Search This thread

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
Correct. That is the default behavior of all power banks, AFAIK. The issue is the power bank stopping when the gadget is fully charged, requiring either an "unplug & replug" or a press of the power button to resume charging.

By the way, for time being, I think I found a workaround to keep the power bank active. I set max current to 500 mA, and max voltage to 3900 mV. Although the profile is 5/85/90 (off/resume/pause), the phone's battery has been showing 77% and charging for the past few hours. It does show as "full" under battery settings and "charged" on lock screen, but as long as I don't have to go and press that button, I'm good with it until some good soul suggests a better way.
After seeing which voltage control files stop charging (acc -t), you can set one (acc -ss) and see if it keeps the power bank active.
Any switch that supports idle mode for that matter, should keep the power bank active.

Reactions: duttyend
After seeing which voltage control files stop charging (acc -t), you can set one (acc -ss) and see if it keeps the power bank active.
Any switch that supports idle mode for that matter, should keep the power bank active.
I've been playing around with ACC on Taimen and Marlin. I absolutely love what you have blessed us with, here. What a fantastic suite you created.

I am looking forward to using ACC on my daily driver, Raven!

One thing I have noticed is sometimes things act unexpectedly, and I notice the daemon is not running. Couldn't find anything on exitCode=143 specific to ACC. Any idea?

Code:
taimen:/ # acc -l tail

0: cat battery/capacity
45: t 82 -ge 85
338: test 82 -ge 85
217: '[' -n '' ']'
269: cooldown=false
270: sleep 5
270: exxit
87: exitCode=143
88: false
88: set +eux

Last edited:
Reactions: VR25

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
One thing that I notice is sometimes things act unexpectedly, and I notice the daemon is not running. Couldn't find anything on exitCode=143 specific to ACC. Any idea?

Code:
taimen:/ # acc -l tail

0: cat battery/capacity
45: t 82 -ge 85
338: test 82 -ge 85
217: '[' -n '' ']'
269: cooldown=false
270: sleep 5
270: exxit
87: exitCode=143
88: set +eux
143 is a standard exit code on many systems.
It refers to SIGTERM (graceful termination request signal).
A process from your system is sending this request to acc daemon.
Try to figure out what would be doing this and why. Also, ensure you're running the latest release.

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
Notice

At this point, acc is so high in the compatibility department that if charging does not stop, 9/10 times, it's a kernel fault.
Firmware updates and security patches often break kernels.
Prior to reporting that acc does not work, try different kernel builds/types - and see if the output of acc -p contains new charging switches

kcthuan1810

Dec 20, 2021
143 is a standard exit code on many systems.
It refers to SIGTERM (graceful termination request signal).
A process from your system is sending this request to acc daemon.
Try to figure out what would be doing this and why. Also, ensure you're running the latest release.
Hi @VR25. I'm using POCO X3 Pro, which charging switch I can use? Are you have any suggestion?

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
Hi @VR25. I'm using POCO X3 Pro, which charging switch I can use? Are you have any suggestion?
If you don't set a switch, acc will use whatever works.
If you still want to manually pick a switch, run acc -t to see which switches work – and acc -ss to set one.
I can't recommend any switch in particular, since I don't know much about this device.

kcthuan1810

Dec 20, 2021
If you don't set a switch, acc will use whatever works.
If you still want to manually pick a switch, run acc -t to see which switches work – and acc -ss to set one.
I can't recommend any switch in particular, since I don't know much about this device.
It's a Xiaomi device.
One more thing, what is battIdleMode? It's not work on my phone.

DiGiTaT

Aug 15, 2010
ACC keeps stoping for me. "ACC Daemon is Not Running"

Code:
373: >pca9468-mains/current_max 373: eval echo '$on'
373: echo 0
374: sleep 0.33
274: 2>/dev/null
274: shift 3
274: exxit
87: exitCode=1
88: set + eux

I'm using a Pixel 6 Device with ProtonAOSP and the latest realse of ACC*. Is there a way to fix it?

*Default Settings btw.

Last edited:

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
It's a Xiaomi device.
One more thing, what is battIdleMode? It's not work on my phone.
Each model often has unique characteristics.
battIdleMode (or battery strandby mode) is a feature that allows a device to prioritize drawing power from the external power supply - so that the battery does not get used as much, if at all.
This requires kernel support, but there are workarounds. For details, refer to readme > tips > idle mode and alternatives.

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
Hm,
ACC keeps stoping for me. "ACC Daemon is Not Running"

Code:
373: >pca9468-mains/current_max 373: eval echo '$on'
373: echo 0
374: sleep 0.33
274: 2>/dev/null
274: shift 3
274: exxit
87: exitCode=1
88: set + eux

I'm using a Pixel 6 Device with ProtonAOSP and the latest realse of ACC*. Is there a way to fix it?

*Default Settings btw.
Hm, looks like an issue I fixed a while ago.
What's the output of acc -v?

WibblyW

May 24, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Moto X Play
Pixel 2/Android 11. Using AccA, but I am looking at what's been set in Acc by it.

The phone is charged over the pause_capacity sometimes because it is sometimes charged whilst shut down.

However prioritize_batt_idle_mode=false, yet (once booted) the phone seems to be stuck in a battery idle mode rather than allowing the battery to slowly discharge to 'safer levels' around the pause and resume capacity levels. So the battery remains at its higher state of charge, neither being charged nor allowed to discharge.

