Adhell 3 - KNOX

Search This thread

Hansoliv

Jul 12, 2007
Good news Everyone!
I am not a developer or coder but as i am the type of person that likes to "make his own sandwich", so i decompiled 'Ashell' with a tool called 'APK Easy Tool' and recompiled it again.
And there's no more malware! :D
Is there another way or anyone that could double check that?
Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210311-122055_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
    Screenshot_20210311-122055_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Screenshot_20210311-122220_Malwarebytes.jpg
    Screenshot_20210311-122220_Malwarebytes.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 177
  • Adhell3 2.3.5 Mod.apk
    2.8 MB · Views: 141
  • Screenshot_20210311-140334_Adhell3 235.jpg
    Screenshot_20210311-140334_Adhell3 235.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

arf8

Mar 30, 2014
Still getting flagged by malwarebytes RTP when downloading. Maybe it is a false positive on malwarebytes part.

One hit is too many. The open source code compiles fine without being flagged by MB.

Good news Everyone!
I am not a developer or coder but as i am the type of person that likes to "make his own sandwich", so i decompiled 'Ashell' with a tool called 'APK Easy Tool' and recompiled it again.
And there's no more malware! :D
Is there another way or anyone that could double check that?
Thank you.

APK easy tool only marginally works, if progaurd was used there is likely code obfuscation, you will not be able to rid the virus just be decompiling and recompiling the apk.
If it is being flagged it is being flagged for a reason. If you have access to the source than you are better off but you don't.
As I said above the original source is never flagged, what does that tell you.

arf8

Mar 30, 2014
I ran the scan and it found the same torjan, but I did not install it and will not.

Use at your own risk

Hansoliv

Jul 12, 2007
Thank you anyway
As i said i'm not a developer.
In my ignorance i made myself an idiot sandwich 😅 .
It was worth the shot 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Hansoliv

Jul 12, 2007
Good day.
Could someone please share with me the files 'knoxsdk.jar' and 'supportlib.jar'? As i am not an KPP partner, i cannot download them from Samsung.
I think i found a way to make adhell work without the license, but all the compiled versions that i downloaded seem to have some kind of malware, and to be sure, i would like to compile it myself, but without those files, it's not possible.

Last edited:

Web_E

Sep 8, 2012
Bangalore / Kolkata
Good day.
Could someone please share with me the files 'knoxsdk.jar' and 'supportlib.jar'? As i am not an KPP partner, i cannot download them from Samsung.
I think i found a way to make adhell work without the license, but all the compiled versions that i downloaded seem to have some kind of malware, and to be sure, i would like to compile it myself, but without those files, it's not possible.
I have an old apk of adhell installed ( which I believe is virus free). It was downloaded six month before samsung shutdown dev key generation. will that work for your purpose?

Hansoliv

Jul 12, 2007
Good day.
Could anyone here with experience in android development give me his opinion?

Why does that ALL 'CitizenV' built files and even the first file in this thread ADHell v3.1.1 (https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4719055&stc=1&d=1552045494), and even other user's built files throughout the internet, is flagged with malware 'bankbot' after i decompile and rebuild, either in my pc or in my phone with 'Apktool' or 'apk editor'?
I have acomplished adhell working without a license but i am out of options for making sure that is safe.

Last edited:

dia_naji

Aug 29, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
The only real way to get Adhell working is getting a KPE license. Unfortunately those aren't available unless you submit a form that you will be using keys for business purposes. I myself own a IT business and have been using adhell for years

Hansoliv

Jul 12, 2007
The only real way to get Adhell working is getting a KPE license. Unfortunately those aren't available unless you submit a form that you will be using keys for business purposes. I myself own a IT business and have been using adhell for years
Hi.
Do you have the files 'knoxsdk.jar' and 'supportlib.jar'? If yes, could you share them with me?

It is possible to make Adhell work even without KPE license, i had it working in my phone working version 3.2.366 compiled by the user 'CitizenV', after changing 2 lines of code. The issue here is that after editing the code and recompiling the apk, Malwarebytes flags the file as if it contains malware.
And i am trying to build it myself so i am sure it is clean.

VirtualWaver

Jun 14, 2011
London
Hi.
Do you have the files 'knoxsdk.jar' and 'supportlib.jar'? If yes, could you share them with me?

