• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

AdFree - now removed from Play Store

Search This thread

arturox

Mar 12, 2012
Lima
This sucks, but the good thing is that there are alternative app repos... For example, I am ising a different ad blocker (AdAway), and it moved to F-Droid, as noted on the dev page: https://code.google.com/p/ad-away/. So, hopefully, all such apps will still be available elsewhere.
Great information, I used blackmart but havent tried F-Droid. Good information :good:

Reactions: bluesith

EB10000

Jun 2, 2012
There are many good alternatives to Google playstore... Anyway, you do not really need an adfree app.. If you are on DorimanX kernel you can use stweaks to automatically download and update the hosts file that will block 90% of ads... Adfree apps are useles.. just update the hosts file manually... Also, you can mod any app to remove it's built in ads.. I do it all the time.. edit smali files to block hosts and set banner sized to zero... Just name any free app you want to be adfree and I can provide you a modded apk that is adfree (over PM so i won't violate XDA rules)

Reactions: sam.wilder

Top Liked Posts