Add Missing Toggles (Must have ROOT)

Search This thread

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
Are you missing Toggles like Data - Network Booster - Wifi Hotspot?

It is pretty easy to do -just follow these steps:

Before we begin, I am not responsible for who is president - who is running for president - or what happens on your phone. If you decide to do this and your phone blows up and nuclear war begins - it's not my fault.

First - ROOT your Device - http://forum.xda-developers.com/note5/development/dev-pre-root-firmware-twrp-testing-t3183877

Next you wil need an ap like SQL Lite https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.speedsoftware.sqleditor&hl=en

1. OPen SQL Lite -
  2. CLick FIles (along the top of the screen)
  3. Click Data
  4. Click Data again
  5. Click Com.Android.Provider.Settings
  6. CLick DataBases
  7. Click Settings
  8. CLick System
  9. Look for Notification_Panel_Active_App_List - There are two that look very similar - do NOT select the one that ends with ...for_Reset
  10. Click on Notification_Panel_Active_App_List - it may take several clicks - sometimes a whole bunch of clicks until it recognizes and is obviously selected - once it is selected (it will be highlighted in grey) Click the Pencil in the top menu or edit (depending on the ap you are using)

Now - click your cursor so it is at the very end of the last entry - it will end with a semi colin, something like this: WiFi; make sure there is no space between the last semi-colin and the cursor - now enter the toggle names you want to add - there are a bunch that are missing - but the ones I use the most are:

WiFiHotspot;NetworkBooster;MobileData:

I have seen a bunch of other toggles added - but I honestly don't know what their names are - I only ever add the three you see above.

Always put a semi-colin between the names of the toggles - use the exact letters I have written here - CASE SENSITIVE _ so write it exactly like I have here - and always make sure there is a semi-colin at the end of the last toggle you enter. NO SPACES between toggle names -

Here is a screen shot of what it should like when you finish: View attachment 3452849

After you have added your toggles - click save - reboot and you will see the toggles in notification area - you can them move them around to put the ones you want where you want them.

Hope this is helpful -

I did not figure this out on my own - I read about it a very long time ago - can't even remember who did it first - someone with a lot more knowledge than I have - but I has bee very useful when I find certain toggles missing.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

veritasaequita

Jul 6, 2009
Slidell
Ok I found the mistake in the op. At the end of your 3-items that you end you've put a : when it needed to be a ; just wanted to point that out as it's the reason that after following these instructions 2 of the 3 show but the mobile data doesn't. Other than that great instructions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you missing Toggles like Data - Network Booster - Wifi Hotspot?

It is pretty easy to do -just follow these steps:

Before we begin, I am not responsible for who is president - who is running for president - or what happens on your phone. If you decide to do this and your phone blows up and nuclear war begins - it's not my fault.

First - ROOT your Device - http://forum.xda-developers.com/note5/development/dev-pre-root-firmware-twrp-testing-t3183877

Next you wil need an ap like SQL Lite https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.speedsoftware.sqleditor&hl=en

1. OPen SQL Lite -
    2. CLick FIles (along the top of the screen)
    3. Click Data
    4. Click Data again
    5. Click Com.Android.Provider.Settings
    6. CLick DataBases
    7. Click Settings
    8. CLick System
    9. Look for Notification_Panel_Active_App_List - There are two that look very similar - do NOT select the one that ends with ...for_Reset
    10. Click on Notification_Panel_Active_App_List - it may take several clicks - sometimes a whole bunch of clicks until it recognizes and is obviously selected - once it is selected (it will be highlighted in grey) Click the Pencil in the top menu or edit (depending on the ap you are using)

Now - click your cursor so it is at the very end of the last entry - it will end with a semi colin, something like this: WiFi; make sure there is no space between the last semi-colin and the cursor - now enter the toggle names you want to add - there are a bunch that are missing - but the ones I use the most are:

WiFiHotspot;NetworkBooster;MobileData:

I have seen a bunch of other toggles added - but I honestly don't know what their names are - I only ever add the three you see above.

Always put a semi-colin between the names of the toggles - use the exact letters I have written here - CASE SENSITIVE _ so write it exactly like I have here - and always make sure there is a semi-colin at the end of the last toggle you enter. NO SPACES between toggle names -

Here is a screen shot of what it should like when you finish: View attachment 3452849

After you have added your toggles - click save - reboot and you will see the toggles in notification area - you can them move them around to put the ones you want where you want them.

Hope this is helpful -

I did not figure this out on my own - I read about it a very long time ago - can't even remember who did it first - someone with a lot more knowledge than I have - but I has bee very useful when I find certain toggles missing.

Good Luck!
    I got the same advice for my S6 Edge, but it wasn't working (changes weren't applied) so if you are one of those unlucky users try also with a very handy app available on the Play Store called QuickPanel Manager.

It works also with other Samsung devices other than the Note 5 and the S6/S6 Edge (got the torch back on my S4 LTE+). ;)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone