• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread

Ascii3

Sep 17, 2015
Thank you @VR25 for the Advanced Charging Controller (ACC) software.

I want to bring to your attention to a related problem/complication that I believe many Android users face, including myself: The Android charger/charging port is quite often co-mingled with the USB port and such Android devices are configured to always charge when connected to a USB-cabled power source, regardless as to whether that source is for data, alternate mode function, or other non-charge function. Oftentimes one wishes to use the USB port for its USB data function only and not perform charging operations unless necessary (even more especially so when the host source providing the charge is itself running on battery and it is important not to drain the host).

Is there a way to automatically have the charging settings be applied differently, depending on what kind of connection (charger, USB data, USB alternate mode, etc.) is being negotiated? If not, would you please consider its implementation?

Also, is there a way to disable special or fast charging standards like the various Quick Charge and Power delivery standards, so that one may just rely on basic USB bus power to charge? If not, would you please consider its implementation?

Saphira209

Jun 8, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
I've been using ACC normally without issue for a long time, but since a few days ago my phone keeps charging to 100% over night, no update or change was made before this.
I have checked to make sure acc was running before going to sleep last night, but in the morning phone was still fully charged and in the command it shows acc daemon is not running.
What might be the problem here? I'm using Redmi K40 with xiaomi.eu rom.

Bjberry00

Nov 19, 2012
Stuttgart
Hey, I'm new to the ACC World. Just downloaded ACC via Magisk (23) on my mi 10 ultra with weekly xiaomi.eu 21.9.28.
Also I downloaded the settings app.
I did no modifications what so ever, but it seems, it's not charging at 120W anymore.... :-(

What can I do? What did I mess up?

TioCareca

Hey, I'm new to the ACC World. Just downloaded ACC via Magisk (23) on my mi 10 ultra with weekly xiaomi.eu 21.9.28.
Also I downloaded the settings app.
I did no modifications what so ever, but it seems, it's not charging at 120W anymore.... :-(

What can I do? What did I mess up?
some xiaomi's had reported dying after using this because of faulty pmic chip....

Reactions: duttyend

Bjberry00

Nov 19, 2012
Stuttgart
Hmmmm .....that's good news!!! NOT!
How do I get it off the system? Will removing in Magisk be enough?

And to be clear, it's still charging at "lower" speeds.

LNS

May 3, 2014
it's not all, there were reports on all line of poco's and in some redmi 9 and note 9, in telegram some said its on others too, but i still to see real report of that...
Well it's very worth mentioning if devices are dying("all line of poco's"). I believe the dev will do what's needed informing users if this indeed is happening. (I Am on a note 9s btw)

liott

Nov 28, 2014
Paris
Hi, I don't understand what's going on every key pressed on the keyboard produces this strange effect :
2021-10-12 18_13_09-Window.png
Tested on different keyboards and laptops

it's not all, there were reports on all line of poco's and in some redmi 9 and note 9, in telegram some said its on others too, but i still to see real report of that...

Hi Tio! Can you please give us more info on that??? What is exactly dieing? Mobile itself, charging in general, fast charging?
Can revert it??? Or does it cause a hardware damage?

Well please tell us everything you know! And maybe point to us where other people are talking about that. This can be a problem to lots of people if a confirmed bug.

I'm just about to start using ACC on both Poco X3 NFC and X3 PRO. 😲😲😲

Reactions: duttyend

TioCareca

Hi Tio! Can you give us more info on that??? What is exactly dieing? Mobile itself, charging in general, fast charging?
Can revert it??? Or it causes a hardware damage?

Well please tell us everything you know! And maybe point to us where other people are talking about that. This can be a problem to lots of people if a confirmed bug.

I'm just about to start using ACC on both Poco X3 NFC and X3 PRO. 😲😲😲
hi, it started here:

and was talked in telegram and some people said the same, and some reported there that was seen in others outside poco line...

