• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Ads in Samsung apps

Search This thread

tim2london

Mar 12, 2013
I don't understand why is Samsung pushing their advertisement into more and more native apps
Weather app recently got an update and now is full with full screen adverts
I just don't understand...you pay £1500 for s phone...build in adverts is the last thing you want

If the weather channel is charging you to the point you need to turn your weather app into a non stop adverts app... change supplier to a free one

Otherwise don't charge us loads for fed-forced feeding adverts

Attachments

• Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 178
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    413.9 KB · Views: 176

Aluyi

Apr 20, 2012
Nuremberg, Germany.
I don't understand why is Samsung pushing their advertisement into more and more native apps
I just don't understand...you pay £1500 for s phone...build in adverts is the last thing you want

If the weather channel is charging you to the point you need to turn your weather app into a non stop adverts app... change supplier to a free one

Do this good man and show Samsung the middle finger

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210803-144837_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210803-144837_Settings.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 222

tim2london

Mar 12, 2013
lol im hoping that when i pay £1500 on a phone i dont need to install DNS on it to turn off ads - honestly - what is it with samsung these days?!
i think soon the phones will come with some option like ads-free subscription OS - £10/mo - otherwise here is an OS full of adverts every 5 min

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010
You only get them if you opt in to the customisation of each service. Customisation => personal ads. If you opt-out they should stop

Aluyi

Apr 20, 2012
Nuremberg, Germany.
lol im hoping that when i pay £1500 on a phone i dont need to install DNS on it to turn off ads - honestly - what is it with samsung these days?!
i think soon the phones will come with some option like ads-free subscription OS - £10/mo - otherwise here is an OS full of adverts every 5 min
In my humble opinion if you wanna fork out £1500 for a phone you gotta really own it, that´s what I´d do. I got the same phone and I´m rooted and I OWN it, no crap or horse **** from Samsung or Google. Why pay so much for a phone and accept bullshit from Samsung, why are you just hugging the **** and have all that knox and Samsung pissfuck still in it? My S21 Ultra is flying, the sound is outta this world, very light and debloated. I can still use my Banking stuff and all that, I have Sony Keyboard, Sony SketchEF font, Viper4Android, JamesDSP, Netflix, Amazon and all the many goodies plus my security is dope. So my man, you paid £1500 and gave Samsung the keys....I wouldn´t do that. Methinks

Reactions: 3mel

tim2london

Mar 12, 2013
In my humble opinion if you wanna fork out £1500 for a phone you gotta really own it, that´s what I´d do. I got the same phone and I´m rooted and I OWN it, no crap or horse **** from Samsung or Google. Why pay so much for a phone and accept bullshit from Samsung, why are you just hugging the **** and have all that knox and Samsung pissfuck still in it? My S21 Ultra is flying, the sound is outta this world, very light and debloated. I can still use my Banking stuff and all that, I have Sony Keyboard, Sony SketchEF font, Viper4Android, JamesDSP, Netflix, Amazon and all the many goodies plus my security is dope. So my man, you paid £1500 and gave Samsung the keys....I wouldn´t do that. Methinks
not everyone is a phone rooting guru or wants to be
i just want a phone with no ads
is that too much to ask these days?

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010

Turn of personalisation services in each app/service and you do not get ads. BTW personalisation = personal ads.

lywyn

Jul 19, 2010
I get no ads in the UK by disabling the customisation or personalisation options in the apps. A mate who has the same phone but has not disabled them gets ads.

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Turn of personalisation services in each app/service and you do not get ads. BTW personalisation = personal ads.

Disable personalised ads will bring you some generic global ads such as PayPal, etc. It will still bring you ads, but less dependent on your region, hobbies, etc.
Sorry, when I said location, I meant, it's region dependent, so it doesn't matter if you turn off location.
So skipping the entire setup process(even before you chooses your language), while hardly possible, can technically bring a zero ad experience?

ione2380

Oct 13, 2009
Brasov
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Disable personalised ads will bring you some generic global ads such as PayPal, etc. It will still bring you ads, but less dependent on your region, hobbies, etc.

So skipping the entire setup process(even before you chooses your language), while hardly possible, can technically bring a zero ad experience?
Just go to settings- privacy- customisation and see if it is turned on. Turn it off. Also see of you have "receive marketing information" on. Turn that off also.

I can't guarantee this will work, as I can't reproduce it on my phone. My csc doesn't receive ads.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210804-161249_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210804-161249_Settings.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020

Just entered "dns.adguard.com" as private DNS server and it killed the ads in NOAA. So far no issues. Seems faster too.
I'm just playing around and not register or logged in to Adguard but it seems to be working.
This too easy...
What am I missing (if anything)?🤣

Reactions: SMcC2

No popular tech product respects your privacy or provides a good user experience out of the box. We have to be technologically literate to make basic improvements like blocking trackers and ads, and maybe just replacing their default apps with good ones.

SMcC2

Feb 22, 2014
Texas
OnePlus 6T
No popular tech product respects your privacy or provides a good user experience out of the box. We have to be technologically literate to make basic improvements like blocking trackers and ads, and maybe just replacing their default apps with good ones.
Agreed!
I've introduced so many people to piHole and AdAway and browser plugins like uBlock, etc lately!

Reactions: Finn1sher

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Do this good man and show Samsung the middle finger

Just entered "dns.adguard.com" as private DNS server and it killed the ads in NOAA. So far no issues. Seems faster too.
    I'm just playing around and not register or logged in to Adguard but it seems to be working.
    This too easy...
    What am I missing (if anything)?🤣