• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread

xtam

Jan 19, 2011
@VR25 I tried everything possible, changed switch mode, many times, rebooted many times after changing, but my note 8 exynos 950F always stops at 70% no matter if this is set to slate mode or store mode.
but battery charge limit from play store works. But I would rather have acca, more conf possibles.

lionhealth

May 11, 2011
I research for quite a long time and I still cant find answer for my trouble. Pls help me out :(.

I just want to limit the battery at e.g 85% like samsung did have option for there new phone, then they remain % and never go down if i still plus in charger, like plug on to charge 100% and play game. Not switch on or off. Charge to that % and remain it.

In short, is there anyway to make this module work like normal charge to 100% but in 85%? Thanks alot :(
Sr for my bad English

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
Ran again with a better usb charger and found another working switch. Applied first and third. Now Daemon is back to stopping while charging. Both with battery idle mode=true cause the daemon to stop almost immediately after starting charging.
I tried the one with battery idle mode=false and the profile didnt work. It didnt throtttle charging or enable cooldown and kept charging past the set threshold of 90%.

/sys/devices/platform/soc/soc:eek:plus,chg_intf/oplus_chg/battery/chg_enable 1 0

/sys/devices/platform/soc/soc:eek:plus,chg_intf/soc:eek:plus,chg_intf:eek:plus,wireless-charge/oplus_chg/wireless/chg_enable 1 0 works
- battIdleMode=false

/sys/devices/platform/soc/soc:eek:plus,chg_intf/soc:eek:plus,chg_intf:eek:plus,wireless-charge/oplus_chg/wireless/batt_chg_enable 1 0]
works
- battIdleMode=true
Share the output of acc --log tail as soon as the daemon stops.

Reactions: duttyend

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
Hello everyone!

I've got a Galaxy M21

After installing ACC, I used the setting "acc 3920" but for some reason the values do not set to 3920/3870 but to 3920/3820.

Is this change a bug or something made on purpose? If it's on purpose, why is a 100mv difference better than 50mv?

Is there a list of known charging witches which support idle mode?
The change to 100mV difference was intentional, but it's temporary.

There's a list of switches that support idle mode, but it's very poor and outdated. Just rely on the output of acc -t for information regarding idle mode support. The next acc release is going to bring enhancements to this and idle mode itself.

• Love

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
@VR25 I tried everything possible, changed switch mode, many times, rebooted many times after changing, but my note 8 exynos 950F always stops at 70% no matter if this is set to slate mode or store mode.
but battery charge limit from play store works. But I would rather have acca, more conf possibles.
The problem could be in AccA.
Try changing the switch with acc directly: acc -ss.

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
I research for quite a long time and I still cant find answer for my trouble. Pls help me out :(.

I just want to limit the battery at e.g 85% like samsung did have option for there new phone, then they remain % and never go down if i still plus in charger, like plug on to charge 100% and play game. Not switch on or off. Charge to that % and remain it.

In short, is there anyway to make this module work like normal charge to 100% but in 85%? Thanks alot :(
Sr for my bad English
There is and it's called idle mode. It depends on the kernel. Refer to README > TIPS > Idle Mode and Alternatives.

lionhealth

May 11, 2011
There is and it's called idle mode. It depends on the kernel. Refer to README > TIPS > Idle Mode and Alternatives.
Oh. Really thank for ur advance!!!
I ll research more for that. Also that, I a bit noob here ^^!. So if u give me a directly step or terminal code for that, it ll be really helpful for me. I dont know what i did right or there ll be something better for "working same with 100% vut in 85% " really thank again. ^^

-sandro-

May 6, 2011
Pescara, Italy
vimeo.com
Thank you for this!
I was able to raise the standard current for the OnePlus 6 with a "normal" charger from 1.3A to 2-2.5A.
It won't be as fast as the Dash Charger at 4A but probably that's a hardware limit because the phone needs a VOOC charger to reach that current.

killer23d

Jan 5, 2008
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
I am still trying to wrap my head around this with the Pixel 6, I noticed the issue report has been closed with the following 2 switches. How do I apply this with Terminal?