As i had understand its hardware, the pmic (charge controler) bug when used smart charging or other power supply options and phone stop charging completely, until now don't know if it's possible to revert...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211012-182815_XDA_Developers.png
    Screenshot_20211012-182815_XDA_Developers.png
    377.9 KB · Views: 23

liott

Nov 28, 2014
Paris
you not pressing the right option, or its not recognizing
On the screenshot I pressed 9 > > Edit config.txt

All the options produce this mess of the keyboard.
What do you mean by 'its not recognizing' ?

EDIT : please help me, I just reinstall everything on my old S4 mini (from scratch) LOS18.1 + magisk + acc plugin >> same crazy keyboard :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    v2021.11.3 (202111030)
    - Fixed installation issues
    - Improved support for the current Magisk canary.
    - Shutdown warning notifications (mV) are now posted at shutdown_capacity + 100mV (formerly 200).

DJS has also been upgraded.
    Hello, does anybody have any idea how to set ACCA so it won't show charging icon, when connected&not charging? I would like to see to be able to check when the phone has stopped charging during the night, exactly.
    Run su -c acc -s cs=true on terminal.
    cs is short for capaciy_sync (more details in the readme).
    I'm curious if anyone has had success with this on the Pixel 6. I read this on the acc github but I'm not sure how to make use of that in the configuration (I'm a noob with this module/config app).

It mentions:
    Code:
    /sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_start_level:100
    /sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level:0

I'm confused on how to create the commands to set this up. It's clearly a "acc -s" command, but where does the "charger/charge_start_level:100" go? I'm assuming "/sys/devices/platform/google" is the switch file?

zee3are0 et al.,

I've been experimenting with botth.
    So far, those control files seem to behave very inconsistently.
    Perhaps Google released non-production quality software.
    Have you tried the current/voltage approaches? (Readme > tips > idle mode and alternatives)

Anyway, here's how to test and and set those two switches:

1. /sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level and /sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_start_level

Test: acc -t /sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level 100 5 /sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_start_level 0 95

Set: acc -s s="/sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level 100 5 /sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_start_level 0 95"

2. Just /sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level

Test: acc -t /sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level 100 5

Set: acc -s s="/sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level 100 5"
    After latest update, I now get
    [/sys/devices/platform/soc/soc:eek:plus,chg_intf/oplus_chg/battery/mmi_charging_enable 1 0] works
    - battIdleMode=false

Will see how it works tonight
    That's one of the recently discovered charging switches.
    There might be more, according to the output of acc -p.
    After testing, I found the following 2 reporting "works" on my OP9.

sys/devices/platform/soc/soc:eek:plus,chg_intf/oplus_chg/battery/chg_enable 1 0

/sys/devices/platform/soc/soc:eek:plus,chg_intf/soc:eek:plus,chg_intf:eek:plus,wireless-charge/oplus_chg/wireless/batt_chg_enable 1 0

For each, I entered acc -ss /path/to/switchabove.

Ill see of it works nay better.
    To set switches, run acc --set charging_switch="file on off file2 on off --"

As you can see, more than one switch can be set at once, but most of the time, one is enough. The trailing " --" ensures the switch is not unset if it fails (i.e., prevents falling back to "automatic")

acc --set charging_switch= can be shortened for faster typing: acc -s s=
    Archive
    Find newer zips here.
    Those who are worried about other projects of mine not being updated for a long time, possibly abandoned...
    Stop worrying.
    After the next stable ACC release, I'll focus more on the other Magisk modules (fbind, Migrator, Systemless GApps, etc.).
    The current ACC framework is the base of all the other projects - meaning, making it rock stable it priority #0.
    A new stable release is up.
    It can be downloaded from Magisk Manager > Downloads as well.
    Refer to the readme for a full list of changes, features and recommendations.
    Now I'll be focusing more on the other projects (migrator, fbind, systemless GApps, daily job scheduler...).
    Until these reach satisfactory status, acc will only get occasional maintenance updates (bugfixes, optimizations, new charging control files...).

Edit: the installer enforced by Magisk Manager is not playing nice with acc. Until I fix that, use the zip from GitHub (release link above).

Edit 2: fixed.