It is possible to make Adhell work even without KPE license, i had it working in my phone working version 3.2.366 compiled by the user 'CitizenV', after changing 2 lines of code. The issue here is that after editing the code and recompiling the apk, Malwarebytes flags the file as if it contains malware.
And i am trying to build it myself so i am sure it is clean.
Hi Mate,

Could you please advise what lines exactly did you change in the code to make it work without KPE license? I think I know how to mask the app as other app to activate it. I need to experiment but want to know how to bypass KPE license and use Knox activation instead. I will post a step by step instruction on how to compile and activate it once testing is succesful. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: blazethelight

mozn

May 24, 2011
adhell-XE v3.2.496

i found this on a polish forum named mobilneforum.

checking on virustotal //edit: same (false?) flag?

what do you guys think about it

Attachments

• Ashell-XE 2.3.5_Mod.apk
    2.7 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:

VirtualWaver

Jun 14, 2011
London
adhell-XE v3.2.496

i found this on a polish forum named mobilneforum.

checking on virustotal //edit: same (false?) flag?

what do you guys think about it

For me, I just downloaded the one posted above by CitizenV (which is virus free), modified it and compiled it back. Activated via Knox. Works like a charm.

I believe the virus thing is false positive as the original build by CitizenV is clean and some AVs only flag it after recompiling. Corect me if I am wrong but if the AVs don't flag the original one, its impossible for virus to appear out of nowhere after recompilling, especially when we recompile it by ourselves.

I certainty won't install modified mods that are flagged by AVs but this base build is virus free and I can certanly see it is flagging after I recompile so no way for virus to appear.

Mrxyzl

May 1, 2015
Sony Xperia 1 IV
Good day.
Can you share the apk you compiled that work?

Mrxyzl

May 1, 2015
Sony Xperia 1 IV
Good day.
I'm sorry, i erased the apk, because after compiling, the apk is still flagged with a trojan.
You could ask VirtualWaver for is apk.
Thks for the info. I manage to make the apk. Ill test it with virus total again to see how it work.

Edit: the result show no virus except for the pua debug key (which mean i modified the stock apk). So i guess its safe. I modified via mt manager not apktool so thats why i guess.

Heres the link for the check

Edit 2: testing on phone and adhell work like it should be. Thanks @VirtualWaver and @Hansoliv for the tip and guide

Edit 3: add attachments

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210615-010700_Iceraven.jpg
    Screenshot_20210615-010700_Iceraven.jpg
    942.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20210615-010927_Adhell3.jpg
    Screenshot_20210615-010927_Adhell3.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Reactions: blazethelight

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Very unfortunate about samsungs policy changes indeed, tried getting a partner account but was rejected... Might give it another try with some extended information (now as the bare basics, hoped it would be a semi-automatic thing but seems they actually properly check).

Using Adguard premium in the meantime, but adhell would be my preferred choice. Unfortunately no valid license anymore so too bad...

Let's try a quick reality check about basic blocking of ads and tracking servers on unlocked Samsung phones. A lot depends on your actual needs and mostly paranoia level, but it's a lot easier than often assumed.

- If you have a functional adhell, do nothing and keep using it. Nobody can predict the future, but when your key expires, you'll have other options. Just relax and have a pleasant day.

- No adhell but you're on Pie? Set your Private DNS to "dns.adguard.com". Just relax and have a pleasant day.

- No adhell and still on Nougat or Oreo? Grab Intra and set the DNS to "https://dns.adguard.com/dns-query". Just relax and have a pleasant day.

- Want more control over what you block? Use a VPN such as VPN Hosts which supports wildcards and local hosts file. Just relax and have a pleasant day.

- Don't like any of those? Grab any DNS server or VPN that strikes your fancy but please use your own judgement about what actually works for you, not what someone online somewhere (myself included) says you should do.

Those are not formal recommendations or endorsements of any specific product or approach, merely a realistic assessment of simple alternatives with a minimal amount of confusing technobabble.

For most users, any of the above options will be more than sufficient and chances are you won't notice any actual difference in battery use or speed. Try them for yourself, it's easy! ;)
    I manage to find a new way to run adhell on android 13, confirm working on my s23U. But it is the only method so i cant share publicly for the sake of keeping Adhell safe. PM me if you want to know the way, ill reply if i had time

Edit: after Auguste 2023 update , some user feedback that this method won't work anymore. So I guess that's it for us. For those that got work, it still work good
    Adhell 3.1.x – KNOX AdBlocker for Samsung Galaxy devices and Package Disabler
    . Adhell is a Samsung Knox based application which can Block system-wide Ads, trackers, analytics from applications without root. It has more functionalities than just Ad-Blocker including Package Disabler, Mobile Restricter, App Permissions controller

Z6PkxmJm.jpg

Features
    • Pre-Activated KNOX ELM Licence (Must be renewed every 3 months, and can be generated from url below)
    • Domain Limit Size Increase (50,000)
    • Disable Apps Enabled by default
    • Apps Component Enabled by default
    ADHell v3.1.1 - Download
    The APK provided my cease to function at any time, due to the restrictions put in place by Samsung Knox key validation and not due to the fault of my own doing.
    I hold zero responsibility for the use of this app in any liable circumstance.
    *Unknown Apps must be enabled to install third-party APK files.

