend's Nokia 7.1 which got stuck on restarting and is basically bricked right now. I am trying to fix it.

things i have tried:
1. wipe data/ factory data reset from recovery: Kept stuck there and it didn't work out.
2. tried to load stock firmware using SDCARD but it already had the latest firmware so the phone is not accepting any other.
3. Sideload stock firmware but shows error: cannot read zip (no zip- no nothing worked here too)
4. booted to recovery and chose ''apply update from ADB'' :
On checking for adb devices it returns with "Sideload" instead of "Device".
no matter what command i give it returns with Error :closed
1631960280789.png

5. Booted to Download mode/fastboot mode. on giving cmd "fastboot devices" it returns with nothing and on giving any other fastboot cmd it return with <waiting for device> .

1631960716657.png

******All the adb/fastboot drivers are installed correctly******

6. I tried to get into EDL mode by shorting the EDL points but for some reason it didn't work either, I suspect the points i tried to short it with were wrong and right guide is not available.

8. Nokia OST tool gets stuck at "getting product id" and tried OST tool for every other thing but it doesn't work.

7. Authorized Service center said it cannot be repaired and suggested Motherboard replacement. (Sense-less to do so.)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++THANK YOU++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

T.C.Stockdale

Senior Moderator / Moderator & RC-RT Committees
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
I have a friend's Nokia 7.1 which got stuck on restarting and is basically bricked right now. I am trying to fix it.

things i have tried:
1. wipe data/ factory data reset from recovery: Kept stuck there and it didn't work out.
2. tried to load stock firmware using SDCARD but it already had the latest firmware so the phone is not accepting any other.
3. Sideload stock firmware but shows error: cannot read zip (no zip- no nothing worked here too)
View attachment 5412847

5. Booted to Download mode/fastboot mode. on giving cmd "fastboot devices" it returns with nothing and on giving any other fastboot cmd it return with <waiting for device> .

View attachment 5412851

6. I tried to get into EDL mode by shorting the EDL points but for some reason it didn't work either, I suspect the points i tried to short it with were wrong and right guide is not available.

8. Nokia OST tool gets stuck at "getting product id" and tried OST tool for every other thing but it doesn't work.

7. Authorized Service center said it cannot be repaired and suggested Motherboard replacement. (Sense-less to do so.)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++THANK YOU++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This forum is for...Technical discussion of Android development and hacking. No noobs, please. Device-specific releases should go under the appropriate device forum.

Reactions: galaxys
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

things i have tried:
    View attachment 5412847

View attachment 5412851

This forum is for...Technical discussion of Android development and hacking. No noobs, please. Device-specific releases should go under the appropriate device forum.

things i have tried:
    View attachment 5412847

View attachment 5412851