• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread

Valiante

Jul 7, 2013
Not sure what the heck happened but my device is continually charging to 80 and discharging to 60 before charging again.

I have battery idle on and it worked in the past so I'm not sure what's going on?

I want it to charge to 80 and stay there ...

TioCareca

Not sure what the heck happened but my device is continually charging to 80 and discharging to 60 before charging again.

I have battery idle on and it worked in the past so I'm not sure what's going on?

I want it to charge to 80 and stay there ...
same phone and same rom?
battery idle is kernel dependent, if kernel don't support it will not work....

Reactions: duttyend

Valiante

Jul 7, 2013
same phone and same rom?
battery idle is kernel dependent, if kernel don't support it will not work....
Yeah everything is the same, I just had to reinstall the app because I was testing something. But when I reinstalled it, battery idle wouldn't work anymore

Edit: like an idiot I left my rom's smart charger enabled. Problem is now solved lol

Last edited:

StefCGN

Jul 26, 2019
Hi,
i was trying to install the APK on my SM-T800 Tablet with LineageOS and SuperUser installed.
The App is starting but tells me, that installation failed. I should send the Logfile, bute in the mentioned path there is no logfile.
Does anybody have an idea?
Edit: Busybox was not installed. The charging was working one time.

The charger remains in the slot and currently the battery is below 56%.

I have enabled the "Default" Profile, which is 80% to 60%. Currently, it says, it is discharging, but it should be charging.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited:

StefCGN

Jul 26, 2019
HI,
is it also possible, that the cable stays in the slot and the charging process repeats everytime from 60% to 80%?

roxy1712

May 31, 2012
Washington, DC
Just started using the app again on my Pixel 4a.

Is there a bug that's keeping the screen on while charging? I have my phone set to keep screen off, AOD is off, but it keeps popping back on. Charger is firmly plugged in at both ends.

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
just wondering,
is this still useable if i have android 12 and poco x3 pro?
thanks

why not install and test it, theres an automated test via the ACCA app to see if the ROMs kernel supports a range of charging switches

its what i'd do rather than post here and wait for someone with the same device and A12 to come along and chance upon your post.........

it cannot hurt your device to try....

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
Thank you @VR25 for the Advanced Charging Controller (ACC) software.

I want to bring to your attention to a related problem/complication that I believe many Android users face, including myself: The Android charger/charging port is quite often co-mingled with the USB port and such Android devices are configured to always charge when connected to a USB-cabled power source, regardless as to whether that source is for data, alternate mode function, or other non-charge function. Oftentimes one wishes to use the USB port for its USB data function only and not perform charging operations unless necessary (even more especially so when the host source providing the charge is itself running on battery and it is important not to drain the host).

Is there a way to automatically have the charging settings be applied differently, depending on what kind of connection (charger, USB data, USB alternate mode, etc.) is being negotiated? If not, would you please consider its implementation?

Also, is there a way to disable special or fast charging standards like the various Quick Charge and Power delivery standards, so that one may just rely on basic USB bus power to charge? If not, would you please consider its implementation?
Added to the todo list.

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
I've been using ACC normally without issue for a long time, but since a few days ago my phone keeps charging to 100% over night, no update or change was made before this.
I have checked to make sure acc was running before going to sleep last night, but in the morning phone was still fully charged and in the command it shows acc daemon is not running.
What might be the problem here? I'm using Redmi K40 with xiaomi.eu rom.
Reset your config (acc -sr).
Check whether at least one charging switch works (acc -t) and report back after testing acc again for some time.
Keep in mind that a kernel update often breaks things. This has been happening quite frequently lately,.

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
HAVE
Running initial test on wireless charger provided
:/ $ su :/ # acc --test (!) Charger must be plugged to continue... (i) Alright, this may take a minute or so... (!) [/sys/devices/platform/soc/soc:oplus,chg_intf/oplus_chg/battery/mmi_charging_enable 1 0] won't work :/ #
Have you tried workarounds (e.g., using voltage/current control files as charging switches) as described in the readme?
Start by checking whether current/voltage limits are honored while charging wirelessly.

