Question Adding custom sounds/notifications

Search This thread

grwalker

Aug 21, 2014
Holzhausen
I have been trying to add some of the old sounds/notifications to my A32. When I add the sounds (ogg format) to ringtones, etc folders they don't show up as an option for selection. (probably because the phone is not rooted). With Solid Explorer I can Select the sound I want but it never sticks. I still get system sounds. Nothing seems to allow me to add my own custom sounds

Any help greatly appreciated

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Are you placing them in the correct ringtone and notification folders in the file browser? Make sure your doing on the internal storage and not the SD card.

grwalker

Aug 21, 2014
Holzhausen
Are you placing them in the correct ringtone and notification folders in the file browser? Make sure your doing on the internal storage and not the SD card.
Yes the files are in the folders in internal memory, not SD card. When attempting to select the sound I am asked which app to use. solid explorer or media selector. If I chose solid explorer I can navigate to the folder and select the sound but it does not stick. If I use media selector then the sound does not appear in the list. I have rebooted after adding the sound just in case

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Yes the files are in the folders in internal memory, not SD card. When attempting to select the sound I am asked which app to use. solid explorer or media selector. If I chose solid explorer I can navigate to the folder and select the sound but it does not stick. If I use media selector then the sound does not appear in the list. I have rebooted after adding the sound just in case
Weird It just works on mine it shows up when I open up settings > ringtones or nofication sounds.

grwalker

Aug 21, 2014
Holzhausen
Whe
Weird It just works on mine it shows up when I open up settings > ringtones or nofication sounds.
When I open settings and check which sound is assigned to which notification I see the name of the sound I chose. But when, for example an email arrives, I get some system sound, like the Samsung whistle, not the sound I selected

financeledger

May 31, 2021
Whe

When I open settings and check which sound is assigned to which notification I see the name of the sound I chose. But when, for example an email arrives, I get some system sound, like the Samsung whistle, not the sound I selected

Who is your Carrier? i suspect this is a CSC feature issue
are you rooted?