[Adreno 430][Vulkan] Vulkan API for Adreno 430 (Android Nougat)

Search This thread

GreyLeshy

Feb 1, 2017
Saint-Petersburg and Olonets
Reactions: KUIRY and bungadudu

frankm87

Dec 19, 2015
Two questions:
1) does Android 7.0 on Z5 provide a GL ES 3.2 driver? Or is this still GL ES 3.1 + Android Extension Pack extensions?
2) The original poster mentions a vulkan+GLES driver release. So what kind of improvements are made available with this driver release, regarding GL ES?

GreyLeshy

Feb 1, 2017
Two questions:
1) does Android 7.0 on Z5 provide a GL ES 3.2 driver? Or is this still GL ES 3.1 + Android Extension Pack extensions?
2) The original poster mentions a vulkan+GLES driver release. So what kind of improvements are made available with this driver release, regarding GL ES?
1) I am not a developer of drivers for Adreno and can not know this information.
In stock firmware 32.3.A.0.372/376 driver Adreno supports OpenGL ES 3.2.

2) What original post?
This release contains only the driver Vulkan!

Will it work on xt1580 moto droid turbo 2
This driver should work on all phones with msm8994, so try. You need to have a firmware based on Nougat. If the driver does not work, then the firmware does not have enough libraries.

aka70698

Jul 22, 2013
Adreno 430 Graphics Driver for Vulkan API (Android 7.x)
People, I ported the driver Vulkan API of Nexus 6P. Vulkan API works, played to test the game VG: Vulkan Beta.

The driver will work on all smartphones with Snapdragon 810.
5rkss55.png

Vulkan driver is installed via TWRP Recovery.
To return to the stock driver, you need to make a backup of the SYSTEM partition.

Last Updated 2017-02-13. Removed the driver, leading to artifacts (opengles.vulkan.msm8994). The firmware 32.3.A.0.376 OpenGL ES 3.2 driver is newer than the Nexus 6P (N4F26O).
The post I can only create in this section.​

1) I am not a developer of drivers for Adreno and can not know this information.
In stock firmware 32.3.A.0.372/376 driver Adreno supports OpenGL ES 3.2.

2) What original post?

This driver should work on all phones with msm8994, so try. You need to have a firmware based on Nougat. If the driver does not work, then the firmware does not have enough libraries.

Thanks

frankm87

Dec 19, 2015
2) What original post?

Do you realize that you wrote:

samavar89 said:
The driver is installed via TWRP Recovery and nothing more needs to be done.
If you want to install only the driver Vulkan, select vulkan.msm8994.
If you want to install only the driver Vulkan and update the OpenGL ES driver, select opengles.vulkan.msm8994

GreyLeshy

Feb 1, 2017
Right. Let me rephrase my question.
What did the update try to improve regarding OpenGL ES functionality?
Was this a bug fix release? Apparently not, since it lead to artifacts.
As I wrote earlier, at this point release only includes the driver Vulkan. Driver Vulkan stable.
The release does not affect the functionality of OpenGL ES.
The artifacts were only on the OpenGL ES driver. The main it is not working the camera.
To eliminate artifacts need to edit the library, and a lot of time, and do not need. Stock OpenGL ES driver and so works fine.

fabry92

Sep 20, 2016
i don't know why but i need to manually install apk vg vulkan beta. On playstore appear "ur device isn't compatible with this version"
Oneplus 2 os:lineage

Dhicky

Oct 25, 2013
Payakumbuh
as far as I know Vulkan works faster than openGL ES, but does it eat more battery or lesser instead?
thak you in advance

Top Liked Posts