• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Ads in Samsung apps

Search This thread

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Agreed!
I've introduced so many people to piHole and AdAway and browser plugins like uBlock, etc lately!
Lol, this thread helped me. Don't know if blocks Samsung as I have it locked down with Karma Firewall.
That little dns mode is working like a charm. Blocks all kinds of annoying things, on browsers too. So far hasn't blocked anything useful.
Probably a time limited freebie🤣

Reactions: SMcC2

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Better buy a Motorola or Xiaomi
without this bloatware :(

Samsung is the most customizable stock Android. Hundreds of free icon packs and themes, the Good Lock family of apps and more.
I use a package disabler, Karma Firewall and that little Adguard trick I learned here.
My 10+ runs great and looks like I want it to.

o.loofi

Jul 6, 2018
Samsung is the most customizable stock Android. Hundreds of free icon packs and themes, the Good Lock family of apps and more.
I use a package disabler, Karma Firewall and that little Adguard trick I learned here.
My 10+ runs great and looks like I want it to.
Realy, Xiaomi is the same as Samsung?
But the Motorola StockRom is without ballast.
I use a Moto X4 with LineageOS that works very well :)

Aluyi

Apr 20, 2012
Nuremberg, Germany.

Just entered "dns.adguard.com" as private DNS server and it killed the ads in NOAA. So far no issues. Seems faster too.
I'm just playing around and not register or logged in to Adguard but it seems to be working.
This too easy...
What am I missing (if anything)?🤣
Said it before....:cool:

Reactions: blackhawk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't understand why is Samsung pushing their advertisement into more and more native apps
    Weather app recently got an update and now is full with full screen adverts
    I just don't understand...you pay £1500 for s phone...build in adverts is the last thing you want

If the weather channel is charging you to the point you need to turn your weather app into a non stop adverts app... change supplier to a free one

Otherwise don't charge us loads for fed-forced feeding adverts
    I don't understand why is Samsung pushing their advertisement into more and more native apps
    Weather app recently got an update and now is full with full screen adverts
    I just don't understand...you pay £1500 for s phone...build in adverts is the last thing you want

If the weather channel is charging you to the point you need to turn your weather app into a non stop adverts app... change supplier to a free one

Otherwise don't charge us loads for fed-forced feeding adverts
    Do this good man and show Samsung the middle finger
    In my humble opinion if you wanna fork out £1500 for a phone you gotta really own it, that´s what I´d do. I got the same phone and I´m rooted and I OWN it, no crap or horse **** from Samsung or Google. Why pay so much for a phone and accept bullshit from Samsung, why are you just hugging the **** and have all that knox and Samsung pissfuck still in it? My S21 Ultra is flying, the sound is outta this world, very light and debloated. I can still use my Banking stuff and all that, I have Sony Keyboard, Sony SketchEF font, Viper4Android, JamesDSP, Netflix, Amazon and all the many goodies plus my security is dope. So my man, you paid £1500 and gave Samsung the keys....I wouldn´t do that. Methinks
    not everyone is a phone rooting guru or wants to be
    i just want a phone with no ads
    is that too much to ask these days?
    lol im hoping that when i pay £1500 on a phone i dont need to install DNS on it to turn off ads - honestly - what is it with samsung these days?!
    i think soon the phones will come with some option like ads-free subscription OS - £10/mo - otherwise here is an OS full of adverts every 5 min
    In my humble opinion if you wanna fork out £1500 for a phone you gotta really own it, that´s what I´d do. I got the same phone and I´m rooted and I OWN it, no crap or horse **** from Samsung or Google. Why pay so much for a phone and accept bullshit from Samsung, why are you just hugging the **** and have all that knox and Samsung pissfuck still in it? My S21 Ultra is flying, the sound is outta this world, very light and debloated. I can still use my Banking stuff and all that, I have Sony Keyboard, Sony SketchEF font, Viper4Android, JamesDSP, Netflix, Amazon and all the many goodies plus my security is dope. So my man, you paid £1500 and gave Samsung the keys....I wouldn´t do that. Methinks

Just entered "dns.adguard.com" as private DNS server and it killed the ads in NOAA. So far no issues. Seems faster too.
    I'm just playing around and not register or logged in to Adguard but it seems to be working.
    This too easy...
    What am I missing (if anything)?🤣