Code:
/sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_start_level:100
/sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level:0

If I want to set charge start at 70 and stop at 80, what is the exact command?

Code:
acc -s s="what goes here?"

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
Oh. Really thank for ur advance!!!
I ll research more for that. Also that, I a bit noob here ^^!. So if u give me a directly step or terminal code for that, it ll be really helpful for me. I dont know what i did right or there ll be something better for "working same with 100% vut in 85% " really thank again. ^^
The documentation has all the steps I would have you go through. Outlining them all again would be too redundant. You can start by running acc -t. It'll tell you whether your kernel supports idle mode (battIdleMode=true). If the result is positive for at least one charging switch, run acc -ss and select it.

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
I am still trying to wrap my head around this with the Pixel 6, I noticed the issue report has been closed with the following 2 switches. How do I apply this with Terminal?

Code:
/sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_start_level:100
/sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level:0

If I want to set charge start at 70 and stop at 80, what is the exact command?

Code:
acc -s s="what goes here?"
Those switches are still under testing. Users reported mixed results. Try the following:
1. Set your pause and resume thresholds as usual;
2. Set the stop_level charging switch: acc -s s="/sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level 100 5 --";
3. Test and let me know how things go.

killer23d

Jan 5, 2008
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Those switches are still under testing. Users reported mixed results. Try the following:
1. Set your pause and resume thresholds as usual;
2. Set the stop_level charging switch: acc -s s="/sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level 100 5 --";
3. Test and let me know how things go.

I did this

Code:
oriole:/ # acc --set pause_capacity=80 resume_capacity=75
oriole:/ # acc -s s="/sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level 100 5 --"

What does "100 5" mean in the suggested switch? doesn't it contradict with pause_capacity=80 and resume_capacity=75?

EDIT: The charging stops at 80, I tried a reboot and it seemed to survive the reboot. ACCA shows it is Not Charging (Unknown). I have attached the log if you want to inspect.

Attachments

• acc-logs-oriole.tar.gz
    201.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
I did this

Code:
oriole:/ # acc --set pause_capacity=80 resume_capacity=75
oriole:/ # acc -s s="/sys/devices/platform/google,charger/charge_stop_level 100 5 --"

What does "100 5" mean in the suggested switch? doesn't it contradict with pause_capacity=80 and resume_capacity=75?

EDIT: The charging stops at 80, I tried a reboot and it seemed to survive the reboot. ACCA shows it is Not Charging (Unknown). I have attached the log if you want to inspect.
Looks like it's working as expected.

Regarding "100 5", the first number refers to the default value (charging is set to stop at 100 by default) and the latter is the tweak that allows charging to stop earlier. Of course, any value below (or equal to) your pause % will work. 5 is like a one size fits all (i.e., does not have to be changed whenever pause_capacity is updated).

When capacity <= resume_capacity, acc writes 100 (the default) to the file.
When capacity >= pause_capacity, acc writes 5 to the file.

hanneshoch3

Mar 22, 2011
On a Oneplus 7 pro, when I 'charge once to %', it will charge to it multiple times, basically it seems like it is set as the new upper limit. A restart of accd helps, but is kinda annoying. Any ideas?

Zaboon26

May 4, 2018
Valence
Question, would it be possible to integrate a feature that switches charging profiles according to wireless or Bluetooth connection?

As an example, if my phone is connected to my bluetooth headunit in my vehicle and plugged into a USB charger, switch from the default profile to a profile that allows the phone to charge to a user defined percentage as quickly as possible.
I'd like to do the same thing, i'm trying with Automate but i can't get it to work, i just manage to start the acca app but i'm still looking for how to set an inside app action, like starting one specific profile.
Any one has knowledge on this?

archer797

Oct 15, 2010
Bangalore
I have downloaded the test version 2021.12.4 version in Magisk. When I go in AccA app, under Settings->ACC Version, I do not see option to have the app use this new version. What am I doing wrong?

killer23d

Jan 5, 2008
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Looks like it's working as expected.

