Add schedules of your favourite sports teams (NBA, Soccer) to your calendar

Search This thread

Pippolia

Apr 3, 2007
Budapest
iCalendarFactory.com
Hi,
I have created a simple app by which you can add the games of your favourite teams (at the moment NBA and some European soccer league) directly to your calendar...
Please test and add comments!
Thanks a lot!
Pippo

Version 1.2.1 chanes (Click here to download newest version):

* Finger optimized
* More detailed error handling
* Some minor changes

Version 1.2.0 changes (Click here to download newest version):

* Event subject can include league and can by US style
* Automatic update checking possible

New version (1.1.0) changes (Click here to download newest version):

* Event options (status, reminder, category, etc.) can be added
* Online update checking
* Time zone handling corrected

I have added daylight savings time support, so 1 hour difference shoud be fixed! If this is not the case, please tell me! thx!

If you want to contribute and submit events (just send it to info@iCalendarFactory.com), please use the attached sample.txt!
Fields in the file:
1. Sport
2. League or series
3. Home team
4. Away or visitor team
5. Event start time (date format: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS)
6. Event end time (date format: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS)
7. Time zone name (or offset from GMT)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 655
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 505
  • sample.txt
    80 bytes · Views: 229
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

vdude_1

Jan 25, 2009
Hi,
I have created a simple app by which you can add the games of your favourite teams (at the moment NBA and some European soccer league) directly to your calendar...
Please test and add comments!
Thanks a lot!
Pippo
I don't see English Premier League on there to try it out. Also, will it work on the HTC Touch HD? If you can implement the Premier League and it works, I'll be a very happy bunny!

Last edited:

Pippolia

Apr 3, 2007
Budapest
iCalendarFactory.com
I don't see English Premier League on there to try it out. Also, will it work on the HTC Touch HD? If you can implement the Premier League and it works, I'll be a very happy bunny!

Hi, English Premier League will be added I think this weekend to the database, please try on Monday or Tuesday...
The program itself should work on any WM based PDA (at least I hope)

XDAPPCgeeks

Jul 17, 2009
nice. doesn't seem to work right yet though, at least not on mobile. I tried to add an nba team and it only adds entries for next month (preseason). the entire schedule is already available for every team btw. also, it only entered the first 3 out of 10 games for that month...

hope u get it to add all games, would be great! Is it possible to add college football? Season just started and it's huge in the U.S.

Last edited:

PatcheZ

May 6, 2008
cool!
just wondering how are you adding the schedules to the database?
(hockey schedule is clearly not out yet)

Pippolia

Apr 3, 2007
Budapest
iCalendarFactory.com
nice. doesn't seem to work right yet though, at least not on mobile. I tried to add an nba team and it only adds entries for next month (preseason). the entire schedule is already available for every team btw. also, it only entered the first 3 out of 10 games for that month...

hope u get it to add all games, would be great! Is it possible to add college football? Season just started and it's huge in the U.S.

Yes, that's true! I had to limit the time frame because:
1. download the whole year generates lot of traffic and adds to much event (in case someone wants to delete: too much effort maybe), but you can still download the whole year schedule from the website (icalendarfactory.com)
2. schedules change sometime (not in NBA but in european soccer leagues), at the moment it is not solved to change the date of an already added event

XDAPPCgeeks

Jul 17, 2009
Yes, that's true! I had to limit the time frame

Is it possible to at least download the whole month? it only downloads the first 3 entries for next month...

I'm wondering... if it was actually October, and not September, would it have downloaded the entire month of october and not just the 3 entries?? Because I can certainly live with a months worth of scheduling, as long as it's the whole month....

thanks

Last edited:

Pippolia

Apr 3, 2007
Budapest
iCalendarFactory.com

The program doesn't add the next month, but today+30 day, so if you try it today, it will add until 13th Oct... (sorry, there are some limitations, I am working on to to solve)

I have added college football, but unfortunately available data is not so clear (there are many games with "to be announced" time... :( anyway, you can give it a try)

strowbowse

Apr 21, 2008
The German Bundesliga is not up to date. There are some teams missing. Any chance you can add these teams and the second Bundesliga too?

Thank you so much!