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
Hi Tio! Can you please give us more info on that??? What is exactly dieing? Mobile itself, charging in general, fast charging?
Can revert it??? Or does it cause a hardware damage?

Well please tell us everything you know! And maybe point to us where other people are talking about that. This can be a problem to lots of people if a confirmed bug.

I'm just about to start using ACC on both Poco X3 NFC and X3 PRO. 😲😲😲
This is documented under README > WARNINGS.
There are temporary solutions/workarounds.

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
Thank you @VR25 for the Advanced Charging Controller (ACC) software.

I want to bring to your attention to a related problem/complication that I believe many Android users face, including myself: The Android charger/charging port is quite often co-mingled with the USB port and such Android devices are configured to always charge when connected to a USB-cabled power source, regardless as to whether that source is for data, alternate mode function, or other non-charge function. Oftentimes one wishes to use the USB port for its USB data function only and not perform charging operations unless necessary (even more especially so when the host source providing the charge is itself running on battery and it is important not to drain the host).

Is there a way to automatically have the charging settings be applied differently, depending on what kind of connection (charger, USB data, USB alternate mode, etc.) is being negotiated? If not, would you please consider its implementation?

Also, is there a way to disable special or fast charging standards like the various Quick Charge and Power delivery standards, so that one may just rely on basic USB bus power to charge? If not, would you please consider its implementation?
Unfortunately, Android is a mess when it comes to standards.
Only a handful of devices/kernels actually offer fairly well defined intefaces for those features.
Nonetheless, I'm exploring ways of abstracting as many control interfaces as possible.
Keep an eye on release changelogs.

Meanwhile, as workarounds, you can disable/enable charging on demand with acc -d and acc -e, respectivelly - and limit the max charging current to 500 mA.

• Love

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
**v2021.10.30 (202110300)**
- Additional charging switches
- All control files (switches, current and voltage) are now contained in a single file (ctrl-files.sh) and it can be overridden by a plugin with the same name.
- Fixed issue #117 (@onokatio).
- General optimizations
- Shutdown warning notifications are less annoying (non-repetitive), but are still disabled by default. To enable, create the file `/data/adb/vr25/acc-data/warn`.
- Strip newlines from the output of acc -p.
- The logs tarball now also includes the outputs of `getprop` and `acc -p` (potential/new charging switches).
- Updated Documentation

AnonVendetta

Apr 29, 2016
Portland, OR
@VR25: I just rooted my Galaxy Tab S7+ and installed MatteCarra's ACCA app from the GitHub releases page. Magisk v23 is showing updates available for ACC and Daily Job Scheduler. But since ACCA uses its' own bundled releases of these, I'm wondering if it's safe to update (in other words, will the app have issues if I use something other than the bundled version)? I'm more comfortable with a GUI rather than CLI, so I went with the app instead.

Also, I have disabled fast charging in my stock firmware's settings. But ACCA says it is on. Should I just ignore this? Or is the app ignoring my settings and forcing it to be enabled? is there a terminal command I can run to definitively determine its' status? I really would prefer for it to be disabled.

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
@VR25: I just rooted my Galaxy Tab S7+ and installed MatteCarra's ACCA app from the GitHub releases page. Magisk v23 is showing updates available for ACC and Daily Job Scheduler. But since ACCA uses its' own bundled releases of these, I'm wondering if it's safe to update (in other words, will the app have issues if I use something other than the bundled version)? I'm more comfortable with a GUI rather than CLI, so I went with the app instead.

Also, I have disabled fast charging in my stock firmware's settings. But ACCA says it is on. Should I just ignore this? Or is the app ignoring my settings and forcing it to be enabled? is there a terminal command I can run to definitively determine its' status? I really would prefer for it to be disabled.
Upgrade. Those releases fix issues.
Whenever acc/djs releases are incompatible with acca, the changelogs mention that.