Regarding "100 5", the first number refers to the default value (charging is set to stop at 100 by default) and the latter is the tweak that allows charging to stop earlier. Of course, any value below (or equal to) your pause % will work. 5 is like a one size fits all (i.e., does not have to be changed whenever pause_capacity is updated).

When capacity <= resume_capacity, acc writes 100 (the default) to the file.
When capacity >= pause_capacity, acc writes 5 to the file.

After 3 different charging on wired or wireless, the charging stops at 80%. Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **v2022.1.8 (202201080)**
    - `acc -p` finds even more potential switches;
    - Enhanced charging status detection;
    - General fixes & optimizations;
    - Improved idle mode support;
    - New charging switches;
    - Optimize system performance and battery utilization, by forcing `bg-dexopt-job` on daemon [re]start, if charging;
    - Support for Qualcomm SnapDragon 8 Gen 1 devices, Nokia 2.2 and more;
    - Updated documentation.
    **v2021.12.20 (202112200)**
    - [accd, misc-functions]: prevent unwanted crashes related to `eval` and `set -eu`;
    - [batt-info]: filter out the unreliable `POWER_SUPPLY_CHARGE_TYPE` property (note: this change makes AccA always display "unknown" charge type);
    - [batt-info]: fixed current reading issue;
    - [batt-info]: round current and voltage values to two decimal places;
    - [ctrl-files]: added `battery/op_disable_charge 0 1` switch;
    - [README]: updated troubleshooting section;
    - General optimizations.
    v2022.1.6 (202201060)
    - acc -p finds even more potential switches;
    - Additional charging switches;
    - Enhanced charging status detection;
    - General fixes & optimizations;
    - Improved idle mode support;
    - Support for Qualcomm SnapDragon 8 Gen 1 devices, Nokia 2.2 and more;
    - Updated documentation.

This is a pre-release. Anyone who's facing major issues is encouraged to try it.
    Please provide feedback!

Not satisfied? acc -b undoes the upgrade.
    Results of acc --log tail

354: >pca9468-mains/current_max
    354: eval echo '$on'
    354: echo 0
    355: sleep 0.5
    260: 2>/dev/null
    260: shift 3
    260: exxit
    87: exitCode=1
    88: false
    88: set +eux

And after restarting the daemon (if this is helpful)

141: set +eu
    142: eval ''
    143: eval ''
    145: '[' -n '' ']'
    171: true
    205: false
    210: false
    214: '[' -n '' ']'
    266: cooldown=false
    267: sleep 10
    Try the attached build.
    I have it set to 80% max and acc crashed when it got there and continued to wireless charge above 80%.

Though, putting it on the charger when it was above 80% shows that it's refusing charging
    That's a kernel problem. Wireless charging control, in general, is not well supported by most devices. ACC daemon deliberately stops when all available charging switches fail/refuse to disable charging. Other Pixel 6/Pro users reported success with wired charging.
    Archive
    Find newer zips here.
    Those who are worried about other projects of mine not being updated for a long time, possibly abandoned...
    Stop worrying.
    After the next stable ACC release, I'll focus more on the other Magisk modules (fbind, Migrator, Systemless GApps, etc.).
    The current ACC framework is the base of all the other projects - meaning, making it rock stable it priority #0.
    A new stable release is up.
    It can be downloaded from Magisk Manager > Downloads as well.
    Refer to the readme for a full list of changes, features and recommendations.
    Now I'll be focusing more on the other projects (migrator, fbind, systemless GApps, daily job scheduler...).
    Until these reach satisfactory status, acc will only get occasional maintenance updates (bugfixes, optimizations, new charging control files...).

Edit: the installer enforced by Magisk Manager is not playing nice with acc. Until I fix that, use the zip from GitHub (release link above).

Edit 2: fixed.