• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Adds on top of keyboard (no pop up)

Search This thread

rikkerd

Dec 7, 2015
Antwerp
Hello

Recently i have a problem when my keyboard opens on my HTC10. It almost always shows an add. I checked my device for recently installed apps but i didnt install some in over a month.

Also it is the default keyboard and i never installed another one before.

Pictures added

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170716-193328.jpg
    Screenshot_20170716-193328.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20170716-191851.jpg
    Screenshot_20170716-191851.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 19

Critical Detox

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 28, 2010
Parts Unknown
Hello

Recently i have a problem when my keyboard opens on my HTC10. It almost always shows an add. I checked my device for recently installed apps but i didnt install some in over a month.

Also it is the default keyboard and i never installed another one before.

Pictures added

Yea, this is a known issue involving the default HTC keyboard at the moment, No idea why they thought it was a good idea to do that but if it's problematic to you, Switch keyboards.

UPDATE: HTC knows and this is not an intended plan by them

"HTC this evening gave the following statement. "Due to an error, some HTC customers have reported seeing ads on their phone's keyboard. This is absolutely not the experience we intended, and we're working to immediately fix the error and remove the ads as quickly as possible."-Jeff Gordon, HTC Global PR."

Last edited: