• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Ads, Malware & Antivirus Protection

Search This thread

dj24

Jun 23, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
I have been looking to add protection for my Note 20 ultra and wanted to know what everyone recommends/ use on their phone? Is there one that most of you use that covers all 3 or are you using separate options? Free version is my preference but if it's worthy I don't mind paying for it.

Thanks!

adj998

I have been looking to add protection for my Note 20 ultra and wanted to know what everyone recommends/ use on their phone? Is there one that most of you use that covers all 3 or are you using separate options? Free version is my preference but if it's worthy I don't mind paying for it.

Thanks!
You don't really need malware or antivirus protection unless you're downloading apk files from an untrusted source, but as far as ads go, I use adguard and it is free and blocks most, if not all ads for me in combination with Firefox, but that's just my preference.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Android 9 and up are pretty secure unless do something stupid.
Be wary what you download and especially side loading apks
Antivirus? Meh... no saving dumb bunnies.

I occasionally scan with Malwarebytes but it never runs in the background.
Always keep an eye on the download folder for things you didn't download or odd behavior. There are malware jpegs out there that are fun when downloaded.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks!
    You don't really need malware or antivirus protection unless you're downloading apk files from an untrusted source, but as far as ads go, I use adguard and it is free and blocks most, if not all ads for me in combination with Firefox, but that's just my preference.