The status you see - Charging (Fast) - is provided by the kernel itself (usually through /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charge_type).
In my experience, it's meaningless.
Eventually, future AccA versions will no longer display that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh. Really thank for ur advance!!!
    I ll research more for that. Also that, I a bit noob here ^^!. So if u give me a directly step or terminal code for that, it ll be really helpful for me. I dont know what i did right or there ll be something better for "working same with 100% vut in 85% " really thank again. ^^
    The documentation has all the steps I would have you go through. Outlining them all again would be too redundant. You can start by running acc -t. It'll tell you whether your kernel supports idle mode (battIdleMode=true). If the result is positive for at least one charging switch, run acc -ss and select it.
    I'm curious if anyone has had success with this on the Pixel 6. I read this on the acc github but I'm not sure how to make use of that in the configuration (I'm a noob with this module/config app).

It mentions:
    Code:
    /sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_start_level:100
    /sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level:0

I'm confused on how to create the commands to set this up. It's clearly a "acc -s" command, but where does the "charger/charge_start_level:100" go? I'm assuming "/sys/devices/platform/google" is the switch file?

zee3are0 et al.,

I've been experimenting with botth.
    So far, those control files seem to behave very inconsistently.
    Perhaps Google released non-production quality software.
    Have you tried the current/voltage approaches? (Readme > tips > idle mode and alternatives)

Anyway, here's how to test and and set those two switches:

1. /sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level and /sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_start_level

Test: acc -t /sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level 100 5 /sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_start_level 0 95

Set: acc -s s="/sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level 100 5 /sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_start_level 0 95"

2. Just /sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level

Test: acc -t /sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level 100 5

Set: acc -s s="/sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level 100 5"
    Should I update the Magisk module even though I'm using the AccA or should I only update the AccA through the apk?
    Last update for AccA was from a few months ago while the Magisk module was just last updated back in the 1st week of November.
    The general rule of thumb is updating things only if you absolutelly need to.
    Don't fix what's not broken.

That's not to discourage anyone.
    Being a bit adventurous won't hurt.
    I don't intruduce breakng changes without notice.
    Besides, acc has a rollback feature - acc -b command reverts everthing (including the config) - no reboot required.
    After testing, I found the following 2 reporting "works" on my OP9.

sys/devices/platform/soc/soc:eek:plus,chg_intf/oplus_chg/battery/chg_enable 1 0

/sys/devices/platform/soc/soc:eek:plus,chg_intf/soc:eek:plus,chg_intf:eek:plus,wireless-charge/oplus_chg/wireless/batt_chg_enable 1 0

For each, I entered acc -ss /path/to/switchabove.

Ill see of it works nay better.
    To set switches, run acc --set charging_switch="file on off file2 on off --"

As you can see, more than one switch can be set at once, but most of the time, one is enough. The trailing " --" ensures the switch is not unset if it fails (i.e., prevents falling back to "automatic")

acc --set charging_switch= can be shortened for faster typing: acc -s s=
    I research for quite a long time and I still cant find answer for my trouble. Pls help me out :(.

I just want to limit the battery at e.g 85% like samsung did have option for there new phone, then they remain % and never go down if i still plus in charger, like plug on to charge 100% and play game. Not switch on or off. Charge to that % and remain it.

In short, is there anyway to make this module work like normal charge to 100% but in 85%? Thanks alot :(
    Sr for my bad English
    There is and it's called idle mode. It depends on the kernel. Refer to README > TIPS > Idle Mode and Alternatives.
    Archive
    Find newer zips here.
    Those who are worried about other projects of mine not being updated for a long time, possibly abandoned...
    Stop worrying.
    After the next stable ACC release, I'll focus more on the other Magisk modules (fbind, Migrator, Systemless GApps, etc.).
    The current ACC framework is the base of all the other projects - meaning, making it rock stable it priority #0.
    A new stable release is up.
    It can be downloaded from Magisk Manager > Downloads as well.
    Refer to the readme for a full list of changes, features and recommendations.
    Now I'll be focusing more on the other projects (migrator, fbind, systemless GApps, daily job scheduler...).
    Until these reach satisfactory status, acc will only get occasional maintenance updates (bugfixes, optimizations, new charging control files...).

Edit: the installer enforced by Magisk Manager is not playing nice with acc. Until I fix that, use the zip from GitHub (release link above).

Edit 2: fixed.