• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Ads popping up for no reason on new Galaxy 10

Search This thread

nirmitlamed

Sep 4, 2012
My cousin bought new Galaxy 10 and i don't know how she did that but she has some adds popping up from time to time. I have tried to find if there is an weird app installed but couldn't find one. What do you suggest to do?

Attachments

• vered1.jpg
    vered1.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 236
  • vered2.jpg
    vered2.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 234

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
Jan 30, 2006
NSW, Australia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
She's definitely installed some dodgy app that has caused it. IN the second screenshot, I can see a RAM cleaner. That's garbage, and they are often bundled with ads. Get rid of that. Also the "Hot apps" one. Get rid of that too. ANything that's not a legit apps such as Facebook, Whatsapp etc, uninstall it, and you'll find the ads will be gone,

Reactions: vimto25

nirmitlamed

Sep 4, 2012
She's definitely installed some dodgy app that has caused it. IN the second screenshot, I can see a RAM cleaner. That's garbage, and they are often bundled with ads. Get rid of that. Also the "Hot apps" one. Get rid of that too. ANything that's not a legit apps such as Facebook, Whatsapp etc, uninstall it, and you'll find the ads will be gone,

Thats the thing, i thought that too but i didn't find any on the phone apps library. When you hit on Hot apps it just take you to the play store to download the app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.