• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Add Screenshot in power button for Wolfs Break ROM or Stock GB 2.3.3

Search This thread

Dezhezzi

Apr 8, 2012
Mexico D.F.
Hey guys well i make the screenshot option work properly on Wolfs ROM don't know if someone else do it before so i will share it with all of you because i know that many users like me, like a lot this ROM but also we really want the screenshot function on the power button so here we go now.

This works fine in Wolfs ROM but i think that this should work nice also in the Stock GB 2.3.3 Rom.

For people who are in wolfs ROM download this (if you are using stock GB 2.3.3 dont download it!!) :

http://www.mediafire.com/?da95u7d1ptd8erq

Screenshot zip:

http://www.mediafire.com/?kfe2wnd8vhf8qv6

Make a back up (Just in case :rolleyes:)

Boot into xrecovery and flash it (Only if you are in wolfs ROM!)

Reboot your phone,now you can see that the reboot option is gone (sorry but i dont know how to add the reboot option :()

For both users Stock GB and Wolfs Break:

Shut down your phone and boot into xrecovery Flash the Screenshot zip,reboot your phone and wait till it boots.

As you can see now you will have the Screenshot Option like this:

screenshot-1340159994041.png

But wait!! you will need to fix permissions before using it so go to Root Explorer or Rom Manager and go to system/bin and find the file that says screenshot long press permissions and set it like this:

screenshot-1340159984169.png

Afther that you will be able to take screenshots :p

Also this dont change the lockscreen:

screenshot-1340160176195.png

I use the framework from Achotjan Replacement ROM :D:D

Hit the thanks Button if i help you ;)

Sorry for my bad english :p.......

Last edited:

danny_bru

Apr 17, 2012
i dont know whether is a bug or what but when i receive my text message and i read it already,on the lock screen its still says new text message,how can i fix this?

Dezhezzi

Apr 8, 2012
Mexico D.F.
Try to wipe your cache and dalvik cache maybe thats the problem sorry but i really dont test it on Stock only on Wolfs Rom

Sent from my X10i using xda premium

Last edited:

Tof37

Oct 6, 2009
Tours
@Dezhezzi

Nice work ;)

To set correct permissions look at my thread in dev forum "how to add screenshot... " you'll find the line to get in your update-script... So that permissions can be set while flashing the zip B-)

Sent from my X10s using XDA

cumonthepaj

Nov 12, 2010
London, UK
Cheers Dezhezzi,

Exactly what I have been in the hunt for and also packaged to be pain free. Unfortunately, I have the screenshot function in my power menu but I get the following toast

Error : Unable to save screenshot
mBitmap = null

then followed by a second toast

Screenshot is saved at null

I seem to have all the functionality there except screenshot to launch. Any ideas as I am on Wolfs ROM and ICS Theme v1.1. The only difference is I wasn't able to see or select the Set UID when editing permissions. As I couldn't see it as an option.

Thanks in advance

Dezhezzi

Apr 8, 2012
Mexico D.F.
Cheers Dezhezzi,

Exactly what I have been in the hunt for and also packaged to be pain free. Unfortunately, I have the screenshot function in my power menu but I get the following toast

Error : Unable to save screenshot
mBitmap = null

then followed by a second toast

Screenshot is saved at null

I seem to have all the functionality there except screenshot to launch. Any ideas as I am on Wolfs ROM and ICS Theme v1.1. The only difference is I wasn't able to see or select the Set UID when editing permissions. As I couldn't see it as an option.

Thanks in advance

Well you need to fix permissions to make it working as i said before try using root explorer or ROM manager to fix it if you use Root Explorer set it as r/w dont know what else could be the problem sorry

Sent from my X10S using xda premium

camshaft2k9

Mar 11, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Hey guys well i make the screenshot option work properly on Wolfs ROM don't know if someone else do it before so i will share it with all of you because i know that many users like me, like a lot this ROM but also we really want the screenshot function on the power button so here we go now.

This works fine in Wolfs ROM but i think that this should work nice also in the Stock GB 2.3.3 Rom.

For people who are in wolfs ROM download this (if you are using stock GB 2.3.3 dont download it!!) :

So, i'm having 3 little problems:
1- the reboot option on powerboot menu is gone, any idea of what could happened ?
2- i used the file manager to change the permissions, but there is no"special permissions" options, only the options shown on higher part of the picture.
3- the phone got as brighter it can. the bright settings on screen settings cannot be acessed anymore, if i try to change the brightness, i got a message error of the sistem.

any ideas ?
thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

http://www.mediafire.com/?da95u7d1ptd8erq

Screenshot zip:

http://www.mediafire.com/?kfe2wnd8vhf8qv6

Make a back up (Just in case :rolleyes:)

Boot into xrecovery and flash it (Only if you are in wolfs ROM!)

Reboot your phone,now you can see that the reboot option is gone (sorry but i dont know how to add the reboot option :()

For both users Stock GB and Wolfs Break:

Shut down your phone and boot into xrecovery Flash the Screenshot zip,reboot your phone and wait till it boots.

As you can see now you will have the Screenshot Option like this:

screenshot-1340159994041.png

But wait!! you will need to fix permissions before using it so go to Root Explorer or Rom Manager and go to system/bin and find the file that says screenshot long press permissions and set it like this:

screenshot-1340159984169.png

Afther that you will be able to take screenshots :p

Also this dont change the lockscreen:

screenshot-1340160176195.png

I use the framework from Achotjan Replacement ROM :D:D

Hit the thanks Button if i help you ;)

@Dezhezzi

Nice work ;)

To set correct permissions look at my thread in dev forum "how to add screenshot... " you'll find the line to get in your update-script... So that permissions can be set while flashing the zip B-)

Sent from my X10s using XDA