Adding Google feed to OnePlus Launcher

Search This thread

titom44dj

Jan 15, 2011
Action launcher included it. Also include two nice features :
-Launch widget from the app icon on launcher or a shelf look like page on the right
-add shortcut to weather, lens, assistant, music searched on the Google search bar widget.

And it's include a lot of personalizations choices.

aoprea

Nov 20, 2007
Iasi
I do not understand Oneplus, why ignore the international version to introduce option to have Google feed on launcher ?

with what we are inferior to T-mobile users ?

It's shame... shame ... shame Oneplus Team to ignore us...

SimoxTav

Nov 27, 2012
Torino
tavera.it
No bull****, I just got my US T-Mobile model, and right out of the box (with zero updates), the home screen settings give you the option for both the OnePlus "shelf", but also the Google Feed. I just long pressed the home screen, select settings, then "left most screen", and finally select Shelf or Google App. Viola.See the attached screenshots.

Could it be relevant to the region choice on the phone?

Could it be relevant to the region choice on the phone?
I suspect as much. The United States T-Mobile model does have slightly different firmware, and we're on a different update schedule as well. It's also a pain in the ass to get the bootloader unlocked for us. I'd say for the most part the international model owners are generally better off... This is just the one time us T-Mobile US users got a break.

Last edited:

geekasso

Jan 4, 2011
USA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
-Launch widget from the app icon on launcher or a shelf look like page on the right
-add shortcut to weather, lens, assistant, music searched on the Google search bar widget.

My favorite launcher. But also can just launch Google app via gesture, shortcut, or via drawer.

Moose0704

May 6, 2012
Princeton TX
Google Pixel Fold
You can do this with the stock launcher:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190523-173036.jpg
    Screenshot_20190523-173036.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 1,398
  • Screenshot_20190523-173030.jpg
    Screenshot_20190523-173030.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 1,390

marevic

Nov 5, 2018

I've tried it but it is a bit buggy for me, and sometimes the google feed doesn't launch and it gives me an error. Have you experienced this?

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Why do you need a different launcher? Go to the launcher settings, then Left Screen, and disable Shelf, and enable Google App.

Or am I totally misunderstanding what you're looking for.

I'm.comiing from pixel 2, too, and the thing I'm missing most is sing able to swipe up in any app to open app drawer. May not keep the phone because of it. I don't have time to keep up with custom ROMs anymore.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190524-204331.jpg
    Screenshot_20190524-204331.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 586
Last edited:
Why do you need a different launcher? Go to the launcher settings, then Left Screen, and disable Shelf, and enable Google App.

Or am I totally misunderstanding what you're looking for.

I'm.comiing from pixel 2, too, and the thing I'm missing most is sing able to swipe up in any app to open app drawer. May not keep the phone because of it. I don't have time to keep up with custom ROMs anymore.
Is that T-Mobile 7 Pro? T-Mobile has feature to enable Google Feed

vishal3967

Jul 21, 2012
Is anyone else experiencing issues with third party launchers and the status bar rendering slightly after the rest of the screen when quick switching apps with full gesture controls?

Last edited:

greyhulk

Jan 14, 2009
Google feed is garbage now. Google is going to start spamming it with ads. No thanks.

Reactions: 338lm

OnePlusAim

Aug 6, 2019
No bull****, I just got my US T-Mobile model, and right out of the box (with zero updates), the home screen settings give you the option for both the OnePlus "shelf", but also the Google Feed. I just long pressed the home screen, select settings, then "left most screen", and finally select Shelf or Google App. Viola.See the attached screenshots.
Yeah that was the only thing I liked about the T-Mobile Firmware but the fast updates I get once I flashed the International Firmware. I'm already on the August Security Patch and get updates from OnePlus and Not T-Mobile.You also Gain Access to the Android Q Beta and as long as your Sim is Unlocked you can enjoy Beta 2 and up. As Only DP1, which is SUuUPpPPER buggy, is the only one that has recognized my Sim and let me use Data

Top Liked Posts