Is this expected behaviour, and is there a parameter I can set to allow the phone to discharge and be maintained (ideally in an idle mode) between the pause and resume capacity levels? Of course I can manually disconnect power for a while, but would like this to be automatic...

bush911

Oct 12, 2012
重庆
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel
It seems that latest update breaks acc.
Pixel 6, previously works well.
Now charging limit works only with 18w PD brick but the 65w

:/ $ su
:/ # acc -l tail

13: '[' ! -f /dev/.vr25/acc/curr ']'
0: sed s/-// battery/current_now
13: '[' 2062500 -le 95000 ']'
17: '[' -z dis ']'
17: '[' dis '=' dis ']'
18: '[' 2062500 -lt 2150625 ']'
20: return 0
282: '[' -1 -ge 1 ']'
304: sleep 10

:/ #

Reactions: norman00037

norman00037

Nov 17, 2021
Google Pixel 6
It seems that latest update breaks acc.
Pixel 6, previously works well.
Now charging limit works only with 18w PD brick but the 65w

:/ $ su
:/ # acc -l tail

13: '[' ! -f /dev/.vr25/acc/curr ']'
13: '[' 2062500 -le 95000 ']'
17: '[' -z dis ']'
17: '[' dis '=' dis ']'
18: '[' 2062500 -lt 2150625 ']'
20: return 0
282: '[' -1 -ge 1 ']'
304: sleep 10

:/ #
Using 100w charger just fine. Which switch you're using and what's configuration

Reactions: bush911

Darth Bidder

May 11, 2017
Xiaomi Redmi 7
I want to enable apply_on boot and applyonplug on AccA but I don't know what to put there to enable them. I looked at the instructions but I still don't understand what to do.

I wanted to enable both because when I restart my phone while chargng, it just maxes out at 65% even though I have it set to pause at 80%.

chape199

Screenshot_20220121-162523_Termux.png

Hello ive just installed this module and im trying to understand everything (already readed github readme a few times).

What switch do you guys recommend me?

norman00037

Nov 17, 2021
Google Pixel 6
I want to enable apply_on boot and applyonplug on AccA but I don't know what to put there to enable them. I looked at the instructions but I still don't understand what to do.

I wanted to enable both because when I restart my phone while chargng, it just maxes out at 65% even though I have it set to pause at 80%.
Use AccA application with friendly UI to ease the pain

Darth Bidder

May 11, 2017
Xiaomi Redmi 7
Use AccA application with friendly UI to ease the pain
I am already using the app version. But I don't know what to type on the text box to enable it. Do I just type "--exit" for apply_on_boot? It's blank by default which means disabled.

The example for apply_on_plug is about the "wireless/voltage_max that forces fast charging on Pixel devices which confuses me. Is apply_on_plug only for Pixel devices?

Attachments

• IMG_20220123_121242.jpg
    IMG_20220123_121242.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20220123_121027.jpg
    IMG_20220123_121027.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 23

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i've noticed something even though the charging stops correctly.
    after the charging stops, but while it's still plugged in with the screen off - the battery drains faster than it usually would when it's unplugged from power with the screen off.

is this just a rookie mistake on my part i assume? a setting or two i need to adjust?
    This happens because the phone won't enter deep sleep while charging.
    AFAIK there is no way to fix that.
    Are there any kernels that allow battery idle mode on xioami phones?
    Are there any kernels that allow battery idle mode on xioami phones?
    It depends on your phone,

The one I've used:

Redmi note 8: Sixteen kernel, SilonT, Quicksilver,SurgeX, almost all Redmi note 8 Kernel
    Redmi 7: SilonT (I was on A10 derpfest)
    Redmi note 7: can't find one
    OK, but what about Samsung Galaxy S10 with exynos, could anyone help...?
    I don't use Samsung but you can try acc - t to find charging switch that support idle mode

I've installed it for a friend on old Samsung S6 A10 in LOS and the idle mode is supported
    It depends on your phone,

The one I've used:

Redmi note 8: Sixteen kernel, SilonT, Quicksilver,SurgeX, almost all Redmi note 8 Kernel
    Redmi 7: SilonT (I was on A10 derpfest)
    Redmi note 7: can't find one
    Thanks a lot, that gave me hope. I'll try to find one for my mix 3. Its battery really suffers and it would help a lot to slow its degradation.
    Archive
    Find newer zips here.
    Those who are worried about other projects of mine not being updated for a long time, possibly abandoned...
    Stop worrying.
    After the next stable ACC release, I'll focus more on the other Magisk modules (fbind, Migrator, Systemless GApps, etc.).
    The current ACC framework is the base of all the other projects - meaning, making it rock stable it priority #0.
    A new stable release is up.
    It can be downloaded from Magisk Manager > Downloads as well.
    Refer to the readme for a full list of changes, features and recommendations.
    Now I'll be focusing more on the other projects (migrator, fbind, systemless GApps, daily job scheduler...).
    Until these reach satisfactory status, acc will only get occasional maintenance updates (bugfixes, optimizations, new charging control files...).

Edit: the installer enforced by Magisk Manager is not playing nice with acc. Until I fix that, use the zip from GitHub (release link above).

Edit 2: fixed.