If you don't wish to use the above download you may compile your own APK from the source below

WHAT TO DO WHEN IT DOES NOT ACTIVATE/BYOA (Build Your Own App)
    Error: 102
    This appears due to the Licence being activated more than six times with the same package name while using a developer ELM key and not a commercial partner unlimited use ELM key (Samsung KNOX restriction not the App)
    You have a couple of options -
    • Change the ELM Key pre-installed by opening the app and going to the settings menu of the Adhell3 then scroll to the bottom of the menu and you will find the button to change the key to your own Knox ELM you generated.
    • Use an APK editor to make a change to the installed package name so that it is unique which should allow the pre-installed key to activate (ask others how to do that, but this might bypass the six activation limit under the same package name)
    • Compile your own version of Adhell3, instructions to do so are below.
    Please note as of this time if you don't already have a Knox ELM key generated from some previous use of Knox API applications you will have to wait as ELM key generations have been removed from SEAP for non-partner developers until further notice.

How to compile your own version of Adhell3
    1. First grab the KNOX SDK and LIB you want the Knox SDK 3.3 (API level 28) & supportlib.jar (Dec 17/18, for older devices)
    2. Get yourself a new KNOX ELM Key from here, It should look something like this.
    3. Grab the Adhell3 Scripts from here, and follow the instructions which are clearly written for your operating system. (Note: you may need to type
      Code:
      adhell3.cmd setup
      under windows 10)
    4. When you are done you should be left with a folder looking like this which has your built APK package file ready to be moved to your device for install.
      If you struggle to understand how to modify the app before compile I have a ready to go app.properties you can use as a base, just be sure to place the file where the instructions say and to add your OWN KEY in the
      Code:
      skl.key=yourkeyhere

An example app.properties file could look like this -
      Code:
      package.name=com.adhell3.12345
      domain.limit=100000
      enable.disableApps=true
      enable.appComponent=true
      appComponent.showSytemApps=false
      skl.key=D39335379587987309734637654687675985678078960879789057y58659867967890876706780670

Compiled from Sources -
    Fusion Jack- Adhell 3 GitLab Source
    Generate Samsung ELM KNOX Licence Key - SIGN IN FIRST then click the link and it should take you right to it.
    Good day everyone, by the discovery of @pascua28, we manage to get a way to run adhell again on latest oneui 6.0 patch. PM me (again) if you need it

Edit: add latest adhell build from @Hansoliv
    Folks, I see LOTS of misinformation in this thread. I strongly suggest that you look at the "official" AdHell3 GitLab repo and associated discordapp support area. At the very least, check the README on GItLab.

Compiling: AdHell's current dev has provided convenient scripts for Windows/MacOS/Linux that make creating/updating your own copy a trivial matter. You can also use Android Studio or git, but the scripts are probably by far the easiest approach for most casual users.

Using precompiled APKs: Your only choice if you don't have access to a computer, but tread very carefully. You MUST change the package ID (with APK Editor?) and understand which buid and options whoever created that APK was using. This should be only a last resort. Compiling is a lot safer, easier and faster than you might think (updating and installing to a new build only takes seconds on most computers).

The Knox key: Read the instructions carefully. Create/use a Samsung developer acount, revoke any previous keys you may have, and get a new EDU key (it's 128 bytes long). If you can't create a key or your key is rejected, that simply means you made a mistake. Re-read the instructions and try again. Your Samsung developer account can use any email address and is unrelated to your "real" Samsung user account. After 90 days, your key will expire. Revoke it or switch to a new dev account, then get a new EDU key for another 90 days, no need to change your AdHell settings besides entering the new key when prompted.

Remember, AdHell is basically a tool to configure the Knox firewall included with our Samsung devices (not just S10). Pick the correct block lists and settings for your personal needs, and once that's done you don't even need to run AdHell at all, not even in background, until you need to change something.